For you Maryland area Fiends

https://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs/archives/2018/03/23/floridas-first-boardwalk-fries-is-coming-to-orlando

Florida's first Boardwalk Fries is coming to Orlando

Maryland-based Boardwalk Fries Burgers Shakes will open their first ever Florida outpost here in Orlando. 

The new location will be at 8496 Palm Parkway, near the Sea Dog Brew Pub and Hooters. While "Boardwalk fries" are their staple, the Ocean City-born franchise also serves up an assortment of burgers, salads, pizzas and shakes. 

No exact opening date has been announced, but follow their Facebook page for more updates. 

============================================================================

For all you West Coasters

https://www.universalorlando.com/web/en/us/things-to-do/dining/voodoo-doughnut/index.html

Facebook said they did a soft opening this weekend

Good Things Come In Pink Boxes®

Opening Spring

The phenomenon known as Voodoo Doughnut is coming to Universal CityWalk™. Loved for its sinfully delicious, delightfully weird lineup of creations, Voodoo Doughnut features signature originals and one-of-a-kind delectables like the Dirt Doughnut, the Memphis Mafia and the Bacon Maple Bar©. Offbeat, audacious and amazingly awesome, at Voodoo Doughnut, “the Magic is in the Hole™.”

===============================================================================

And as Beckers posted the other day Philly Pretzel Factory will be opening just South of Tampa by June

======================================================

Anyone familiar with this?

https://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs/archives/2018/03/20/jenis-splendid-ice-creams-will-now-be-carried-at-publix?utm_source=widget&utm_medium=articleblog&utm_campaign=endofarticle&utm_content=RelatedStories

Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams will now be carried at Publix

If you haven't tasted Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams before, Orlando, you're in for a treat. We learned today that Central Florida Publix stores will be carrying Jeni's pints, which until now have been hard to find in local freezer cases. 

Jeni's super-premium ice cream boasts big flavors and all-natural ingredients, and their business model involves forming partnerships with smaller businesses (local dairy farms, fruit orchards, chocolate importers, etc.) who provide the building blocks of the product.

Flavors carried in Orlando and Winter Park will include Salty Caramel, Brown Butter Almond Brittle, Salted Peanut Butter With Chocolate Flecks, Frosé Sorbet, Brambleberry Crisp and something called Supermoon.

Jeni Britton Bauer has had a cult following since her start in 2002, pre-dating the artisanal ice cream and gelato explosion by several years. In this WNYC interview, she talks about her life and business, and how she comes up with her unique flavors like Lemon Buttermilk and Ricotta Toast with Red Berry Geranium Jam. Bauer will be giving away free scoops from the Jeni's truck from 10:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Sunday, March 31, at Tampa's Oxford Exchange; closer to home, the truck (sans Bauer) will stop at the New General in Winter Park from noon to 5 p.m. Wednesday, April 4.

I lived in MD from 1983 to 2001. I went to college 30 minutes from Ocean City, MD. Not once did I ever go to Boardwalk fries. I had to look to see when the place even opened. Any true Marylander knows if you want fries, you go to Thrashers.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I don't know if it's the same company, but I think it is- there was a Boardwalk Fries in the Countryside Mall (Clearwater)food court for years. That store disappeared a few years ago, but these folks have tried to do business in Florida before. 

TCD 

interesting.

I probably haven't been to that mall in over 20 years

11 hours ago, momof3kids-Yvonne said:

I lived in MD from 1983 to 2001. I went to college 30 minutes from Ocean City, MD. Not once did I ever go to Boardwalk fries. I had to look to see when the place even opened. Any true Marylander knows if you want fries, you go to Thrashers.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

You are right about that!!