I'm horrible... so no pictures.  But a quick comment on Noccalula Falls Campground, in Gadsden. 

Mixed feeling on this one:  the sites are VERY close together (think KOA, then smoosh-in some).  Roads are a bit rough.  But, the staff is very nice...bathhouse was clean...they have a little playground and pool...and the falls are beautiful.  Gadsden itself has lots of shopping and restaurants; the downtown area is about 5-7 minutes from the campground.   Price was right.

If you can handle hearing your neighbors at your windows and can maneuver your rig in tight places (keep in mind, we have a 40' fifth wheel), I would recommend this CG.

16 hours ago, Specularius said:

We spent the night there back in June, 2008 on our way home from Washington DC. It was a raining when we pulled in. The fall is beautiful. We left early the next morning, so just an over niter for us. 

Yes, the falls are beautiful.

14 hours ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

I've spent some time there as a day guest. Gorgeous place.

I agree... the falls are breathtaking, especially this time of the year (during the summer, I'm guessing it will run a bit slower).

On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 9:53 AM, twiceblessed....nacole said:

I'm horrible... so no pictures.  But a quick comment on Noccalula Falls Campground, in Gadsden. 

Mixed feeling on this one:  the sites are VERY close together (think KOA, then smoosh-in some).  Roads are a bit rough.  But, the staff is very nice...bathhouse was clean...they have a little playground and pool...and the falls are beautiful.  Gadsden itself has lots of shopping and restaurants; the downtown area is about 5-7 minutes from the campground.   Price was right.

If you can handle hearing your neighbors at your windows and can maneuver your rig in tight places (keep in mind, we have a 40' fifth wheel), I would recommend this CG.

We live in Gadsden and camp there often. We too have a 40' 5th. I have my favorite sites and some that I will not attempt. The new Black Creek trails are great. The campground is usually not too crowded and is well run. I love to camp there after heavy rains. You listen to the falls and rapids all night long. Next time that you are passing through to camp give us a shout.

26 minutes ago, ImDownWithDisney said:

We live in Gadsden and camp there often. We too have a 40' 5th. I have my favorite sites and some that I will not attempt. The new Black Creek trails are great. The campground is usually not too crowded and is well run. I love to camp there after heavy rains. You listen to the falls and rapids all night long. Next time that you are passing through to camp give us a shout.

Definitely, will do.  We plan to visit, one more time this year.   The campground was full this weekend, but they do not reserve the pull-through slots...so that's what I got (which was good and it was just the kids and I for the first 24 hours).  The site they assigned me however, no joke... I must have walked around it for 10 minutes, trying to figure out if I was suppose to pull in or if what I was looking at, was actually part of the road.  LOL.

Finally did get it figured out and we had a great time ^_^

6 minutes ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Definitely, will do.  We plan to visit, one more time this year.   The campground was full this weekend, but they do not reserve the pull-through slots...so that's what I got (which was good and it was just the kids and I for the first 24 hours).  The site they assigned me however, no joke... I must have walked around it for 10 minutes, trying to figure out if I was suppose to pull in or if what I was looking at, was actually part of the road.  LOL.

Finally did get it figured out and we had a great time ^_^

I know which site you are talking about. Their pull through sites are weird. They just paved together multiple old sites to make them. We stayed on P6 a few weeks ago.

2 minutes ago, ImDownWithDisney said:

I know which site you are talking about. Their pull through sites are weird. They just paved together multiple old sites to make them. We stayed on P6 a few weeks ago.

Yep... that was our site.  Neighbor at the front, actually had to park their car on our pad (in front of our 5th wheel) and the neighbor behind us (P1), we had to move our truck (that was parked behind our rig) so they could pull in.  Oh...and that funky (what I think at one time was a spot) that's is at a T, by your front door?  Yeah, I put the picnic table there so random people would think it was a parking spot.  Lol.