Snowbirding recommendations in central Florida

We are Fort Wilderness vets and have been extending our stays over the last few years.   This coming  winter season we will be staying in FW for a month and are looking to spend additional months in a campground in central Florida that is not too far from Orlando but is less expensive than FW, ouch!  We have a 43 foot motorhome,  we are over 55 years old and would love to get some recommendations from others.  We have pets so a pet park is a must for us, paved sites and roadways, and proximity to shopping, dining etc.   I have been searching all the websites out there and feel a bit overwhelmed at this point.  I certainly would appreciate any advice I can get for the hubby and I.  Thank you in advance for your responses.

• 3 weeks later...

With our Thousand Trails membership + Trails Collection add-on, we did winter very cheaply this year.

Dec 17-31, Royal Coachman in Nokomis, FL

Dec 31-Jan 15, Breezy Hill in Pompano Beach, FL (we split our stay between free and paid nights to be near friends- wouldn’t recommend this park)

Jan 15-20, Pioneer Village in North Fort Myers, FL

Jan 20-Feb 3, Lake Magic, Clermont, FL (super easy to get onto Disney property)

Feb 3-17, Thousand Trails Orlando, Clermont, FL (just 3-4 miles up 27 from 192 & still convenient to Disney)

Feb 17-20, Winter Garden RV Resort

Feb 20-27, Bill Frederick Park at Turkey Lake, Orlando, FL (not incredibly convenient to Disney but fantastic for Universal)

Feb 27-Mar 13, Tropical Palms in Kissimmee, FL (convenient to Disney)

Mar 13-20, Thousand Trails Orlando, Clermont, FL

Mar 20-Apr 3, Lake Magic , Clermont, FL

Total cost: right about $1,000 but that was only because we paid to be near friends in southeast Florida ($850) and wanted to try Bill Frederick Park ($150). We could have filled those parks in with others.

And now, TT did change the rules on the Trails Collection parks that I won’t get away with going from one TC park to another like I did before. But, it’s definitely manageable.

If you aren’t adverse to moving and want to explore a little, this is great. I was NOT enthusiastic about some of the
That said, I have friends who have a TT membership and a deed at Fawn Ridge and move every 2 weeks between the 2. They spend about $1,000/year on maintenance/annual fees but winter from Nov-Mar on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk