WBI went on a cruise and all you get is a video report!

Well technically eight videos...

That's right, I'm not going to write up a traditional trip report, but I have been creating some videos from each day of our December Disney Cruise so I thought I'd share them here in case ya'll want to check it out.

The details:

We went on a Disney Very Merrytime Christmas Cruise out of Galveston in mid December on the Disney Wonder.

This was our second Disney Cruise, our first was on the Fantasy in 2015.

Galveston Port was super easy, parking was slightly offsite but not too bad.

The drive was great for me! :rolleyes: Only 3 hours and we got to stop at Buc-ee's both directions.

I won't make you wait for the end but we loved this cruise!

The weather wasn't great on our first day, and the water in the Caribbean was a little cool but I'd do it again in a heart beat.  

Ok let me see if I can post the youtube link.

WBI

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well technically eight videos... That's right, I'm not going to write up a traditional trip report, but I have been creating some videos from each day of our December Disney Cruise so I thought I

Hey it worked that time! WBI

Thank you! I did book one, but it's just a placeholder, not an actual cruise. We don't have one scheduled yet. WBI

Day 3

Second day at Sea

We did more relaxing today I think.

We had the Disney Junior Breakfast

Obstacle course for W in the Oceaneer's Club

Cartwheels in the atrium

man time on the balcony

pool

Santa's Winter Wonderland

Dancing with Mickey

Drinks in the Crown & Fin

Room service with Captain America.

WBI

I've watched the first 2 videos, but before I continue I have to comment on a couple of things.  First, how in the world is W walking around a ship and chatting it up like that?  I thought he was a baby.  Growing up WAY too fast.  And your daughter is beautiful!  And second, I really like the Wonder.  I'd love to cruise on it again.  Anyways, great videos!  

15 minutes ago, DaveInTN said:

I've watched the first 2 videos, but before I continue I have to comment on a couple of things.  First, how in the world is W walking around a ship and chatting it up like that?  I thought he was a baby.  Growing up WAY too fast.  And your daughter is beautiful!  And second, I really like the Wonder.  I'd love to cruise on it again.  Anyways, great videos!  

I know right!  You know all to well how fast it goes!  I feel like it was just the other day that he couldn't talk!

Thank you I think so to but I'm a little partial to her!

We loved the Wonder also, there were a couple spaces that felt smaller compared to the Fantasy but all in all it was great!  From the sounds of the Magic refurb I think its going to be pretty awesome too!  I want to try it next.

WBI

14 minutes ago, DaveInTN said:

Ok, I've started the 3rd video, and now I have to ask....how often and on what itineraries do they do the Disney Jr breakfast??  Anna would totally flip if she met Sophia.  I didn't know they did that.  

Thanks Dave!  I'm using a different free software and it's pretty easy but also doesn't allow a lot of customization, but oh well at least I'm finally getting them done.

I didn't know about the Disney Jr Breakfast either until we booked this cruise.  I'm pretty sure it wasn't it an option on my last cruise.

From the Disney Cruise website it says they offer them on cruises with 7 nights and at least two sea days.  

• The Disney Junior Character Breakfast is presented on 7-plus night cruises departing from U.S. domestic ports with a minimum of 2 days at sea. While appearances may vary per cruise, Jake, Sophia and Doc McStuffins are typically the featured Characters.

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/onboard-activities/character-greetings/

WBI

Okay...I was thinking the same as Dave, about your little man.  He's grown so much!  And your baby, mercy!  Didn't you just announce that your wife was pregnant?   She too is growing so fast.  Ugh...that's the tough part of parenting, no one really warns you, about:  just how fast they're going to grow (or maybe we just don't listen).  They're both beautiful.

Love how you took formal night seriously.  Anymore, it seems like formal means "the nice jeans" for so many people.  You guys looked lovely.

14 hours ago, WannaBeImagineer said:

Well technically eight videos...

That's right, I'm not going to write up a traditional trip report, but I have been creating some videos from each day of our December Disney Cruise so I thought I'd share them here in case ya'll want to check it out.

The details:

We went on a Disney Very Merrytime Christmas Cruise out of Galveston in mid December on the Disney Wonder.

This was our second Disney Cruise, our first was on the Fantasy in 2015.

Galveston Port was super easy, parking was slightly offsite but not too bad.

The drive was great for me! :rolleyes: Only 3 hours and we got to stop at Buc-ee's both directions.

I won't make you wait for the end but we loved this cruise!

The weather wasn't great on our first day, and the water in the Caribbean was a little cool but I'd do it again in a heart beat.  

Ok let me see if I can post the youtube link.

WBI

You had me at Buc-ee's!

Image result for buc-ee's shirts

I have only watched the first video. So much awesomeness! Nice job planning in the stop at Buc-ee's. What really caught my eye was the List of Fun. I had to pause the video to read it. That's quite a list!  I will be looking to see how much you got done. 

Oh, and these videos are very timely. It just so happens that the TCD gang is fixing to sail again on the Wonder later this very month!

TCD 

3 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I have only watched the first video. So much awesomeness! Nice job planning in the stop at Buc-ee's. What really caught my eye was the List of Fun. I had to pause the video to read it. That's quite a list!  I will be looking to see how much you got done. 

Oh, and these videos are very timely. It just so happens that the TCD gang is fixing to sail again on the Wonder later this very month!

TCD 

Thanks TCD!

We never miss a Buc-ee's!

This was our second cruise with a List of Fun, we did pretty good but did miss out on a few things.  Thanks for the idea of it by the way!  We actually print the LOF and put it on the back of the door so we can mark things off as we do them, but I just realized I didn't take a picture of the LOF at the end of the trip, I'll have to go find it.

Great news about the cruise!  I really liked the Wonder but with the warm weather you might miss the Aqua Duck, then again the Twist and Spout is fun.

Hope you have a great cruise!

WBI

17 hours ago, slices said:

Thanks for posting this. Not sure if I'm brave enough to show the videos to my kids they keep asking to go on a cruise. How does the Disney Jr breakfast compare to the one at Hollywood and Vine?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I say go for the cruse (but look for a discounted one)!

I've never done the one at Hollywood and Vine but it was a pretty typical character breakfast.  You order off a menu, and the characters come out and work their way from table to table.  We did seem to have plenty of time with each character but we didn't stand up and pose or anything, it was pretty relaxed.

15 hours ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Okay...I was thinking the same as Dave, about your little man.  He's grown so much!  And your baby, mercy!  Didn't you just announce that your wife was pregnant?   She too is growing so fast.  Ugh...that's the tough part of parenting, no one really warns you, about:  just how fast they're going to grow (or maybe we just don't listen).  They're both beautiful.

Love how you took formal night seriously.  Anymore, it seems like formal means "the nice jeans" for so many people.  You guys looked lovely.

I know it's going way too fast!  People always say it but I think you said it we didn't listen, (or believe). 

Thank you! We both like formal night and since packing wasn't an issue we brought the tuxedos!  We don't have to dress up often at home so we like to do it on cruises.  Now if I had to fly to the cruise and check a bag I might not bring a tux.

15 hours ago, caveat lector said:

Holy cow! I've only watched the first one and am amazed at your mad post production skills. Thanks for sharing.

Coats on sail away day is crazy.

Your sons close inspection of broccoli......priceless 

haha thanks but I don't think I have much skill with this stuff.  I used to use Windows Movie Maker and was pretty good at it but Windows dropped it so I've struggled for a while and just discovered a new Windows Photo movie maker, it's limited but good enough for me.

Yes it was cool that day, I didn't want to believe it and wore a short sleeve shirt but I had to break down and wear a jacket.

lol he did better than me I won't broccoli anywhere close to my mouth!

WBI

3 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

TCD 

I cannot overstate this:  

Crown and Fin.  Wings.  Unlimited.  Every evening.  

With a giant bowl of bleu cheese.  

If I get a report after your cruise that you didn't partake in this delight every night, I'll be disappointed in you.  

4 minutes ago, DaveInTN said:

I cannot overstate this:  

If I get a report after your cruise that you didn't partake in this delight every night, I'll be disappointed in you.  

I fully agree with this!

I partook in those wings every day at some point.  I have to say though my first taste I didn't think they were great, but by the fourth try I was hooked, lol.

They also serve them at certain times in the Promenade Lounge.

W and I even made late night trips there, he had to wait at the door but he would talk with a CM while I fixed us some plates.

Maybe this contributed to why I gained 10.7lbs while onboard.  B)

WBI

1 hour ago, DaveInTN said:

I cannot overstate this:  

Thank you for that tip!  I need to go back and re-read that part of your TR. I remember that you liked those chicken wings, but I didn't remember the details about when and where to get them. The Crown and Fin was something else the last time I was on the Wonder. 

Any other Wonder-specific tips would be appreciated.  We have cruised the Wonder three times, but the last time was in 2009!

TCD

2 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Thank you for that tip!  I need to go back and re-read that part of your TR. I remember that you liked those chicken wings, but I didn't remember the details about when and where to get them. The Crown and Fin was something else the last time I was on the Wonder. 

Any other Wonder-specific tips would be appreciated.  We have cruised the Wonder three times, but the last time was in 2009!

TCD

I can think of one tip right now and that was the Cove Cafe, I think it's always been there but was made smaller with the recent refurb?  Either way we found it one night and enjoyed espresso type adult beverages there.  CP got the espresso martini and the bartender made me a custom espresso/bailey/latte thing that was awesome. There was never more than 4 or 5 ppl in there at night which was awesome!  We went every night that W went to the Oceaneers club.

Oh if you are at the back of the ship the secret staircase to Cabana's is still there.  We always got some funny looks when we popped up on that one.

I have a general tip for all ships.  Lots of people think that running the 5k on Castaway Cay gets you off the ship first but in my limited experience (two cruises) that has not been the case.  By not running the 5K we got off before the runners both times.  On this last cruise we were way ahead of the runners and they let opened up the the rear exit first.  I also so some moms who signed up for the 5k come running to save beach chairs and they never ran the 5k.  Which was silly considering half the island was empty and there was plenty of beach front space.

WBI

WBI- I watched the day two video. How did a Louisiana boy like Tiana's Place. Did any food item stand out?  

TCD 

That's a good question.  I can honestly say nothing stood out. lol

My boudin loving 4 year old would not even try the boudin balls, I tried them but something wasn't right.  

I honestly don't remember anything special looking at the menu I think we tried all the appetizers and they were all fine except the "Boudin Fritters"

Entree's I honestly can't remember what I had, maybe the Sea Bass?  I know at some point in the cruise I learned to trust my server and got his suggestions but obliviously nothing made much of an impression on me.  Sorry.

WBI

TCD

I thought of another Wonder-tip.

The pizza at Pinocchio's pizzeria had two types of pizza regular and thin cruise.  The regular is identical to Cabanas, and I didn't care for it at all.  BUT the thin crust was great!  I had sausage thin crust pizza every time I passed that place without an ice cream cone or chicken wing in my hang!  Sometimes I would bring a plate of it back to the room or eat it on my way to get wings...lol

Ice Cream tip...CP loved to go get a empty cup from the soda station, fresh cookies from Daisy's De-Lites, and then top them off in the cup with soft serve at Eye Scream!

Did I mention we like food!

WBI