Four resorts, one long weekend, and a birthday to remember!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks! We had no plans on getting one for a long time, but it ended up just being the right time for us. There's a few balconies at Beach Club that are very unique. I guess this one was really

Some friends play the radio or even leave the tv on, helps to cover outside noises that could set their dogs off, their dogs prefer the Animal Planet channel  

We love adventure! Whether it’s pulling our accommodations behind us, or moving rooms every day!     Thanks. That little tent really does make a difference. We didn’t bring it with us on this trip, s

That is a very nice little trailer and it sounds as if you dealt with a pretty good dealer and sales person that knew her stuff. She was never pushy and knew what your needs were, one sales guy I send folks to is like that and will also check your tow vehicle so it can pull what you want, great trip report and your like us, comfortable in both DVC units and a camper.

We love adventure! Whether it’s pulling our accommodations behind us, or moving rooms every day!

Great TR. and happy belated birthday. 

It would be fun, once, to try several resorts in one trip  

Which DVC is your favorite resort and why?

Love the trailer. Especially how the doors open into the living room. (Tent, lol)

Thanks. That little tent really does make a difference. We didn’t bring it with us on this trip, since we had the big tent.

As far as favorite DVC.....that is tough. We really love them all for different reasons. We still haven’t tried Aulani or the Grand Floridian. If I absolutely had to pick one right now, it might be Poly. We stayed there in October for the first time and fell in love with that resort. When they first announced it, kenneth was ready to add on. I didn’t get what the big deal was. We finally got around to booking a room there. The floor plan is great with the bathroom being split and I just adore that resort. I love walking around the grounds of the Poly, especially at night. It also has a great location. When we wanted to go to EPCOT, we just walked next door to the TTC and jumped on the monorail. We’ll be back there in May (we booked that trip while we were staying there in October).

Awesome, love your little trailer!!!!

Thanks, Carol!

Trailer looks nice, I've just been googling the specs. Something we would consider if we ever upgraded from a tent. Have the same restriction on needing to keep in the garage.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

We’re very happy with this little trailer! Sometimes it’s good to keep things simple.

That is a neat little trailer with the tent addition looks roomy.

Good for you thinking of your fellow campers (barking dog) and of the dogs.  I wonder if there is a way you could get the little guy use to being left in the trailer?  Maybe set him up at home in the garage, do often enough for him to stop the yapping.  Then move camper to driveway,  then farther out to a shopping parking lot.

Has anyone dealt with this problem and solved it?

There were a few times in the evening, that we left them in there with the heat going and windows closed. Like, when we just needed to run up to the trading post to grab some stuff or go get a GAG. We didn’t hear any barking then - we’d ride by on our bikes a few times to check. I think maybe he had a harder time when he could hear everything outside. But, I think we still have some work to do with the Buzzer!

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/10/2018 at 10:16 AM, h2odivers...Ray said:

It would be fun, once, to try several resorts in one trip  

Which DVC is your favorite resort and why?

I have done multiple trips with split stays.  Without a car, it makes it more difficult, but it is nice to be able to see the different resorts.  We have even stayed in different room types, in the same resort.

As for a favorite resort, it just depends.

Overall Theming - Beach Club
Closeness to Magic Kingdom - BLT
Closeness to EPCOT, DHS - Beach Club
Being able to get last minute - Saratoga Springs(SSR)
The size of the rooms - Old Key West(OKW)
Liked the least - Boardwalk
Pool - Beach Club
Not point happy - SSR, OKW

I own points at BCV and SSR.  I have stayed at BCV, SSR, OKW, VWL(Now Boulder Creek), Poly, BLT.