1500 or 2000 loop for solo adult?

After a false start last year with a planned trip I had to cancel, I am finally getting to take my camping trip to Fort Wilderness.  I am wondering which loop, between 1500 and 2000, would be best for a solo adult.  I will be in the parks mostly so I am using the campground as a place to sleep, and I have a 9 x 7 four person tent(a little small, but hey, it's just me in it).  Aside from the one day I absolutely have to go to the Outpost to get to my destination for the day, I am planning to use the boats and monorail primarily to get around, and I know that means either the Settlement bus route to get to the marina or the Wilderness Lodge trail.  Any advice you can give would be most appreciated.

This is personal preference, my wife and I like 2000 loop either the beginning of loop or the end. 2001, 2002, or 2003, but have stayed all around the loop. It is a large loop so there will be more children around than 1500 and some people do not like kids playing. 1500 is smaller loop and more in the middle of campground therefore a lot of people like it. All depends on what you like. I find 1500 is more crowded and usually louder than 2000. Also 2000 has 2 comfort stations where as 1500 shares one with 1600 loop.

Agreed, 1500 is more centrally located. It's also on the Yellow bus route. Yellow is a more direct route than Purple when going to the Outpost. When going to Settlement, if you need to go to Wilderness Lodge, just stay on the bus. The Yellow bus continues on to the Lodge.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...