Anyone with a 2018 Ford?

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/06/ford-recalls-about-350000-f-150s-and-expeditions-for-faulty-transmission-gears.html

Ford recalls about 350,000 F-150s and Expeditions for faulty transmission gears

• Ford is recalling 350,000 vehicles for a transmission issue that could result in the car moving after the driver has placed it in park and removed the keys.
  • There is reported accident and injury related to the issue.

There is a clip that locks the gear shift cable to the transmission in vehicles. In some of the affected vehicles, this clip is not firmly in place, which could result in the car shifting into a different gear from the one the driver has chosen.

In this situation, there may be no warning light or chime to warn the driver the vehicle is not in park upon exiting the vehicle. This could mean the truck rolls away after the driver has left, if the emergency brake is not engaged.

Wow, scary. I grew up driving with a manual transmission, so  it is 2nd nature for me to put on the emergency brake before I take my foot off the brake and pull the keys. I still on occasion forget to put it in park, but my truck won't let me pull the keys unless it is in park.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/06/ford-recalls-about-350000-f-150s-and-expeditions-for-faulty-transmission-gears.html

Ford recalls about 350,000 F-150s and Expeditions for faulty transmission gears

• Ford is recalling 350,000 vehicles for a transmission issue that could result in the car moving after the driver has placed it in park and removed the keys.
  • There is reported accident and injury related to the issue.

There is a clip that locks the gear shift cable to the transmission in vehicles. In some of the affected vehicles, this clip is not firmly in place, which could result in the car shifting into a different gear from the one the driver has chosen.

In this situation, there may be no warning light or chime to warn the driver the vehicle is not in park upon exiting the vehicle. This could mean the truck rolls away after the driver has left, if the emergency brake is not engaged.

Boy, talk about a misleading headline!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk