New MB Designs... and color

Brand New Disney MagicBand Designs And Colors Are Coming: Princess Dooney, Peter Pan, Black Panther

February is loaded with a lot of style and plenty of new MagicBands.

February is going to be quite the exciting month if you’re a MagicBand collector as there are a number of new colors and designs coming out, and you won’t want to miss any of them. These new MagicBands are great for anyone visiting Walt Disney World or even if you just feel like wearing them as a fashion statement. At least after this month, you’ll have the ability to wear The Lion King, Ariel, Oogie Boogie, Black Panther, and Princess Dooney.

In the last few months, two brand new MagicBand colors were added to the solids and they were black and Millennial Pink. Now, there are a couple of other new colors being added to the mix, but nothing solid as of yet.

Also, for those wondering, the black and Millennial Pink have not yet been added to the options for Walt Disney World vacation packages. Even though purple eventually made it into the list of choices, there is no guarantee that those two will ever be thrown into those options.

As reported by the Disney Parks blog, the first new color is a navy blue, which is the background of a Peter Pan MagicBand as it celebrates its 65th anniversary this month. It is set to hit stores on Feb. 9, 2018, and it is already available online for $22.99 plus tax.

Take a look at the new MagicBands you can find at Walt Disney World in February: https://t.co/DaxdX6PtrT pic.twitter.com/CWR6nbx7Un

— Disney Parks (@DisneyParks) February 6, 2018

The second new color is a cream color, which will be a limited edition and imprinted with a new Dooney & Bourke design. It will hit store shelves in a cool miniature suitcase; it will only be available in the parks at a cost of $48 plus tax.

For Marvel fans, there is also an awesome Black Panther MagicBand which will hit stores on Feb. 16, and that happens to be the same day the movie lands in theaters. It will retail for $32.99 plus tax and is limited to only 2,500.

Seven new #MagicBands coming, including Dooney bands, #BlackPanther Limited Edition, and a new cream color! https://t.co/TjiYl9ALWZ pic.twitter.com/CI6FYFVbtu

— MagicBand Collectors (@DisMagicBands) February 6, 2018

The next new MagicBand design is another in the Dooney & Bourke collection, and it will be released at the 10th Disney Princess Half Marathon. Guests can pick up this unique MagicBand for $48 plus tax at the marathon expo beginning on Feb. 22, but let it be known that there are only 500 of them.

Disney releases several beautiful, new MagicBand designs including Peter Pan, Cinderella and Black Panther https://t.co/Wx0NX8DxV2

— Chris PIlz (@chrispilz) February 6, 2018

Along with those MagicBands, there will be an orange band themed to The Lion King and a blue one for The Little Mermaid. Let’s not forget that there will also be a red Nightmare Before Christmas and a glow-in-the-dark Oogie Boogie MagicBand coming out as well.

All four of those bands will be available online on Feb. 12 and in stores on Feb. 16.

February is going to be quite the busy month at Walt Disney World with guests visiting for Mardi Gras, cheerleading competitions, the Princess Half, and Presidents Day weekend. Lots of guests will be heading to the parks and now they’ll have plenty of new MagicBand colors and designs to pick up. The Dooney & Bourke, Disney Princess, Nightmare Before Christmas, Peter Pan, and Black Panther are only a few of them, but they’re all worth buying.

On a side note, The Character Warehouse on Vineland had the previous Dooney and Burke MBs for $7.99 last Friday.  Got one for my wife and oldest daughter.

38 minutes ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Haha... I just threw away 10 or so MBs so, suffice to say... I am NOT a MBs collector :lol:    Now, if we could get a cute on on clearance like you did... I might do that ;)

Ugh my heart dropped when I read this haha.

We have so many I use them as decorations on my outdoor Christmas tree along with our old key to world cards and some Mickey decorations I made. Also hooked them all together one time and made a garland to hang on the golf cart.

11 minutes ago, Cortezcapt (Derek) said:

Ugh my heart dropped when I read this haha.

We have so many I use them as decorations on my outdoor Christmas tree along with our old key to world cards and some Mickey decorations I made. Also hooked them all together one time and made a garland to hang on the golf cart.

Ah... I thought about making something with them, but I always feel like we have too much "stuff" anyway.  Every time I turn around, there's a pile here and a project there.  So, over the past couple of years, I've stopped doing that and started donating/throwing out a lot more.   I have seen some cute ideas with the old MBs though :P

53 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

LOL. So are you saying the $48 ones they're selling this year aren't a good investment?

TCD

Incredible... isn't it?

Question:  do the old MBs work, even when new designs come out (the old bands used to be skinny, the new ones are wider).   I guess if you live in FL, and get an AP every year, I could see getting a cute one... but only if you could use it year after year.

Just now, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Incredible... isn't it?

Question:  do the old MBs work, even when new designs come out (the old bands used to be skinny, the new ones are wider).   I guess if you live in FL, and get an AP every year, I could see getting a cute one... but only if you could use it year after year.

All of my old ones still work, but having too many active MB's on your MDE account causes problems at the resorts. I've had a lot of trouble getting a current MB to work properly on resort door locks. The front desk CM's recommend that you only have a few active MB's on your account. 

TCD

7 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

All of my old ones still work, but having too many active MB's on your MDE account causes problems at the resorts. I've had a lot of trouble getting a current MB to work properly on resort door locks. The front desk CM's recommend that you only have a few active MB's on your account. 

TCD

Gotcha.  So.. I could see buying a cute one, if we lived there and went more than 2 or 3 times per year.  But, than again, there are 4 of us and $50 x 4... maybe not :P

6 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

TCD

Like TCD said.

I kept my 2 special bands and one plain one active, then disconnected the others.  I think I had about 10 at one time.

I will be purchasing one of the Nightmare ones, that line of merchandise is few and far between, and what little they come out with goes pretty quick.

41 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

TCD

I wish they would allow you to totally remove the inactive cards and bands from MDE and not just deactivate them

3 hours ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Ah... I thought about making something with them, but I always feel like we have too much "stuff" anyway.  Every time I turn around, there's a pile here and a project there.  So, over the past couple of years, I've stopped doing that and started donating/throwing out a lot more.   I have seen some cute ideas with the old MBs though :P

I could have written this word for word lol. I attempted to save and do something but I don’t have enough to actually do anything with them. 

I do have old keys to the world cards on my Christmas tree, but I like how they have the dates on them. 

1 hour ago, Cortezcapt (Derek) said:

Fuzzy picture because I didn't have one of just the tree, but that was our tree from the Fort with MB, Card, and plastic beads melted into Mickey heads. Those were all on some small trees up our walk at home last year, 2017 I didn't hardly put anything up. b2b3cef7f0f32aba7ec7a986b34be009.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Very cute ^_^