A heavily rumored Mary Poppins attraction is starting to look more real at Epcot

https://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs/archives/2018/03/12/a-heavily-rumored-mary-poppins-attraction-is-starting-to-look-more-real-at-epcot

Take it with a grain of salt...

The most notable promotion during the recent shake-up is Jim MacPhee. Previously the Senior Vice President of Parks, MacPhee is now the Sr. VP of Operations, where he’ll oversee all operations including Food and Beverage, Transportation and Parks, Live Entertainment, and Disney Springs. 

According to insiders familiar with the discussions, certain projects like the Coco update to the boat ride in the Mexico pavilion are being slowed down for more in-depth review, while other projects have gained new cheerleaders for them. Just across the lagoon from Mexico, we found a project where this is likely the case. 

Mary Poppins has been rumored for the United Kingdom pavilion for years now, but more recently this small addition, that would’ve included a carousel and a recreation of Cherry Tree Lane, was believed dead. This concept was replaced with a Brave-themed dark ride. The Brave ride wasn’t the first dark ride proposed for the land, but unlike the earlier Loch Ness Monster-themed ride, it was one of the first to feature Disney intellectual property. 

But now, with early reviews of the still under development Mary Poppins Returns showing promise for the franchise, Disney looks to be wanting to cash in on this iconic franchise in new ways.

Last year, insiders known for their accurate leaks regarding upcoming projects began indicating that the Brave dark ride was moving forward. Numerous respected users on the WDWMagic forums including marni1971 and WDW1974, both known for their inside knowledge of upcoming WDW projects, indicated that the Brave ride was indeed happening. Then Marni1971 announced in December that the project was “in flux” with Brave possibly getting the boot for a different intellectual property. 

In early February, the YouTube channel Mickey Views announced an Imagineer’s private Instagram account that they had been following was now confirming Poppins was headed to the pavilion. Roughly four weeks later, Marni1971 mentioned the project now in the works for the pavilion would open by the end of 2020. Then, late last week another insider on the message boards confirmed a Mary Poppins dark ride was coming and should break ground by the end of this year. 

There’s no indication on when Disney plans to announce the United Kingdom project, but with the tight timeline on the project it should happen within the next year, possibly as part of a WDW media blitz in May where other new additions may be announced, including a possible new nighttime show, or as part of the marketing around the new film this winter. 

As some of you know my DD(13) has been acting since she was 4 and she is in an upcoming production of Mary Poppins. She would love a Mary Poppins ride. 

Btw tickets for the show are still available for the following dates. 

April 14, 15, 21, and 22. 

And yes dave you can get the discounted senior citizen tickets now.   ? 

The Disney rumor mill is a funny thing. My daughters hear all kinds of things from CM's supposedly in the know, who first swear them to secrecy. A lot of these "secrets" often appear in the blogs at or about the time my daughters hear them. A lot of times it seems that the tail is wagging the dog. 

This Mary Poppins attraction rumor is snowballing out of control. If anything big was coming to the U.K. Pavilion, it would have been announced at the last D23 Expo. It was not. What I've heard is that they're discussing a small, generic ride they can buy off the shelf and slap a Mary Poppins theme on it. Quick and cheap. Like maybe some kind of tea cup ride. Nothing more. 

TCD 

54 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

The Disney rumor mill is a funny thing. My daughters hear all kinds of things from CM's supposedly in the know, who first swear them to secrecy. A lot of these "secrets" often appear in the blogs at or about the time my daughters hear them. A lot of times it seems that the tail is wagging the dog. 

This Mary Poppins attraction rumor is snowballing out of control. If anything big was coming to the U.K. Pavilion, it would have been announced at the last D23 Expo. It was not. What I've heard is that they're discussing a small, generic ride they can buy off the shelf and slap a Mary Poppins theme on it. Quick and cheap. Like maybe some kind of tea cup ride. Nothing more. 

TCD 

Boo

1 hour ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

TCD 

Yeah, it may all be a bunch of crap, but it's fun to see what crazy ideas people "hear" about, claim they are set in stone, and pass along.

I mean, lets build a land based on a 7 year old film about blue people that the majority of the population never saw, and the ones that did weren't crazy about.

What they should be doing with EPCOT is sticking to the original ideas that set it apart from any other theme park.

They need more rides like Horizons, and less amusement park rides that will end up making EPCOT just another generic theme park gate...