Passholder Discount on Disney After Hours Tickets

Passholder discount still available for Disney After Hours for dates through March

Magic Kingdom at night

Image: Disney 

Though the Disney After Hours upcharge experience had a rough start last year, thus far 2018's edition of this after-hours upcharge event has been a roaring success with two event nights selling out already this year. It may come as a little bit of a surprise then that annual passholders are still able to take advantage of a pretty sweet $30 discount off the $119 ticket price, making this a much more affordable option for this group. This discount will continue to be available for event dates through March 8, 2018. 

Though its true that the cost of a Walt Disney World vacation is perpetually on the rise with new prices projected to come out soon for 2018 and beyond, there are at least a few ways guests visiting the resort can save this month, particularly if they are planning on visiting Disney Springs. Will you be taking advantage of any of these discounts and deals in the weeks ahead? 

https://www.themeparktourist.com/news/20180205/33649/discounts-and-deals-disney-guests-can-take-advantage-right-now?page=1

I noticed that this year, all of the usual bloggers, including Josh from Easywdw, have partaken in this event that they all ridiculed last year. 

It's pretty obvious to me that the "sold out" events were full of these blogger types who are now all telling us what a fantastic deal this is. Disney clearly gave them all free tickets. And now the bloggers are upholding their end of the bargain.

Some things never change. 

TCD

It's amusing, on the various FB sites someone will ask if it's worth paying the extra $$ for these tickets, and it seems like the same people unanimously start saying it's the best $$ they ever spent.  If someone says it wan't worth it they get shot down pretty quick.

Can you just purchase the after hours ticket like for Halloween, or do you need a days admission also?

2 minutes ago, Travisma said:

so you don't need a days admission besides the after hours... that's good, but a lot of $$ for a few hours and no fancy decorations.

Right. No special parade, shows or fireworks. And, this year they aren't letting guests in at 4 pm- only at 6 pm. And, at 6, the park is still full of day guests. So, it really is only 3 hours of really short lines. The short line part is true- most rides are walk-ons, except for the Mine Train. Still, that's a big price to pay for such a short time in the park.

TCD

• 3 weeks later...

Seems to me like these "special events" are getting out of hand. I feel sorry for people who buy tickets to find out their time in a specific park is limited because of an "evening event."  A day ticket on those special days is exactly that- doesn't mean you get night time too. They need to start charging less for limited access. That'll never happen-haha! But would be an eloquent solution, good public relations, and put the smile back on Walt's face.