4 hours ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

hmmm... "put up the campers somewhere" is pretty vague - backstage? overflow?  If they were really being "repossessed" I'd expect they'd be taken completely off property, not stored elsewhere by Disney.  

Now if they were removed from the sites by Disney for some reason, that's a whole other thing entirely and maybe someone misconstrued that for being "repossessed".

I know there were issues in the past of some rental companies leaving their campers on sites past checkout, in one case I heard of it was days before the company retrieved it (heard this from another vendor who'd been called by Disney asking if it was theirs - it wasn't).  I wonder if there was a similar issue here, or some other issue with Greenberg that caused Disney to remove all their units?

Hard to know how accurate FB "reporting" is, but definitely seems like *something* is up.

The FB post said Disney put the renters up somewhere (that’s what I meant when I said campers, not the units).  Sorry for the confusion.

9 hours ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

But that would mean the renter/guest didn't pay for their site so DISNEY wouldn't put them in another resort.

I think Disney might put the guests up somewhere else in either case of the guest losing access to the trailer. Whether the site was paid for by the rental company or by the guest it is better public relations and better for Disney financially to put the guest up somewhere else for a few days at Disney expense. They look good for taking care of the guest for circumstances beyond their control and keep them onsite to spend more money in the parks and restaurants.

27 minutes ago, keith_h said:

I think Disney might put the guests up somewhere else in either case of the guest losing access to the trailer. Whether the site was paid for by the rental company or by the guest it is better public relations and better for Disney financially to put the guest up somewhere else for a few days at Disney expense. They look good for taking care of the guest for circumstances beyond their control and keep them onsite to spend more money in the parks and restaurants.

Greenberg only provides the trailer they don't rent a package site and trailer. That is why the trailer doesn't get delivered until the occupant checks iin.  

From their website.

1. Call us at Greenberg Rent A Camper to find out what trailer rentals are available for the days you plan to stay at Fort Wilderness.
  2. If we have trailers available, call Fort Wilderness at (407) 939-6244 and reserve your campsite.

11 hours ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

Greenberg only provides the trailer they don't rent a package site and trailer. That is why the trailer doesn't get delivered until the occupant checks iin.  

From their website.

1. Call us at Greenberg Rent A Camper to find out what trailer rentals are available for the days you plan to stay at Fort Wilderness.
  2. If we have trailers available, call Fort Wilderness at (407) 939-6244 and reserve your campsite.

Boy, that must be fun trying to co-ordinate that mess.

It's like what came first the chicken or the egg.

Do you book a site and hope there is a trailer available, or do you reserve a trailer and hope to find a site?

Their website makes it sound like you can just get a site with a simple phone call.  We all know that doesn't work 95% of the time.

18 minutes ago, Travisma said:

Boy, that must be fun trying to co-ordinate that mess.

It's like what came first the chicken or the egg.

Do you book a site and hope there is a trailer available, or do you reserve a trailer and hope to find a site?

There website makes it sound like you can just get a site with a simple phone call.  We all know that doesn't work 95% of the time.

Definitely. 

30 minutes ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

Easy, book the campsite first, then shop around for a trailer rental. There is only "one" Fort, and about 1/2 dozen trailer rental companies.

And the campsite can be cancelled for a full refund with in certain time frames depending on how it was booked. 

31 minutes ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

Easy, book the campsite first, then shop around for a trailer rental. There is only "one" Fort, and about 1/2 dozen trailer rental companies.

Just now, Katman1356...Jason said:

And the campsite can be cancelled for a full refund with in certain time frames depending on how it was booked. 

Yep, that's it!

Since the trailer rental companies all have different refund policies, doesn't really work well the other way around.