Fort Wilderness Featured in the May issue of Trailer Life Magazine.

Just looked through the May issue of Trailer Life and there is an article about camping at the Fort. Boy, with it as hard as it is to get reservations there now, the Fort does not need this kind of publicity! Oh, and the top of one page is titled "Fort Wilderness "Fiends"". 

2 hours ago, Specularius said:

Just looked through the May issue of Trailer Life and there is an article about camping at the Fort. Boy, with it as hard as it is to get reservations there now, the Fort does not need this kind of publicity! Oh, and the top of one page is titled "Fort Wilderness "Fiends"". 

Well quit spreading the word.

We haven't read Trailer Life in years, have never had a subscription to it ... but, lo and behold, the May issue appeared in our mailbox today!  

The author says she has become a Fort Fiend.  Does that mean she's actually joined here, or she's just claiming the title by association without knowing anything about our group?  And isn't "Fort Fiends" trademarked?

18 hours ago, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

The author says she has become a Fort Fiend.  Does that mean she's actually joined here, or she's just claiming the title by association without knowing anything about our group?  And isn't "Fort Fiends" trademarked?

Either way she's pi---ng off some people over at the DIS..  :ROFLMAO-1:

And yes TL should be using the registered symbol next to FF....

They have a podcast which I have been listening to for a couple years.  They have a business relationship with Cabellas, Jayco and Yogi Bears Jellystone  RV parks.  I'm not sure she was intentionally referencing our group.

On 4/11/2018 at 6:03 PM, ftwildernessguy said:

They have a podcast which I have been listening to for a couple years.  They have a business relationship with Cabellas, Jayco and Yogi Bears Jellystone  RV parks.  I'm not sure she was intentionally referencing our group.

There is no doubt that she was referencing our group.  She calls them, "hardcore fans of the campground---a group of guests affectionately known as Fort Fiends."

All the information she gives sounds just like information that I have seen posted here on the forum and much of it seemed accurate enough to have came from this forum.  Obviously, she could have gotten it somewhere else but it just had the ring of all that I have learned right here. 

She made mention of all the animals that could be seen at the Fort and she included Peacocks.  Have the Peacocks returned recently?  I was there last October and didn't see any.

We will be returning next week and are looking forward to it.

On 4/9/2018 at 6:54 PM, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

We haven't read Trailer Life in years, have never had a subscription to it ... but, lo and behold, the May issue appeared in our mailbox today!  

If you have a Good Sam membership they send out a free issue of Trailer Life or Motorhome magazine twice a year to all paid members even if you don't subscribe to either one.

They do this because they discontinued the monthly Good Sam magazine they used to send out separately, but now they include a smaller version of "Highways" in both of their other mags every 6 months.

They are all one big company under Marcus Lemonis/Camping World now.

• 3 weeks later...

On 4/9/2018 at 5:54 PM, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

I'll take the free publicity, honestly. Wouldn't dream of bugging them about using our name like that. I'm happy to see people writing about the Fort thinking enough of us to use us for research! Complaining at them about name-dropping us seems counter-productive on every level I can imagine.