Peach Queen Campground, Jemison, AL

Spent 1 night last week while on our way south at this campground just off I-65 in Jemison, Alabama.  Based on the reviews online, I didn't expect much.  I got less than expected.  

Our site

c6nhNydFsY1p8cmHWOcMWU7XwfIbgtpOWGRDvv3I

Firepit at our site.  Yes, it was pretty much just a pile of cigarette butts.  The nice part is, it was close enough to the bunk slide that I could have put Anna to bed, started a fire, and she could get a nice nicotine buzz right in her bed.

-hVq_LwTExN1dWSrihnh7SStUcKX_hL4c91K3xyw

If you need to do some laundry, the machines are accessible 24 hours/day and you can enjoy the stars while waiting for the dryer cycle to end.

MVNgMROj9OMGHjwwr-6rsMDCdTvysCpv09he86Td

Here is the outside of the bath house.  Trust me, I am doing you a huge favor by not showing the inside.  Tile was broken and pulled away, dirty, hair, etc.  But on a positive note, there was plenty of soap and shampoo to use that is apparently kept in the stalls by the campground's permanent residents.  

e_vNXs5xgtkI-ZBhD_VexnbZKpnD9PhdpX89bPNg

It's hard to judge a pool during the off season, so I won't.  I will point out though that, according to the website, it is apparently one of the last stainless steel pools installed in America.  In 1974.  

4-b1OG0PZi-sxB6j6OAzwNmECbYy83Ibar5nx8zX

The playground could use some work.  The rock wall was rotting and pulling away from the structure, and if you plan on sitting on the bench while your kids play, be aware that there is a fire ant mound right underneath the bench.

lT4DwNtLSFx4leWSGg86wtlSyFmxMbpfABl0mNFE

The pros....well, apparently the 50 amp service was reliable as my EMS allowed power through to my rig.  The site was fairly level.  And it was convenient to the interstate.  I told INC that perhaps we could return someday and spend a few days.  She said maybe I should save that trip for my 2nd wife. 

We stayed there once about 10 yrs ago, we were the only ones in there, I think it was January. The lady was nice (the Peach Queen) herself but it looked even worse then so consider yourself lucky.

Where

15 hours ago, DaveInTN said:

Spent 1 night last week while on our way south at this campground just off I-65 in Jemison, Alabama.  Based on the reviews online, I didn't expect much.  I got less than expected.  

You mean, that's not your destination?  Man.... some people just expect too much these days ;)

Where are y'all off too?   We're headed over to Stone Mtn for Easter ^_^

42 minutes ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Where

You mean, that's not your destination?  Man.... some people just expect too much these days ;)

Where are y'all off too?   We're headed over to Stone Mtn for Easter ^_^

We are home already.  Went down to Orange Beach this past week.  

Happy Easter!  Enjoy Stone Mtn.

On 3/31/2018 at 8:47 AM, DaveInTN said:

We are home already.  Went down to Orange Beach this past week.  

Happy Easter!  Enjoy Stone Mtn.

Thanks!  Girl and I, hiked up the Mtn for sunrise service (Tom stayed back with the boy... too early for the two of them and too rough on Tom's back).

It. Was. Awesome.

He IS risen!