Friar's Nook - Tater Tots and Fried Twinkies

This review seems appropriate given the other thread where we're talking about double cheeseburgers with mac and cheese on top.  B)

Plus tater tots...

REVIEW: Friar’s Nook at the Magic Kingdom Now Serving Loaded Tots & Fried Twinkies

February 1, 2018
F1F6C48D-BC4E-4364-81A4-FA8135B18730-990

Friar’s Nook in Fantasyland at the Magic Kingdom introduced a new menu today, serving a number of “loaded potato tots” dishes and a fried Twinkie for dessert.

The Friar’s Nook is located between Storybook Treats and the Princess Fairytale Hall in Fantasyland, across from the castle wall.

5AC25ADB-ACD2-437D-BF8E-66090D33FCBA.jpe

Loaded Buffalo Chicken Tots ($9.49)

4E90BBF7-10BE-40B0-8F22-9CE56A9C9FB2.jpe

The standout of the bunch is the Buffalo Chicken variety. The chicken itself is well prepared with the buffalo sauce adding a nice spicy kick, offset by the bleu cheese. It’s hard to mess up tater tots, so they’re obviously good. Considering there are full entrees at counter service locations you could get for this price, the portion size isn’t great, but it is nice to have the option and more variety in the park.

Loaded Greek Tots ($9.49)

4768C671-D310-4D98-AE74-644227226A6A.jpe

The Loaded Greek Tots came with almost nothing on them and what was on the tots (taziki sauce, peppers, and olives) was forgettable and pretty bland. I wouldn’t bother with these again.

Loaded Fiesta Tots ($9.49)

0DADAB5C-7BCF-48E1-835C-B7F445621B81.jpe

The second best of the group, these are enjoyable if you are a fan of a traditional taco flavor. The quest, tomato, and beef are what you would expect from a counter service location, but were flavorful enough to make this a valid option.

Fried Twinkie ($4.99)

93F3F53D-289B-497A-91EA-6EDA4ACE426A.jpe

The fried Twinkie is available with one of four toppings: Strawberry, Caramel, Chocolate, or Vanilla.

D4579272-9441-4852-BE8E-DC8976BEFA00.jpe

We tried strawberry and chocolate toppings. You can have them mix the toppings as well if you’d like.

90BAAA86-E78B-4090-89B4-31CF849D8C74.jpe

If you’ve never had a fried Twinkie, this is a pretty standard representation, but I’ve had better. It’s good, I just think there are a lot of other fried or baked treat at the Magic Kingdom that I would rather have. It’s worth a try if you have never had one, just to say you have I suppose. It was fairly dry and somewhat flavorless in our opinion.

https://wdwnt.com/2018/02/review-friars-nook-magic-kingdom-now-serving-loaded-tots-fried-twinkies/

Didn't they used to have a cheeseburger or bacon cheeseburger Mac and cheese there? For some reason I have a vague memory of seeing something like that somewhere in the MK, when we went bu it towards the end of the night to get one they were closed. This would have been a few years ago when I was there with my cousin.

7 hours ago, Cortezcapt (Derek) said:

Didn't they used to have a cheeseburger or bacon cheeseburger Mac and cheese there? For some reason I have a vague memory of seeing something like that somewhere in the MK, when we went bu it towards the end of the night to get one they were closed. This would have been a few years ago when I was there with my cousin.

Yes.

Friars-Nook-Mac-and-Cheese-in-Disney-Wor

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2014/01/05/news-and-review-bacon-cheeseburger-mac-cheese-at-friars-nook-in-disney-world/

Is it just me or does it seem like Friar's Nook has become the last bastion for "food that's superduperbadforyoubut(hopefully)delicious" at MK?  Seems like every menu item here for a while now has been some combination of aPileOfCarbs+bacon and/or some other meat+cheese.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. I just wouldn't recommend eating here then hopping on the tea cups.  B)

11 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Is it just me or does it seem like Friar's Nook has become the last bastion for "food that's superduperbadforyoubut(hopefully)delicious" at MK?  Seems like every menu item here for a while now has been some combination of aPileOfCarbs+bacon and/or some other meat+cheese.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. I just wouldn't recommend eating here then hopping on the tea cups.  B)

This certainly looks like a man who would enjoy bacon cheeseburger mac n cheese.  

friartuck.gif