Okay... the kids and I head out this weekend.  We'll be gone 4 weeks (Tom will fly in/out to join us in the middle).  On the itinerary is:

- Waco (yes, I do love Chip and Joanna Gaines... but I'm really going there, for the food as I've heard it's amazing :P)

- Dinosaur Valley SP (we're actually staying at a CG about 15 minutes away, so I could get a pull-through site)

- White Sands National Monument

- Lake Havasu to see the London Bridge  

- Zion National (will take us 11 nights to get out to Zion)

- Bryce Canyon

- Capitol Reef  (my girl and I get to do a 3 hour trail ride...so excited!)

- Lake Powell  (may or may not do a slot canyon tour)

- Horseshoe Bend

- Grand Canyon

- Back home through Albuquerque, Oklahoma City (hi Ray!), Arkansas and the last night in Memphis to visit friends

Whew... prayers for safety, health and blessings would be greatly appreciated!! 

You can see quite a few dinosaur tracks at Dinosaur Valley state park as long as the river isn’t up to high. Lots of hiking trails as well. The R.V. spaces at the park can be pretty tight with a larger rig so good call on staying offsite. Be sure to check out Pie Peddlers in downtown Glenn Rose if you like pie.

Have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely pay for a slot canyon tour. Something made me choose the Lower Antelope Canyon tour. If you’re morning people, the earlier the better as they get backed up by mid-day. We waited about an hour from when we left the building to when we got down into the slot canyon. BUT- totally worth it.

It was expensive, but the pictures were stunning.

4 hours ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

Have fun and safe travels.  

Thank you!

4 hours ago, Beckers said:

Waco?!? Oh I’m so jealous!!! So excited for you!! I want to go to the silos and eat at Magnolia Table!! Have fun!!

Haha..right?!  Tom's like, "you're driving how far out the way, to 'eat'"?   Ummm... yeah :lol:

3 hours ago, dblr....Rennie said:

Sounds like a great trip, safe travels and have fun!!!!!!

Thank you!!

3 hours ago, dieseldave said:

You can see quite a few dinosaur tracks at Dinosaur Valley state park as long as the river isn’t up to high. Lots of hiking trails as well. The R.V. spaces at the park can be pretty tight with a larger rig so good call on staying offsite. Be sure to check out Pie Peddlers in downtown Glenn Rose if you like pie.

Thank you!

42 minutes ago, ependydad...Doug said:

Definitely pay for a slot canyon tour. Something made me choose the Lower Antelope Canyon tour. If you’re morning people, the earlier the better as they get backed up by mid-day. We waited about an hour from when we left the building to when we got down into the slot canyon. BUT- totally worth it.

It was expensive, but the pictures were stunning.

Mandie and I had talked about this... not sure if it's going to work out, but I it's a possibility! 

5 minutes ago, ependydad...Doug said:

Horseshoe Bend was beautiful but terrifying. There. are. no. railings.

Just me, kids, and a million foot drop.

Yeah... Tom is not thrilled with the possibility of this one.   It's on the bottom of the to-do list as it's a bit out of the way (I originally thought it was between Bryce and the Grand Canyon).

37 minutes ago, LONE-STAR said:

So why Waco? I have lived in Texas my whole life with  the exception of a few month here and there, but I have never even thought of going to Waco.

You must not watch hgtv! Waco is the home of Chip And Jo Gaines from the show Fixer Upper. 

1 hour ago, Beckers said:

You must not watch hgtv! Waco is the home of Chip And Jo Gaines from the show Fixer Upper. 

Sure don't I work on homes and buildings for a living couldn't care less about watching other people do it. I like shows that are about trucks, cars, big rigs pretty much anything with wheels.

45 minutes ago, LONE-STAR said:

Sure don't I work on homes and buildings for a living couldn't care less about watching other people do it. I like shows that are about trucks, cars, big rigs pretty much anything with wheels.

Haha... I understand.  But yes, they are on HGTV.  They are one of the few people, that if I had the money, I would let them have free reign to design and decorate our home for us.  But seriously... I'm going there, for the food.  No joke.  :lol:

1 hour ago, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

Prayers for safe travel!

Thank you!

Safe travels.  

Hopefully we can meet up when your in OKC. 

I too have to ask about eating in Waco.

ive been to and through Waco dozens of times.  We will be there in June for our dear friends son’s wedding.  I’ve eaten at several places there.  But I can’t think of one place I’d drive miles out of my way to eat at in Waco.  

Where are you going to eat at???

If while your in Waco. 

Drive thru Baylor university. It’s a beautiful campus right off the highway and have an awesome football stadium.  Make sure you stop at the bridge that crosses the river from the campus to the stadium. 

Also the Texas Ranger museum is pretty cool.  And a good way to kill an hour or two. And yes they have a Walker-Texas Ranger display. Even though chuck Norris is from Oklahoma.  Lol. 

5 hours ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

Safe travels.  

Hopefully we can meet up when your in OKC. 

I too have to ask about eating in Waco.

ive been to and through Waco dozens of times.  We will be there in June for our dear friends son’s wedding.  I’ve eaten at several places there.  But I can’t think of one place I’d drive miles out of my way to eat at in Waco.  

Where are you going to eat at???

Hopefully we'll get the chance to meet up.  Thanks again for your help, with the campground.

Magnolia Table for breakfast... maybe a food truck for lunch and cupcakes from Silos Baking Company :P

• 2 weeks later...