• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It was great meeting you and your daughter today.  I sat down at the table and thought, "That looks like TCD!".   I'll add a few more pictures here.  It seems as though in addition to reducing th

@djsamuel wasn't lying. I ran into him and his wife over at Roaring Fork this afternoon and he has photos to share.  But so do I . . .  Nothing looks too different as you walk toward the mar

The thing that bothers me is the people who drive in the wrong direction through the loops.

Hmmmmm.....is there a golf cart ban coming in favor of bikes or some other type of shuttle ? The golf carts & drivers (definitely not the Fiends) have gotten totally out of control - could this just be the first step in a major change? It certainly isn't a step forward for golf cart users otherwise they would have expanded golf cart parking.  If anything its an indicator of a thought process. Just wondering......

2 hours ago, Breezy2 said:

Hmmmmm.....is there a golf cart ban coming in favor of bikes or some other type of shuttle ? The golf carts & drivers (definitely not the Fiends) have gotten totally out of control - could this just be the first step in a major change? It certainly isn't a step forward for golf cart users otherwise they would have expanded golf cart parking.  If anything its an indicator of a thought process. Just wondering......

The word is they are going to expand GC parking up by Trails End and keep the "chaos" away from the Marina sidewalk.

45 minutes ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

The word is they are going to expand GC parking up by Trails End and keep the "chaos" away from the Marina sidewalk.

Would be nicer if they repaired and put back items that made the Fort unique instead of add I g more carts for jerks thinking they are racing at Daytona!

1 hour ago, Travisma said:

Would be nicer if they repaired and put back items that made the Fort unique instead of add I g more carts for jerks thinking they are racing at Daytona!

Thats funny most of the carts I see I could walk faster then them. The people on bikes are the ones that will run you off the road.

15 hours ago, Breezy2 said:

But they did expand the golf cart parking area at Pioneer Hall about three years ago, and as mentioned a few posts above, the Outpost golf cart parking area has recently been expanded. 

If you stop and think how much profit Disney must be making on golf cart rentals, there is no way they are going to cut back on that. Seriously, it costs way more to rent a Disney golf cart than it does to rent a car. 

TCD 

28 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

... Seriously, it costs way more to rent a Disney golf cart than it does to rent a car. 

We had to rent one for a couple of days in Nov. from the Car Care Center. 

2 day car rental $89 (and they come pick you up). 

1 day Disney Golf Cart Rental $74.

On a somewhat different note...is anyone else confused by the sidewalk added next to the path from the 4-way stop down to TE?  What I mean by this is, we always ride bikes at the Fort.  At first, we tried riding our bikes on the new sidewalk, but then we were caught up with guests who were walking/pushing strollers.  Now we use the golf cart path, which ticks off a few drivers...but, what else is a family to do?:huh:

4 hours ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

On a somewhat different note...is anyone else confused by the sidewalk added next to the path from the 4-way stop down to TE?  What I mean by this is, we always ride bikes at the Fort.  At first, we tried riding our bikes on the new sidewalk, but then we were caught up with guests who were walking/pushing strollers.  Now we use the golf cart path, which ticks off a few drivers...but, what else is a family to do?:huh:

Probably better to tick off a few golf carters than get into a wreck with a stroller.  Of course you wind up being the "stroller" if you get in a wreck with a cart. I know this isnt exactly a step out here, but the selfishness and rudeness of some folks on the golf carts was crazy last time we were there. I really hope they get it under control. 

14 hours ago, safedave said:

The thing that bothers me is the people who drive in the wrong direction through the loops.

Oh...we're guilty of that ?  Now, we are on bikes and I do this so we can see cars/carts/rvs coming our way (so we can move out of the way).  But, we are guilty ?

15 hours ago, WrigleysWagon said:

Probably better to tick off a few golf carters than get into a wreck with a stroller.  Of course you wind up being the "stroller" if you get in a wreck with a cart. I know this isnt exactly a step out here, but the selfishness and rudeness of some folks on the golf carts was crazy last time we were there. I really hope they get it under control. 

Agreed...and usually, were not that much slower than the carts (or how fast they "should be" driving on that path).

1 hour ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Oh...we're guilty of that ?  Now, we are on bikes and I do this so we can see cars/carts/rvs coming our way (so we can move out of the way).

Generally a good thing - especially since you can't hear most carts when they come up behind you. The problem we run into (almost literally sometimes) is younger kids riding bikes by themselves the wrong way round and not paying attention.  I can't count the number of times a kid came whipping around a curve and almost collided with us head on - and that was just this past trip.  One time we were poking around our loop in the cart and had to stop dead and shout "HEY!!" because the kid was coming right at us weaving back and forth and not even looking up. He finally stopped about 3' from the front of our cart.  :wacko:

3 hours ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Generally a good thing - especially since you can't hear most carts when they come up behind you. The problem we run into (almost literally sometimes) is younger kids riding bikes by themselves the wrong way round and not paying attention.  I can't count the number of times a kid came whipping around a curve and almost collided with us head on - and that was just this past trip.  One time we were poking around our loop in the cart and had to stop dead and shout "HEY!!" because the kid was coming right at us weaving back and forth and not even looking up. He finally stopped about 3' from the front of our cart.  :wacko:

We've had this same problem, while both walking and riding our bikes.  Almost been hit/ran into...several times.

3 hours ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Oh, so the incessant horn honkers are just trying to make the roads safer for walkers and bikers !:P

I guess we should stop and thank them for disturbing everyone in all of the surrounding loops, after all it's a safety issue.

Here I thought they were just being obnoxious jackwagons!

2 hours ago, Travisma said:

Oh, so the incessant horn honkers are just trying to make the roads safer for walkers and bikers !:P

I guess we should stop and thank them for disturbing everyone in all of the surrounding loops, after all it's a safety issue.

Here I thought they were just being obnoxious jackwagons!

Hah!  We've never had a cart with a horn so I forgot about those delightful individuals that mistake their golf carts for musical instruments.  :wacko:

On 2/21/2018 at 8:46 AM, Tri-Circle-D said:

But they did expand the golf cart parking area at Pioneer Hall about three years ago, and as mentioned a few posts above, the Outpost golf cart parking area has recently been expanded. 

If you stop and think how much profit Disney must be making on golf cart rentals, there is no way they are going to cut back on that. Seriously, it costs way more to rent a Disney golf cart than it does to rent a car. 

TCD 

Great to hear that the Outpost parking has been expanded!

On our last trip (4 weeks in the Fort) we rented a car for the entire trip.  Cost us around $900 for an SUV.  Renting a cart would have cost over twice that.  That's why we bring our cart and rent a car.