Walt Disney World Expands Minnie Van Service To Include Orlando International Airport — Details, Prices

Thought this was significant enough to start a new thread.

More ways for Disney to lighten your wallet.

From the Inquisitr

Walt Disney World is making it even easier for guests to make their way around property, and now, they are taking them back to the airport in style too. Last year, Disney began its “Minnie Van” service which would allow guests to call for a vehicle and pay for it to take them to the parks or resorts. Over the last few months, it has continued to expand to different resorts, and now, it has expanded to include Orlando International Airport (MCO) as well.

Disney’s Magical Express is still an option that is being provided for guests staying at a WDW Resort hotel and it can be used without cost. For those arriving at MCO, they can reserve this service to be taken to their resort and also return to the airport once their vacation is over.

While that service is extremely convenient and useful, some guests would rather ride something different than a bus. That is why Disney has now expanded its Minnie Van service to transport guests from select Walt Disney World Resort hotels to the Orlando International Airport after their trip has ended.

At this time, it is only for return service to the airport and it is not yet known if it will ever include transportation for airport arrivals.

In the exact same way that the Minnie Van service started out in a limited fashion on WDW property, it is going to do the same for this new expansion. As reported by WDW Magic, it is starting out with guests staying at Disney’s Boardwalk Resort and it is expected to branch out to other resorts in time.

For guests to take advantage of this service, they would simply need to visit the Club Level Concierge of the resort and book their trip to the airport.

Danny Cox

As things currently stand with this new Minnie Van test, here are the details:

• Price: $150
  • Number of guests: Each vehicle can carry up to six guests and up to three car seats for those under the age of 6
  • Time: The service will run from 9 a.m. until 12 a.m. daily

This new expansion of the Minnie Van service at Walt Disney World is one that could really make life easier and more convenient for those flying out. Being able to have the simplicity of having a polka-dotted vehicle pick them up and take them out to Orlando International Airport from their resort is something that would make it worth the price. Right now, the test is limited, but with a little time, it will likely spread around the rest of the resorts.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, slices said:

I really don't understand why people would pay that much when the magical express is available

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

So they can brag that they did it!

Wait until they offer pick up service from the airport.  It'll involve a red carpet and Pixie Dust (tested safe for the environment) being sprinkled all over

Remember, Disney is looking for ways to empty those deep pockets of the well off people that have a ton of $$$ to burn.

That's why we have 65 different desert parties instead of them investing in upkeep or park expansions.

I bet within a week of Toy Story Land opening they will have some sort of pricey add ons.

3 hours ago, Travisma said:
  • Price: $150
  • Number of guests: Each vehicle can carry up to six guests and up to three car seats for those under the age of 6
  •  

I assume this is for ride not per guest ? And if you only have 3 people will they add 3 more to your van?  Also, can one use car seats on Magical Express? If not I wonder if that in part explains offering this. 

1 hour ago, Lou... said:

AK, none

DHS 1

Epcot 1, on select nights

MK 3

Don't get me wrong, Disney can try to get as much $$$ out of their customers as they can.

What I don't like is taking previously available spaces away from the non dessert people and giving it to them.

They need to come up with new places to put the parties and not stick them where people used to be able to sit.

Just like blocking off the riverboat for a good chunk of the afternoon for Tiana's Ice Cream Social.

12 minutes ago, Seals said:

I assume this is for ride not per guest ? And if you only have 3 people will they add 3 more to your van?  Also, can one use car seats on Magical Express? If not I wonder if that in part explains offering this. 

If you have one person or six persons in the van it’s your van. It’s not a rideshare. I don’t know about car seats on the ME

18 minutes ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

I checked with a shuttle service to see what it would cost to go from the boardwalk resort to MCO. For six people it would be $91 one-way. So you’re paying a $59 premium to be driven to the airport in a van with polkadots. No thank you

If you compare it to Uber or Lyft, the premium is more in the $75-100 range. 

TCD

Yep, that's the thing for me, I've pad more than that for airport transfers both car service and motorcoach, but for that distance it's expensive. Especially given the cheaper options.

And I just looked the car seat policy on the magical express.

Q.

Are car seats permitted on Disney’s Magical Express motorcoaches?

A.

Child safety seats are not recommended for use on the motorcoach. Not all motorcoaches have seat belts and the seat belts that may be present may not properly secure the child safety seat.

Children can sit on an adult's lap or occupy their own seat. Child safety seats may be stowed in the storage compartment underneath the motorcoach.

[\Quote]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I would bet that a one way daily rental of a minivan from Hertz or one if the other on- site companies from WDW to drop off at MCO would cost less than $150. 

TCD

And if you rent a red one they will throw in a bag of magnetic white dots for an extra $20.

7 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Another issue that I'm wondering how they will handle is luggage. So far, the Minnie Vans are all identical Chevy Traverses, with a couple of Sprinter vans they use for guests with ECV's. A Traverse can't carry six guests and their luggage. 

TCD

They may make your luggage take the ME Bus.