Disney Parks Blog Readers Become Warriors At Disney’s ‘Wrinkle In Time’ Meet-Up

14 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I did see it posted last week. I think I saw it five minutes after it was posted, and it was already full. I'm not mad- it doesn't look that interesting to me. 

TCD 

Reviews have been so so.

I won't drive that far for a movie.

Did you see on the Oscars where they went across the street to a screening of A Wrinkle in Time and surprised the viewers?

Hmmm, what a set up, a show on a Disney owned network walked across the street to a theater showing a sneak peek of a Disney movie, more than likely sponsored by some sort of Disney contest/promotion.

6 minutes ago, Travisma said:

Reviews have been so so.

I won't drive that far for a movie.

Did you see on the Oscars where they went across the street to a screening of A Wrinkle in Time and surprised the viewers?

Hmmm, what a set up, a show on a Disney owned network walked across the street to a theater showing a sneak peek of a Disney movie, more than likely sponsored by some sort of Disney contest/promotion.

No- I am happy to say I didn't see any of the Oscars show. 

That preview move sounds like a classic Disney move. Just like the singing alien band from Guardians of the Galaxy that they're getting ready to inflict on Epcot guests. 

TCD 

This is one of my favorite children's books.  I have recommended it to as many kids as possible.  Will be extremely disappointed if they don't treat the text with respect.  

On 3/9/2018 at 6:38 AM, kadancer said:

This is one of my favorite children's books.  I have recommended it to as many kids as possible.  Will be extremely disappointed if they don't treat the text with respect.  

One of my friends saw it; she was incredibly disappointed.  They managed to leave God (bible verses or any mention of) out of the entire film, she explained.

On 3/9/2018 at 6:38 AM, kadancer said:

I’ve never read it but I think I’ll check it out from the library.  I’ve heard a lot of people say great things of the book.

On 3/11/2018 at 1:33 PM, twiceblessed....nacole said:

One of my friends saw it; she was incredibly disappointed.  They managed to leave God (bible verses or any mention of) out of the entire film, she explained.

So sad that faith has become such a taboo....

The movie got beat badly by Black Panther.

The "experts" all have their theories.

Didn't follow the book close enough

Left out religion

Cast a biracial girl for the lead

Didn't include biracial issues

People thought it was going to be preachy/religious so they didn't go

Poor reviews from test audiences/B rating from a movie site

Oprah is in it

I also think it's a difficult story to adapt to the screen.  And I have to say that I have no problem with Oprah, but she is one of those people who I have a hard time seeing as a character rather than herself playing a character.  Some actors can be absorbed into their roles and some you always see the actor in the role and it's distracting. I don't know if this is result of talent/lack of talent or what.   But that was my thought when I saw her in the previews.