Finally made it from Wisconsin

Checked in about 1pm. Truck gave us issues the way down ( we drive straight thru from Wisconsin) but we made it.  Felt like the engine was mis firing. 1am at Monteagle TN is not the place to deal with that. Did it the rest of the way down. Check is was a breeze got right on site. 1700 loop which is what I wanted. Nice big site too. Picked up some lobster tails from Costco and grilled them for me and the Mrs , kids had Mac and cheese haha haha! That and they blew their gift cards already at Trading Post so that's done! Weather is FANTASTIC ( high temp where I left from was 2)

Low key day Saturday, Grand Flo Cafe lunch rez, monorail ride, p/u golf kart from Kenny. 

Anyone know when the Meadows Pool opens again after refurb? Slides were being refiberglassed. 

Glad you made it!! The Car Care Center right outside Magic Kingdom is a pretty good shop and has service rates in line with the normal world. If you want to get your truck looked at while your there, it's a good place.

Not sure on the pool, but every comfort station has a house phone. Give the desk a call and they should be able to tell you.

Glad you made it down!!  Have an AWESOME time!!!  As I do (often), I looked at the Fort's weather yesterday... man that 73 sounded good.

Like Carol, I don't have any info on the pool, but her suggestion was a good one.  Either the house phone or a trip up to the front desk.

Enjoy!

I didn't get most of what you said.... my brain got stuck on lobster mac n cheese.....mmmmmmmm

I think you read it wrong. The adults had lobster the poor kids got stuck with Mac n cheese. I wonder if they snuck some lobster to put in their mac n cheese?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

We are back in 15 days. So hopefully cold at home is gone. Yes we drive straight thru, only way to do it. I won't waste precious vacation days on staying in some dump when I can stay at THE FORT.

Truck is at the shop. It's my father in laws truck so (he is also down here)  he gets to deal with it. Ha! AAA came and towed it for me. 

Gave the 2 kids that wanted lobster a taste. Mrs. And me ate most of it.

Lunch at Grand Flo Cafe today. Service was slow, portions were small, but food was good. Some monorail rides, DS wanted to see Herbie so we went over to ASM for that. Picked up golf cart from Kenny today. Definitely faster than the salvage carts the Mouse rents, our 2nd time renting from him and I'm sold. Meadows Pool open today but kiddie part is not yet.

Rec. schedule says campfire starts at 6:30 on one part of page, but on the back daily schedule is gives a different start time. I asked, it's 6:30, 6 on Fri and Sat for the double feature. Really, you publish a schedule with wrong times? Not complaining but wow. 

MK tomorrow! Woot woot!

I think it's either a front bearing or something in the 4 wheel drive linkage.  I'm getting a professional opinion on Tuesday. I'm hearing a groan coming from the front that is consistent with road speed.  I don't believe it s engine or transmission, so fingered crossed.

Make sure the hubs actually unlocked  since the last time you used them.  The Ford hubs are known  to stick and can lead to one side being locked so the spider gears in the front diff are forced to turn. Lock and unlock a few times and tap on them. Get down and try to spin the outer u joints, they should spin pretty easy. 

4 hours ago, PGHFiend said:

Make sure the hubs actually unlocked  since the last time you used them.  The Ford hubs are known  to stick and can lead to one side being locked so the spider gears in the front diff are forced to turn. Lock and unlock a few times and tap on them. Get down and try to spin the outer u joints, they should spin pretty easy. 

Thanks partner. Worth a shot