Walt Disney World Expands Minnie Van Service To Include Orlando International Airport — Details, Prices

19 hours ago, DaveInTN said:

While that sounds like a lot of money (and it is), I know from experience that transporting a large family to the port is expensive no matter how you slice it.  While you can typically rent a car on the cheap at MCO, when you have to move up to a minivan or SUV the price jumps exponentially.  And then you have to pay to park it at the port.  And ground transport options like Mears, shuttles, Uber, etc, are either unavailable or quite pricey for large parties.  Yes, you can find cheaper transport than dropping $500+ with tip for a Minnie Van, but probably not THAT much cheaper.  

Besides, when the yoga-pant clad Disney Mommies from Long Island need to get Hubby, Buffy, Jodie, Bippy and little Precious to their cruise, they simply MUST do it in polka dots.  

Are one and only Disney Cruise. 

We rented a car at MCO drove to the port.  Returned our car and got on the ship. Upon our arrival we picked rented another car and drove to WDW and returned our car.    No parking fees

Most of the time, in Florida, car rental companies don’t charge a drop off fee.  And rental cars are cheap.   And sometimes full size and minivans are cheap also  

Last May we rented a full-size car at MCO and returned it in Oklahoma City for 19 days for $173.55. Yes you read that right. $173.55 for 19 days and a return in Oklahoma. 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

40 minutes ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

Are one and only Disney Cruise. 

We rented a car at MCO drove to the port.  Returned our car and got on the ship. Upon our arrival we picked rented another car and drove to WDW and returned our car.    No parking fees

Most of the time, in Florida, car rental companies don’t charge a drop off fee.  And rental cars are cheap.   And sometimes full size and minivans are cheap also  

Last May we rented a full-size car at MCO and returned it in Oklahoma City for 19 days for $173.55. Yes you read that right. $173.55 for 19 days and a return in Oklahoma. 

I have a rental car reserved for  airport in Fort Myers, FL for Veteran's Day weekend.  I tried all the discounts I could find and the lowest I got was $213 for Thursday at 11pm-Monday at 7am.  They charge that as 4 days.  I did miss out one one pay-now deal that was $167 but now the prices have skyrocketed even higher than I paid.  I have no idea what's going on but that's the worst I've ever had for the amount of time I'll actually have it.

WBI

48 minutes ago, WannaBeImagineer said:

I have a rental car reserved for  airport in Fort Myers, FL for Veteran's Day weekend.  I tried all the discounts I could find and the lowest I got was $213 for Thursday at 11pm-Monday at 7am.  They charge that as 4 days.  I did miss out one one pay-now deal that was $167 but now the prices have skyrocketed even higher than I paid.  I have no idea what's going on but that's the worst I've ever had for the amount of time I'll actually have it.

WBI

What are you renting?  That seems high for a economy car. 

That's for the cheapest I could get.  Right now I have an Alamo reservation for an intermediate with a free upgrade, I also have a $10 off coupon, and a group discount.

I just did another quick search on Kayak and a they are showing an economy (Chevy Spark) for $198 through Dollar.  I'll have two car seats though so I probably need more room than that, but I am going to keep trying for something cheaper.

WBI

Wow that does sound high.  I wonder if the holiday weekend is having an effect?

Fingers crossed something cheaper comes along!

When we had car trouble at the Fort last fall we rented a car for 3 days from the car care center near MK (don't recall which company that is)  it only cost us $89.