Discount Tickets for Canadian Residents

Now here is something that you don't see very often.  There is an offer right now going on for a discounted ticket for Canadian residents.  If you are reading and are Canadian, go snatch this up!

http://www.chipandco.com/walt-disney-world-ticket-discount-canadian-residents-295379/

(excerpt from article, picture from disney.go.com and chipandco.com)

Walt Disney World has a great deal for our neighbors to the North. With this offer, Canadian residents can save 20% on 4-day or longer tickets when purchased in advance before February 10, 2018. Tickets are valid through December 31, 2018.

What’s great is that this ticket offer can be paired with Disney’s newest “Sun and Fun” room discount!

Canadian Ticket Discount

Important Details

• Tickets and options must be used within 14 days of first use. First use must be on or before December 31, 2018.
  • Tickets (unless upgraded to Park Hopper or Park Hopper Plus Options) are valid for admission to one theme park per day.
  • Items are priced for Canadian Residents only.
  • Savings compared to the price of the same ticket sold online at Disneyworld.ca.
  • All tickets and options are nontransferable and nonrefundable and exclude activities/events separately priced. Water parks subject to rehabilitation, seasonal and weather closures. Admission is subject to capacity closures and to other restrictions.
  • Tickets will be sold as exchange certificates, which must be redeemed at the theme park Main Entrance for admission.
  • All adult Guests must present valid proof of Canadian residency that includes government-issued photo ID to exchange the certificate for a valid ticket at the theme park ticket window or Guest Relations prior to first use.
  • Offer is valid for advance purchase only and is not available at Walt Disney World Resort theme park ticket windows.

I guess this will cut down on US citizens crossing the border to purchase the tickets...

But the article doesn't say where they can purchase the certificates... 

• All adult Guests must present valid proof of Canadian residency that includes government-issued photo ID to exchange the certificate for a valid ticket at the theme park ticket window or Guest Relations prior to first use.
25 minutes ago, Breezy2 said:

Great offer for our Canadian visitors! How about a USA marketing campaign where each month a different state was given the same opportunity? Would be interesting to see the sales numbers.

Would they do it East of the Mississippi for WDW and West for Disney Land?

What would be nice is if they offered something similar for AP's like SeaWorld does.

In January each AP holder can get 1 Friend for Free pass, Friday we took my sister in law to the park.

I was also give a ticket that allows me to get in 6 more people during the year at 50% off the daily ticket price.

56 minutes ago, Travisma said:

Would they do it East of the Mississippi for WDW and West for Disney Land?

What would be nice is if they offered something similar for AP's like SeaWorld does.

In January each AP holder can get 1 Friend for Free pass, Friday we took my sister in law to the park.

I was also give a ticket that allows me to get in 6 more people during the year at 50% off the daily ticket price.

You just posted a four letter word, starting with F, that is incredibly offensive to Disney.  

Bobby says more discounts are on the way.  The next one will be discounted tickets for left handed dentists and 4 of their friends, so start sucking up, losers.

Seems like there have been a lot of discounts in 2017/2018. Maybe I just haven't paid attention in the last few years because we've had annual passes but seems like since they raised annual passes last and introduced the tiered pricing a lot more discounts have come out for Florida residents and now Canadians. 

46 minutes ago, ftwildernessguy said:

Bobby says more discounts are on the way.  The next one will be discounted tickets for left handed dentists and 4 of their friends, so start sucking up, losers.

Tell Bobby he needs to cough up a Fiend discount.

13 hours ago, AuburnJen said:

Tell Bobby he needs to cough up a Fiend discount.

As a Canadian I would like to see a discount on camping rates at the Fort for us.  

I'll bring down a bunch of flags and collar pins!!!! You all can come stay with us and become honarary Canadians.

22 hours ago, lightbikes said:

As a Canadian I would like to see a discount on camping rates at the Fort for us.  

I'll bring down a bunch of flags and collar pins!!!! You all can come stay with us and become honarary Canadians.

As a Floridian I'd like to see a discount on camping rates at the Fort for us. 

• 3 weeks later...