Had a friend that works for Verizon Cell here in Tampa message me about a new plan.

He said for now it's FL only.

Verizon is doing 2 lines unlimited for $80 a month.  Of course there are taxes and fees added on.

Looks like they are trying to combat T-Mobiles over 55 plan 2 lines unlimited for $60 a month, taxes and fees included.

So if you are a loyal Verizon customer and meet the criteria, it might be something to look into.

We switched to the T Mobile plan a few months ago and could be happier.  Saves me over $40 a month.

1 hour ago, disneylitch......Debbie said:

Our problem is that Verizon is the only carrier that we can get reception with at our house.

We actually get better reception on T Mobile at home. Same at work.  With Verizon i had to put my phone on airplane mode all day or else the battery would die searching for service. When I walked back into the parking lot my alerts sounded like a machine gun going off. :P 

I called Verizon to check into this plan last night. The funny part was the lady told me there was no such plan, I told her I thought it was only Florida and she looked again and said sure enough it was. 

Unfortunately since we have 3 phones on our bill we aren't eligible for it even though one phone is an flip phone. The only other requirements were paperless billing and auto pay. 

10 hours ago, Cortezcapt (Derek) said:

I called Verizon to check into this plan last night. The funny part was the lady told me there was no such plan, I told her I thought it was only Florida and she looked again and said sure enough it was. 

Unfortunately since we have 3 phones on our bill we aren't eligible for it even though one phone is an flip phone. The only other requirements were paperless billing and auto pay. 

That's the same stipulations for T-Mobile, but you can opt out of auto pay for an extra $5.

Would it be worth your time and would you save anything if you split your accounts?

Put 2 on the 55 plan and the flip by itself?  Or put the flip on one of the smaller companies?

I know one of the plans offered at Wal-Mart uses the Verizon network, so you can keep your phone.

• 2 weeks later...