Hello All,

Will be doing a short 4 day stay in March, (at the Yacht Club unfortunately) my 15 year would like to do a boat rental from the Fort.

I see the price for the larger 6 person boats aren't much more than the Sea Raycer's. But he won't be able to pilot it cause the rules say 18 for the larger boats.

Are the maritime laws enforced more stringently than the land rules at the fort?  

He really doesn't want to do the larger because he can't operate it.

I would like to do it so my wife can ride along.

Has anybody rented the larger boats and is it worth the $90 an hour rental.

1 hour ago, shaffecv said:

Hello All,

Will be doing a short 4 day stay in March, (at the Yacht Club unfortunately) my 15 year would like to do a boat rental from the Fort.

I see the price for the larger 6 person boats aren't much more than the Sea Raycer's. But he won't be able to pilot it cause the rules say 18 for the larger boats.

Are the maritime laws enforced more stringently than the land rules at the fort?  

He really doesn't want to do the larger because he can't operate it.

I would like to do it so my wife can ride along.

Has anybody rented the larger boats and is it worth the $90 an hour rental.

We rented a pontoon boat, back in 2011, which is funny for those Fiends who know me...because I hate boats ?

Having said that, this boat was fine for me as it was very slow.  For my husband, it was too slow...but he still enjoyed puttering around on the water.

As for enforcement of the rules..who knows with Disney.  But, if the rule is 18, there's a reason for it.

Either way, have a great time!!?

1 hour ago, DaveInTN said:

I've never rented a boat at WDW, but judging by the number of Lake patrol boats out and about I'd guess enforcement is more stringent than at the Fort.   They always seem to be correcting guests who venture a bit too close to Discovery Island, River Country, etc.  

A few years back one of my boys got sent back to the Fort early by Lake Patrol for jumping the wakes of the boat from the Fort to MK with a Sea Raycer.

We still tell him his picture is on file at all the rental counters to keep him off the water. Lol

I would like to venture to the north end of Bay Lake to try to see what the Disney watercraft maintenance docks look like.

I've read that they can dry dock the large Ferry boats up there.