Be Our Guest - New Dinner Menu Summer 2018

34 minutes ago, ImDownWithDisney said:

I have never really liked BOG anyway. Been there twice each time it felt super rushed and food not worthy of the price unless the experience is factored in. My kids don't give a rip about seeing the Beast, and I surely don't care. So we are better off going elsewhere. I do see the appeal, though. If we were on a "once in a lifetime" type of trip like someone people take I would probably be clamoring for the ressy. But we are jaded AP holders.

We usually do walk ups at lunch.  First time was decent.  Went downhill from there.

Last time the portions were so much smaller and more expensive.

3 hours ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

For $55pp we can murder a fairly big platter of fabulous sushi at CG.  ;)

Or one could get 2 GAGs (16 pieces of chicken!) per person !

We ate lunch at BOG because I wanted to see inside and I enjoyed the meal (it was more than enough food). I'd do this for dinner if someone else was paying. 

Glad we did BOG in January, not sure about the new menu my wife definitely isn't keen. We had friends visiting from overseas over Christmas and New Years, and she is a huge Beauty and the Beast fan, so I got us an ADR for dinner there. I enjoyed it not sure I would have done it again for just the four of us anyway even without the menu change though.

I do think the personal dessert platter is a positive change, I was quite full and I'm not a huge dessert person and really should have gone for the lemon moose the waiter recommended if I had anything at all for dessert, but it was the first time there and you have to try the gray stuff don't you.

The other thing that didn't impress me was the kid's menu, out of the four children in our group my daughter ordered the children's steak, the rest had the mac and cheese and hardly touched it. My son at least ears a lot of mac and cheese so this says something.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

46 minutes ago, slices said:

Glad we did BOG in January, not sure about the new menu my wife definitely isn't keen. We had friends visiting from overseas over Christmas and New Years, and she is a huge Beauty and the Beast fan, so I got us an ADR for dinner there. I enjoyed it not sure I would have done it again for just the four of us anyway even without the menu change though.

I do think the personal dessert platter is a positive change, I was quite full and I'm not a huge dessert person and really should have gone for the lemon moose the waiter recommended if I had anything at all for dessert, but it was the first time there and you have to try the gray stuff don't you.

The other thing that didn't impress me was the kid's menu, out of the four children in our group my daughter ordered the children's steak, the rest had the mac and cheese and hardly touched it. My son at least ears a lot of mac and cheese so this says something.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

At lunch I usually would get the kids pork meal.  It was always filling, plus who needs a lot of food on a hot sweltering day?

Last time we went it was a lot smaller and pricier, I left hungry.

23 hours ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

Not a confirmed number but I have $55 for adults and $35 for kids. 

Although I really enjoy  The food there. I don’t think we will be going there for dinner anytime soon. For one thing the three of us usually split an appetizer than my DD and DW order off the kids menu.  If we do get dessert, which is rare, we will usually split something. I’m not a fan of fixed priced meals. Since it’s usually more food than we eat. I’m just glad They have not changed the lunch menu. 

When BOG first opened, it was fabulous, and actually pretty reasonable. My first visit there was around $100 for three people with 1 beer included. My second visit was just OK, and our third visit was no longer any good and a lot more expensive. Doubt I'll be back.