Be Our Guest - New Dinner Menu Summer 2018

From the Disney Parks Blog...

Roasted Lamb Chops at Be Our Guest Restaurant in Magic Kingdom Park

Enhanced Dining Experience Coming to Be Our Guest Restaurant

Alex Dunlap

by Alex Dunlap, Food & Beverage Content Relations Coordinator

Our culinary teams are always looking for new ways to bring exquisite and delicious cuisine to our guests, and they have done just that with a brand-new dining experience at Magic Kingdom Park! Starting this summer, Be Our Guest Restaurant will offer an enhanced prix fixe dinner menu that boasts a variety of delectable French-inspired dishes and new offerings. This unique experience will make you feel like royalty with a three-course dinner that includes your choice of appetizer and entrée, followed by a personal dessert platter.

Escargot at Be Our Guest Restaurant in Magic Kingdom Park

Charred Octopus at Be Our guest Restaurant in Magic Kingdom Park Assorted Meats and Artisanal Cheeses at Be Our Guest Restaurant in Magic Kingdom Park

To start off your meal, the appetizer menu will include favorites like the French Onion Soup in addition to rich new offerings like Charred Octopus with citrus-laced fingerling potatoes, pickled hearts of palm and red pepper coulis; Escargot with herb garlic butter and toasted gremolata; and a selection of assorted meats and artisanal cheeses such as chicken liver pâté, chorizo sausage Manchego, and truffle tremor.

Seafood Bouillabaisse at Be Our Guest Restaurant in Magic Kingdom Park

Filet Mignon at Be Our Guest Restaurant in Magic Kingdom Park Kurobuta Pork Tenderloins at Be Our Guest Restaurant in Magic Kingdom Park

For the main course, feast on mouth-watering entrées such as Grilled Center-Cut Filet Mignon with potato au gratin, Romano beans, Cipollini marmalade and a cherry-laced red wine reduction or the Smoked Black-Eye Pea Tortellini with roasted seasonal vegetables, tomato relish and basil-scented tomato water. Other enticing dishes include Poulet Rouge Chicken, Saffron-Infused Seafood Bouillabaisse, Roasted Lamb Chops and Kurobuta Pork Tenderloins.

And that’s just the beginning! Our chefs are hard at work putting the final touches on the fabulous desserts as well as the kid’s menu for this exquisite new dining experience. Stay tuned for updates on these menus.

Black-Eye Pea Tortellini at Be Our Guest Restaurant in Magic Kingdom Park

So, relax! Let us pull up a chair, as the dining room proudly presents this new dinner feast beginning July 27 at Be Our Guest Restaurant. Reservations will open this Friday, February 23rd, and can be booked online or by calling 407-WDW-DINE (407-939-3463).

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2018/02/enhanced-dining-experience-coming-to-be-our-guest-restaurant/?CMP=SOC-DPFY18Q1wo0215180221180011C

That charred octopus just reminds me that 20k Leagues is gone forever.  And in its place, we have the SMB Ariel ride, Ms White's Adventures with Men, and the Be Our Overpaying Guest restaurant that masquerades as a fancy bistro but is really just a theme park restaurant that pumps out mass produced overpriced meals to the ADR addicted Disney moms who want their little brats to get a photo op with the Beast.  Oh, and what the heck is a "truffle tremor", and why does every Disney restaurant feel the need to have a charcuterie board on their menu now?

3 hours ago, DaveInTN said:

That charred octopus just reminds me that 20k Leagues is gone forever. 

*hangs head in a moment of silence*

...why does every Disney restaurant feel the need to have a charcuterie board on their menu now?

Because they're trying to help me get into the Guiness Book of Records for the most charcuterie boards eaten at WDW by a single individual.

3 minutes ago, DaveInTN said:

How does that work?  If you use 2 credits on dinner, do you go hungry the next night?  Or the more obvious answer...pay out of pocket?

Basically with the dining plan you get a pool of credits at check in that you can use until midnight if the day you check out.  Once use up you pay out of pocket  

The way I use them is to figure out which meals are more expensive and use the credits on those. Breakfasts are cheaper than dinners for example so if doing a sit down breakfast I will pay out of pocket. 

2 hours ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

Basically with the dining plan you get a pool of credits at check in that you can use until midnight if the day you check out.  Once use up you pay out of pocket  

The way I use them is to figure out which meals are more expensive and use the credits on those. Breakfasts are cheaper than dinners for example so if doing a sit down breakfast I will pay out of pocket. 

So there are not Breakfast credits and Dinner credits?  If you have a plan with 2 sit down credits and 1 quick serve credit per day, you could use 2 credits for dinner, the quick serve credit for lunch, and pay out of pocket for breakfast?  I guess I assumed there was a difference between the different meals as far as credits are concerned.  

7 hours ago, DaveInTN said:

So there are not Breakfast credits and Dinner credits?  If you have a plan with 2 sit down credits and 1 quick serve credit per day, you could use 2 credits for dinner, the quick serve credit for lunch, and pay out of pocket for breakfast?  I guess I assumed there was a difference between the different meals as far as credits are concerned.  

The plan you describe doesn't exist. 

There is a Quick Service dining plan that has two counter service meals per guest per night if stay, 2 snacks per guest per night of stay, and 1 resort refillable mug per guest. 

There is the Disney Dining Plan which includes 1 table service per guest per night of stay, 1 counter service per guest per night of stay, 2 snacks per guest per night of stay, and 1 resort refillable mug per guest

and the Deluxe Dining Plan which includes 3 meals per guest per night of stay, 2 snacks per guest per night of stay, and 1 resort refillable mug per guest. This plan doesn't differentiate the credits. 

How and what time of day you spend the credits is at your discretion. 

Edited to add snack credits to Deluxe Dining Plan

You can use as many credits of any type in a day as you want to. Day you have a 6 night stay with the Disney Dining Plan. Each guest would get 6 table service credits, 6 counter service credits, 12 snacks, and 1 refillable mug. All of the credits for the room are given on day one and are not actually assigned to a person but to the room. 

Also important to note Quick service credits are not adult/child specific. Table service credits are. 

3 hours ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

The plan you describe doesn't exist. 

There is a Quick Service dining plan that has two counter service meals per guest per night if stay, 2 snacks per guest per night of stay, and 1 resort refillable mug per guest. 

There is the Disney Dining Plan which includes 1 table service per guest per night of stay, 1 counter service per guest per night of stay, 2 snacks per guest per night of stay, and 1 resort refillable mug per guest

and the Deluxe Dining Plan which includes 3 meals per guest per night of stay, and 1 resort refillable mug per guest. This plan doesn't differentiate the credits. 

How and what time of day you spend the credits is at your discretion. 

Do they still have the deluxe plan with wine?

4 hours ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

Do they still have the deluxe plan with wine?

Not at this time. Although a specialty alcoholic beverage can be substituted for a regular beverage now with the dining plans. 

They used to have 2 other dining plans with extra benefits included but they discontinued those a while back. 

17 hours ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

Not a confirmed number but I have $55 for adults and $35 for kids. 

Thanks. I thought it would be higher. That price is actually lower than what you'd pay out of pocket for an appetizer, entree and dessert on the current menu. 

I heard the reason for this change is that too many guests were showing up and only ordering appetizers or desserts. That's not good for business.

TCD 

4 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Thanks. I thought it would be higher. That price is actually lower than what you'd pay out of pocket for an appetizer, entree and dessert on the current menu. 

I heard the reason for this change is that too many guests were showing up and only ordering appetizers or desserts. That's not good for business.

TCD 

That would explain the rumored name change too....Be Our Guest (As Long As You're Willing To Spend A Minimum Amount).

9 hours ago, ImDownWithDisney said:

I'm out on this change. For that kind of $ I'll be at Artist Point or California Grill 

Unfortunately we probably are too. Cost aside, we don't normally each eat an app, entree and dessert for a meal.

For $55pp we can murder a fairly big platter of fabulous sushi at CG.  ;)

1 hour ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I haven't heard that rumor, but I guess they're trying to clearly communicate with the "We just want to split a cupcake" crowd. 

TCD 

That was my first thought when I heard this, that they're trying to push out the people that want to eat here for the experience (understandable), and then split a salad for dinner. Given how hard it still is to get an ADR here, I don't imagine they'll have trouble staying full even with the menu change.

I have never really liked BOG anyway. Been there twice each time it felt super rushed and food not worthy of the price unless the experience is factored in. My kids don't give a rip about seeing the Beast, and I surely don't care. So we are better off going elsewhere. I do see the appeal, though. If we were on a "once in a lifetime" type of trip like someone people take I would probably be clamoring for the ressy. But we are jaded AP holders.

18 minutes ago, ImDownWithDisney said:

...Been there twice each time it felt super rushed and food not worthy of the price unless the experience is factored in. ...I do see the appeal, though. If we were on a "once in a lifetime" type of trip like someone people take I would probably be clamoring for the ressy. But we are jaded AP holders.

X2