What the HE double hockey sticks are they thinking!!!!!

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The reaction online every time Disney increases costs or implements new fees is predictable.  Outrage, and proclamations of "I'm done!  I'm spending my vacation dollars elsewhere!".  I've done it myse

OK, I just figured out how to pay much "less" for your parking if you are driving into Disney, and it will work for any resort. PLUS, it will give you the pleasure of costing Disney money, instead of

I remember when value season at resorts used to be almost all year other than summer, Easter and Christmas. When the dern rate schedules started having 20 categories and only about 6 weeks of values r

22 hours ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Don't even get me started.... 3 families (with usually 3-5 people per family) in one site.

One of my biggest pet peeves is this :angry:

Same here. Drives me crazy when I see that. The people who abuse the 10 people / 2 cars per site rules encourage others to do the same thing, especially when Disney does nothing to correct the (usually very blatant) issues.

It will be interesting to see how the Fort implements this new one car per site rule. Will you still be able to park a second vehicle at the site if you pay extra? How many spots can you pay for in overflow?  What about using overflow on check-in or check-out day? Will we have to pay for parking while waiting for a site, or pay when at the park after check-out on your last day? 

If they stick to their usual pattern there will be strongly worded notes left on windshields and the good people will go down and pay for the extra parking but the abusers will just ignore it and Disney will do nothing to them.....   :(

After just getting home yesterday from WDW I will say I still love the Fort is it over priced, probably but it's a great place. Now for the parks with how crowded they have become they are not really that enjoyable anymore. I mean who in there right mind waits over 2 hours for the Jungle Cruise. After you use your 3 fast passes that's pretty much it for riding stuff. Other than EMH but even that only being 2 hours at  night is not great. We still have one more trip planned due to having AP`s. But after that I think we may be done with WDW until they can get there crowds under control. As far as the parking fee I don't see it really  affecting me, but I am tired of seeing the rates increase with little improvement to things. And the parking fee just feels like greed to me, making me less likely to book future trips.

23 hours ago, WrigleysWagon said:

I really hope they don't mess with the overflow lot.  We (like a lot of people I would assume) park in overflow if our site isn't ready yet.  We also park there when we check out and still enjoy our last day at Disney doing stuff.  This is a predictable but dissapointing move by Disney. 

I don't imagine they'll charge folks who are waiting for their site (they'll probably give out some sort of temp pass)... now as for leaving your vehicle/rig there after you check out, that might happen.

25 minutes ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

I don't imagine they'll charge folks who are waiting for their site (they'll probably give out some sort of temp pass)... now as for leaving your vehicle/rig there after you check out, that might happen.

Considering your resort accessibility does not expire until midnight it probably won’t affect if you leave you camper/rig in overflow while you go to a park. If it does just bring the camper to the park. Still get free theme park parking as a resort guest till midnight of check out day. 

39 minutes ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

It may very well cover any vehicle over 1 though.

5 hours ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

Considering your resort accessibility does not expire until midnight it probably won’t affect if you leave you camper/rig in overflow while you go to a park. If it does just bring the camper to the park. Still get free theme park parking as a resort guest till midnight of check out day. 

Good point. But what a hassle if it cones to that. Disney sure is doing their best to run people off.  Of course this won't do much to stop the people they want coming. But eventually they will do something to really tick off their base.  Kind of hope they don't  push it to the breaking point, then take a half step back and call it a day.  Oh well. Our trip in June has been booked for a while, so we'll just enjoy and play the rest by ear!

6 hours ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

Didn't know that part about resort accessibility until midnight..very interesting.

30 minutes ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Didn't know that part about resort accessibility until midnight..very interesting.

We have added a one night at a deluxe and planned out flights out just to have almost the whole day enjoying the facilities. Our over night at the Beach club was great. We checked in at 9 am moving from another hotel, room wasnt ready but we just stored our luggage. Spent the day at the pool, then Galactic Nights, then all the next day at the pool and caught Magic Express at 6pm. It was a great way to spend the day. 

8 hours ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

We have added a one night at a deluxe and planned out flights out just to have almost the whole day enjoying the facilities. Our over night at the Beach club was great. We checked in at 9 am moving from another hotel, room wasnt ready but we just stored our luggage. Spent the day at the pool, then Galactic Nights, then all the next day at the pool and caught Magic Express at 6pm. It was a great way to spend the day. 

Very cool ^_^

I asked about this yesterday and apologies if this has been covered already, but my understanding is that campers get one free pass under this new policy. To hedge my bets I went ahead and made a reservation yesterday for March 2019 in case we have others come with us since it only applies to new reservations after the 21st.

Anywho, I am of two minds about this... on the one had I agree it sucks royally. On the other hand, I wonder if it will help open up reservations which are getting difficult. I know we have been several times to be told that the campground is all full up only to see several vacant sites the whole time we're there, and we know it is a common practice for some unscrupulous people to stay off site and get a burner campsite reservation for the free multi-car parking, magic bands, and extra magic hours. Maybe on the plus side this will cut down on some of that.

15 hours ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

We didn't either until this last trip... the front desk told me the same thing so we hung around and went swimming for a couple hours after check out.

21 hours ago, geoffdaddy said:

I asked about this yesterday and apologies if this has been covered already, but my understanding is that campers get one free pass under this new policy. To hedge my bets I went ahead and made a reservation yesterday for March 2019 in case we have others come with us since it only applies to new reservations after the 21st.

Anywho, I am of two minds about this... on the one had I agree it sucks royally. On the other hand, I wonder if it will help open up reservations which are getting difficult. I know we have been several times to be told that the campground is all full up only to see several vacant sites the whole time we're there, and we know it is a common practice for some unscrupulous people to stay off site and get a burner campsite reservation for the free multi-car parking, magic bands, and extra magic hours. Maybe on the plus side this will cut down on some of that.

I am also of two minds. I hate the trend towards fees fees and more fees for things that used to be free, but I am hoping that this new policy will mean that every site will now only have one car and the crazy parking in the loops will come to an end.

I am not sure this will help with the "Phantom Site" problem though. If I am reading this correctly the new parking fees will only apply to resort parking and not parking at the parks. If that's the case then it doesn't affect the Phantom campers since they will still get all the same bennies that makes getting a phantom site attractive in the first place.

What the new policy might actually help with is the Large Group problem, where a huge group or extended family take over several sites with too many people, too many cars etc. and make everyone else in the loop miserable.  Maybe this additional cost for them might drive them to the Group sites where they should be in the first place.

8 minutes ago, Avatab.... Steve said:

What the new policy might actually help with is the Large Group problem, where a huge group or extended family take over several sites with too many people, too many cars etc. and make everyone else in the loop miserable.  Maybe this additional cost for them might drive them to the Group sites where they should be in the first place.

You are assuming that Fort management is actually going to enforce this new rule.  My prediction is that nothing will change at the campsites.  They say there is space for one car per campsite...in fact, re-read the language we've seen:

Complimentary standard parking is available to Guests staying at Campsites at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort. Each campsite provides parking space for one (1) motorized vehicle

How is this any different from what is already in place?  This tells me that they will not charge for parking for campsite guests.  They reserve the right to charge if you have more than one vehicle, and perhaps they will try to do this, at first.  But then they will have to police every site.  They'll have to leave notes on cars where there is more than one per campsite.  Ok...so what exactly has changed here from the way it has been for many years?  Other than the possibility of more revenue, but Disney likes revenue that is easy and non-confrontational to obtain.  In this case, they'll have to continually piss off guests by telling them they will need to pay for that extra car or 2 on the site.  Fort management has shown zero inclination over the years of wanting to enforce rules that tick off guests.  So I predict nothing will change, no one will be charged, and the huge groups that take over on weekends and holidays will continue to do so.  

55 minutes ago, DaveInTN said:

You are assuming that Fort management is actually going to enforce this new rule.  My prediction is that nothing will change at the campsites.  They say there is space for one car per campsite...in fact, re-read the language we've seen:

Complimentary standard parking is available to Guests staying at Campsites at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort. Each campsite provides parking space for one (1) motorized vehicle

How is this any different from what is already in place?  This tells me that they will not charge for parking for campsite guests.  They reserve the right to charge if you have more than one vehicle, and perhaps they will try to do this, at first.  But then they will have to police every site.  They'll have to leave notes on cars where there is more than one per campsite.  Ok...so what exactly has changed here from the way it has been for many years?  Other than the possibility of more revenue, but Disney likes revenue that is easy and non-confrontational to obtain.  In this case, they'll have to continually piss off guests by telling them they will need to pay for that extra car or 2 on the site.  Fort management has shown zero inclination over the years of wanting to enforce rules that tick off guests.  So I predict nothing will change, no one will be charged, and the huge groups that take over on weekends and holidays will continue to do so.  

Sigh... ^this^

Probably right.

1 hour ago, DaveInTN said:

Well if they were smart, they would patrol thru the sites, and any one that had more than 1 vehicle, they would just add it to their portfolio and they would be charged for it automatically.

Why warn people more than once?  Tell them at check in of the policy (have them sign a "contract") and that they will be billed if more than 1 vehicle is found at their site.

11 minutes ago, Travisma said:

Well if they were smart, they would patrol thru the sites, and any one that had more than 1 vehicle, they would just add it to their portfolio and they would be charged for it automatically.

Why warn people more than once?  Tell them at check in of the policy (have them sign a "contract") and that they will be billed if more than 1 vehicle is found at their site.

As DIT said, management doesn't want to chase off the big groups. They like the big groups. They don't care who rents a site, just as long as it's rented. These big groups have figured out how to make the Fort affordable, so they're more consistent customers than the small families who come less often because of the high prices. 

TCD 

5 hours ago, Avatab.... Steve said:

I am not sure this will help with the "Phantom Site" problem though.

Doubt it.  Seems they would actually prefer you pay for a site, but not stay there. I'm sure they'd probably be just fine with you mailing a check and staying home too!  Pay, but don't use as many services and amenities is a great deal for Disney.

7 hours ago, DaveInTN said:

Well they for the first time ever they made me pay for our dog. Which really annoyed me because our dog just stays in our camper or rides on our cart it doesn't touch Disney property.

They said they had to make us pay now because it's $50.00 a day in the cabins. I just said OK and paid  the fee. But what I wanted to say was I don't care what it cost in the cabins I am staying in my own property and if I am paying you does that mean you will fix my camper if my dog breaks it. (Although my dog has never chewed on anything other then her toy or toilet paper.) But I know the cast member was just doing her job and she was nice so I went on to my site set up the camper and had a beer. 

9 hours ago, DaveInTN said:

You are assuming that Fort management is actually going to enforce this new rule.  My prediction is that nothing will change at the campsites......  

....Disney likes revenue that is easy and non-confrontational to obtain.  In this case, they'll have to continually piss off guests by telling them they will need to pay for that extra car or 2 on the site.  Fort management has shown zero inclination over the years of wanting to enforce rules that tick off guests.  So I predict nothing will change, no one will be charged, and the huge groups that take over on weekends and holidays will continue to do so.  

Unfortunately you are correct.  I mentioned a page or two above that what will probably happen is that the Good people (like Lone-Star above) will follow the rules and dutifully pay any additional fees they are told they owe, while the Abusers will (as usual) thumb their nose at any rules they don't want to follow. 

Is it any wonder that the number of rule breakers seem to grow each year?  :(