Anyone stayed at Wilderness Lodge?

We stayed there in December. It was nice! I would ask for a ground floor courtyard view, I think this gives you easier access to the boat and roaring forks regardless of which side you're on. We had a jr suite which was located on the far end of the same side as Roaring Forks. It was great for boat access, but was a long hike to the bus.

We stayed there in December. It was nice! I would ask for a ground floor courtyard view, I think this gives you easier access to the boat and roaring forks regardless of which side you're on. We had a jr suite which was located on the far end of the same side as Roaring Forks. It was great for boat access, but was a long hike to the bus.

Okay...different opinion here...I would get an upper level floor with a water (lake not pool) view.  You can sit on your balcony and watch the water pageant at night...it's great!  If I remember correctly, we could also watch the geyser erupt every hour!

Holly, did you have a preference to the villas or the lodge? Any view better to request? We have only stayed at the Fort and at a value once.

Both are very nice.  The villa rooms are much bigger, but the one bedroom had a weird setup for the bathroom, closet, and other doors.  We were always having to close one door to open another.  The studios at the villas probably wouldn't have this problem.  The lodge rooms are very nice too and probably a good bit cheaper.

I've got a different view but I'm guessing it has more to do with me than the resort itself :argh:  Our balcony overlooked the pool near the bar and we could see the lake as well.  The room was very nice and the themeing is great but what I didn't like was that the "outdoor" space was limited and I felt cooped up even when I left the room.  I had to walk a long corridor and then take the elevator to the ground floor before being able to get outdoors. 

I like to get outdoors and walk around the resort grounds and take everything in.  Wilderness Lodge didn't seem to have that... just one massive building along with the villas.  Fort Wilderness is great in that aspect and Port Orleans Riverside is also an amazing place to walk the grounds, especially in the morning.

As I noted, that's just me, but I wanted to give the "confined" persons point of view in case anyone else suffers from the same ailment  :wiz:  I probably wouldn't stay at WL again.

• 2 weeks later...

We honeymooned there in 95, we thought it was great. If I wasn't such a camper fiend I would want to stay there. 8)