Really?  212 a night? That's the end of us coming for spring break then.  I was reeaaaaallllyyyyy stretching the line at 175. I mean, really stretching.....we took a day away from park visits to make it work. 

Spring break for us is....maybe was, becoming a tradition.  This will mark 6 years of visits for easter and for that price will push us off site. I know someone else will surely take our place. 

I hope youtube starts adding smells to posted fort videos because we are definitely out for that rate. 

Sad. 

Congrats on getting a reservation for Florida's official Hurricane Week-that's why a premium site was available and more reasonable.  Hurricane's historically make landfall in Florida every Labor Day Weekend a few days one side or the other of the holiday. Be prepared to evacuate - have a Plan B in place before you arrive. Just a 50 year resident offering words of wisdom. Sprinkle some Pixie Dust and hope you get in and out safely and have a magical time.

Edited by Breezy2
missed word

Actually a hurricane at Disney is not that bad as long as you know they will move you to another resort(the fort closes) the parks will be closed a few days and most likely the Fort will not reopen while you are there. But the the parks will be pretty empty the day before and after. Already done it and it wasn't that bad.

9 hours ago, bhall said:

Nah, she's good.  No natural disasters will hit Disney that weekend as I have no reservations then.  The place to watch out for this year is Lake George, NY the weekend after Labor Day.

Haha... that's funny :P  

I'm not too worried about Labor Day, as I'm not sure that we'll make it down.  I made the reservation last year, as I wanted to take advantage of the 3 day weekend... but then I decided to visit the SW, so I took some of Tom's vacation time there.  Plus, we had a bonus trip to the Fort added in June so...

On 2/10/2018 at 7:41 PM, articfox676 said:

I remember a $100 a night and thinking that was outrageous. Now we have some serious decisions. If the Fort is $212 how much are the value resorts?

Rack rates for standard All Stars room hits a high of $183 around Easter and Christmas this year.

55 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Rack rates for standard All Stars room hits a high of $183 around Easter and Christmas this year.

Not to defend the prices, but that is for 4 people (2 adults 2 kids) in 2 double beds, not even queens. 

16 minutes ago, bloomcruisers said:

I just priced a tent/pop up site for 1st week in April next year and got a rate quote for $147/night. That was for 7 nights only including 1 weekend. I don't get it because this is higher than any rates I see posted anywhere.

Easter isn't until April 21 so it's not that. 

For dates that far in the future, rates have not been set- so they charge a deposit equal to one night of the highest rate they anticipate charging for one night in that site level during the most expensive time of the year. That way, they're guaranteed that the deposit amount will be sufficient, no matter what the rate actually ends up being.

TCD 

14 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

For dates that far in the future, rates have not been set- so they charge a deposit equal to one night of the highest rate they anticipate charging for one night in that site level during the most expensive time of the year. That way, they're guaranteed that the deposit amount will be sufficient, no matter what the rate actually ends up being.

TCD 

What he said. 

I had first tried to get something this year in early November and she basically laughed at me and said from Halloween to New Years book up at 499 days out.  So all those people are booking at some imaginary rates that will be adjusted 6-8 months later?

it seems that if they are requiring you to reserve 499 days out, then they should have to give you a real rate at that point. 

3 hours ago, bloomcruisers said:

I had first tried to get something this year in early November and she basically laughed at me and said from Halloween to New Years book up at 499 days out.  So all those people are booking at some imaginary rates that will be adjusted 6-8 months later?

Yes we did that for many years, it all balances out.

it seems that if they are requiring you to reserve 499 days out, then they should have to give you a real rate at that point. 

They don't know the exact rate that far out.