First Look At Disney's Next Ships

Look's cool. However, every time I read a Disney News Blog article, I just want to pull out my editing pen!! (Passive voice, negative tone) SHOULD BE active voice, positive tone, present tense!!

Here is how it SHOULD read.

Our fleet has the most beautiful ships at sea, and the three newest vessels setting sail in 2021, 2022 and 2023 are exceptional. This first, early rendering depicts the magnificent exterior of the next Disney ships, which  elevates family cruise vacations to a whole new level. Disney Chairman and CEO Bob Iger revealed  the rendering today at The Walt Disney Company’s annual shareholders meeting.

In keeping with the distinct Disney Cruise Line style, the new ships  embody the elegance and romance of the golden age of ocean cruising with unique touches all their own. The three new vessels  offer more innovation, new technologies, spectacular entertainment, and more Disney stories and characters than ever before. Ingenuity and innovation from stem to stern amazes and delights Disney Cruise Line guests of all ages.

We  bring Disney’s iconic stories and franchises on our new ships to life in thrilling and surprising ways, building on the creativity we’ve introduced across our existing fleet. During the past several years we have added innovations such as Marvel and Star Wars themed spaces in our kids’ clubs…dazzling stage shows like “Beauty and the Beast”, unrivaled in their originality and visual presentation…and an entirely new genre of dining experience combining live entertainment, storytelling and interactive moments at our Tiana’s Place and Rapunzel’s Royal Table restaurants.

Each new ship is approximately 140,000 gross tons – slightly larger than the Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy – and each is currently planned to include about 1,250 guest staterooms. Design plans, ship names, and itineraries are still in development, and we are already dreaming up exciting new ways to create the world’s most magical oceangoing adventures.

Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) that is one of the cleanest-burning fuels available, powers these new vessels .

You might say Disney Cruise Line is on the threshold of reimagining the cruise industry once again, just like we did in 1998 with our very first ship. I am excited about the expansion of our fleet, and I know our guests will be, too.

As we continue to unveil more details about our new ships, Disney Parks Blog readers can expect to be some of the first to know. Keep following along for more exciting updates!