4 hours ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

hmmm... "put up the campers somewhere" is pretty vague - backstage? overflow?  If they were really being "repossessed" I'd expect they'd be taken completely off property, not stored elsewhere by Disney.  

Now if they were removed from the sites by Disney for some reason, that's a whole other thing entirely and maybe someone misconstrued that for being "repossessed".

I know there were issues in the past of some rental companies leaving their campers on sites past checkout, in one case I heard of it was days before the company retrieved it (heard this from another vendor who'd been called by Disney asking if it was theirs - it wasn't).  I wonder if there was a similar issue here, or some other issue with Greenberg that caused Disney to remove all their units?

Hard to know how accurate FB "reporting" is, but definitely seems like *something* is up.

The FB post said Disney put the renters up somewhere (that’s what I meant when I said campers, not the units).  Sorry for the confusion.

9 hours ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

But that would mean the renter/guest didn't pay for their site so DISNEY wouldn't put them in another resort.

I think Disney might put the guests up somewhere else in either case of the guest losing access to the trailer. Whether the site was paid for by the rental company or by the guest it is better public relations and better for Disney financially to put the guest up somewhere else for a few days at Disney expense. They look good for taking care of the guest for circumstances beyond their control and keep them onsite to spend more money in the parks and restaurants.

27 minutes ago, keith_h said:

I think Disney might put the guests up somewhere else in either case of the guest losing access to the trailer. Whether the site was paid for by the rental company or by the guest it is better public relations and better for Disney financially to put the guest up somewhere else for a few days at Disney expense. They look good for taking care of the guest for circumstances beyond their control and keep them onsite to spend more money in the parks and restaurants.

Greenberg only provides the trailer they don't rent a package site and trailer. That is why the trailer doesn't get delivered until the occupant checks iin.  

From their website.

1. Call us at Greenberg Rent A Camper to find out what trailer rentals are available for the days you plan to stay at Fort Wilderness.
  2. If we have trailers available, call Fort Wilderness at (407) 939-6244 and reserve your campsite.
11 hours ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

Greenberg only provides the trailer they don't rent a package site and trailer. That is why the trailer doesn't get delivered until the occupant checks iin.  

From their website.

1. Call us at Greenberg Rent A Camper to find out what trailer rentals are available for the days you plan to stay at Fort Wilderness.
  2. If we have trailers available, call Fort Wilderness at (407) 939-6244 and reserve your campsite.

Boy, that must be fun trying to co-ordinate that mess.

It's like what came first the chicken or the egg.

Do you book a site and hope there is a trailer available, or do you reserve a trailer and hope to find a site?

Their website makes it sound like you can just get a site with a simple phone call.  We all know that doesn't work 95% of the time.

18 minutes ago, Travisma said:

Boy, that must be fun trying to co-ordinate that mess.

It's like what came first the chicken or the egg.

Do you book a site and hope there is a trailer available, or do you reserve a trailer and hope to find a site?

There website makes it sound like you can just get a site with a simple phone call.  We all know that doesn't work 95% of the time.

Definitely. 

30 minutes ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

Easy, book the campsite first, then shop around for a trailer rental. There is only "one" Fort, and about 1/2 dozen trailer rental companies.

And the campsite can be cancelled for a full refund with in certain time frames depending on how it was booked. 

31 minutes ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

Easy, book the campsite first, then shop around for a trailer rental. There is only "one" Fort, and about 1/2 dozen trailer rental companies.

Just now, Katman1356...Jason said:

And the campsite can be cancelled for a full refund with in certain time frames depending on how it was booked. 

Yep, that's it!

Since the trailer rental companies all have different refund policies, doesn't really work well the other way around.

• 1 month later...
36 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Can't say I'm surprised.  They took the reviews off their FB page a while back but the negative Google reviews have been piling up and it sounds like at least a few people are owed money they're not likely to ever get back now.  :(

Oh...that's just terrible :(

On 12/5/2019 at 10:01 AM, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Can't say I'm surprised.  They took the reviews off their FB page a while back but the negative Google reviews have been piling up and it sounds like at least a few people are owed money they're not likely to ever get back now.  :(

Where's Paul Harvey when you need him?

So there's more weirdness around this whole thing. And take all of this with a big grain of salt because.... internet.

I've seen rumblings here and there that Greenberg is now operating as Elite Camper Rentals.

I haven't seen anything to confirm that's true.

What I did see is that Elite Camper Rentals popped up on FB in November and the domain name of their website was registered in late October.

The phone numbers and address listed on their website are different than was was on Greenberg's (now shut down) site.

Here's where it gets even weirder... there's a Cease & Desist posted on their FB page that suggests some shenanigans between them and another rental company, and at least some small connection with Greenberg in that they're claiming that some of Greenberg's former "investors" did move their campers to them, allegedly because of non-payment.  The C&D adamantly claims they have nothing to do with Greenberg.

A little digging turned up Elite Camper Rental, Inc. corporation reg with the state of FL.

Filed 10/29/19 - people and address listed for principals are not Greenberg

http://search.sunbiz.org/Inquiry/corporationsearch/SearchResultDetail?inquirytype=EntityName&directionType=PreviousList&searchNameOrder=ELITECAMPERRENTALS P190000841330&aggregateId=domp-p19000084133-cf67e062-433d-4e8b-9e22-b1a9912ef431&searchTerm=ELITE BUSINESS INC&listNameOrder=ELITECABMIAMI P170000812160

No idea what, if anything, all of that means.

If they are related.... reading between the lines I would guess some of the "investors" probably had some Greenberg campers financed in their name. When Greenberg got sideways and fell behind on the payment they went to pick them up. There were posts on facebook about guests having their Greenberg campers repossessed while at the Fort. Greenberg claims these were stolen. No sane person would claim that a bank was stealing when a repossession occurred, but if the "investor" did it I could see how this could be labeled as such.

2 hours ago, ImDownWithDisney said:

If they are related.... reading between the lines I would guess some of the "investors" probably had some Greenberg campers financed in their name. When Greenberg got sideways and fell behind on the payment they went to pick them up. There were posts on facebook about guests having their Greenberg campers repossessed while at the Fort. Greenberg claims these were stolen. No sane person would claim that a bank was stealing when a repossession occurred, but if the "investor" did it I could see how this could be labeled as such.

Yep.  And there were comments from Greenberg on their FB page (now deleted) about how investors broke their contracts with them to go to another rental company.  Which if true, but it's because the investors weren't being paid, begs the question of who really broke the contract? 

Ironically, the company that he claimed the investors went to is the one that Elite is now claiming is telling people that they're affiliated with Greenberg.

As our fearless Snarky™ leader always says - things that make you go hmm.....

Coming next week to TLC... Camper Rental Wars?

7 hours ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

I've seen rumblings here and there that Greenberg is now operating as Elite Camper Rentals.

I think the "Elite" that was on Greenberg's site is being confused with Elite Camper Rentals. Greenberg also had a rental site at our park which is Elite Resorts and our park was mentioned on his web-site along with the FORT. There has been no activity here since he closed. 

As to the "theft" reference vs repo. If I remember correctly the Sheriff was on site at the FORT when the rigs were towed out.

A search of "ELITE CAMPER RENTAL'S" address is a lot at "FLORIDA CAMP INN" RV Park on US-27.

16 hours ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

I think the "Elite" that was on Greenberg's site is being confused with Elite Camper Rentals. Greenberg also had a rental site at our park which is Elite Resorts and our park was mentioned on his web-site along with the FORT. There has been no activity here since he closed. 

The more I poke around the more I believe that Elite Camper Rentals is not Greenberg - but then what do I know?

They did pop up right around the time Greenberg was falling apart, but that may just mean that someone who knew what was going on had the foresight to say "hmm... and opening in the market..."

Where it gets hinky is that there are a few people on FB and other message boards "screaming" (in all caps) that Elite = Greenberg.  Hence the cease & desist.

15 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

The more I poke around the more I believe that Elite Camper Rentals is not Greenberg - but then what do I know?

They did pop up right around the time Greenberg was falling apart, but that may just mean that someone who knew what was going on had the foresight to say "hmm... and opening in the market..."

Where it gets hinky is that there are a few people on FB and other message boards "screaming" (in all caps) that Elite = Greenberg.  Hence the cease & desist.

Since the 2 partners in ELITE have names totally different from the two names on GREENBERG's "SORRY WE"RE CLOSING" and the fact that they are based out of FL CAMPER"S INN and not the office that Holowinski used on 192 tells me there is no connection. Also is they were connected why is one of Greenberg's rigs still sitting on his lot(Holowinski's) here? It used to be when it was brought in they always connected it to power,, it isn't now.  

I still say it is just totally name confusion.  This is also nothing close to what Greenberg even attempted.

From Elite:

Vacation for your dreams!

November 14, 2019

We are taking everything out of your hassle - You start your RV CRUISE in Orlando - staying for 3 days then we will move your trailer to Daytona - where we staying 2 days and then taking a trip to Key West where we stay for 3 days. No need to pack and unpack. Your “Hotel Suite on wheels” will be moved for you with our trucks while you traveling in rental car or motorcycle.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Strawberry Moon said:

So here's what I think I know, and I've been watching this one. The Greenberg thing is a mess, but they may have been very actively undermined by a ruthless competitor who wrote false reviews, lured one or more top employees, and so on. Elite appears to have nothing to do with Greenberg. I think more may be revealed over time. 

There's a whole lot of they said/they said going on, with lots of accusations being flung back and forth, and in some cases people contradicting themselves in the process of trying to explain/defend their own actions.

Throw in the fact that most of what people are hearing is playing out online and over social media, and I doubt we'll ever really know the full, true story.