My wife and I have talked about buying a trailer and see the country once I get out of the Army.  It's taken some convincing and selling, but renting a trailer last year she started to get the bug.  We've flirted with the idea to buy a trailer when we move this summer.  Not the "dream trailer" we want when we're old farts, but one that's inexpensive, we could kick around in, and sell if necessary (being inexpensive we won't lose our shirts).  

Today as we were driving to lunch for my birthday, out of the blue she asked me if I still want to buy a trailer and she is really excited about the thought.  I can't wait to move now.  We're moving to the DC area which isn't too far for a FW trip.  Happy birthday to me!

12 hours ago, Beckers said:

Happy birthday and go buy it before she changes her mind 😂

Have to wait until we're settled this summer, but she's looked for used campers 3 or 4 times since we've talked and told me right before going to bed that she can't wait.  I don't think the mind will to change at this point, but I know what you mean.

38 minutes ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

Happy birthday!!!

Congrats!!!

Btw, can you have your wife call mine?  Lol

She's endured a lot of crazy ideas already.  I don't know if you've laid enough foundation of crazy or she'd be calibrated appropriately to convince.  

Happy Birthday, and watch that Old Fart stuff.  Just kidding.  If you haven't bought anything yet, and have some time before you make a purchase, give some thought to attending a large RV show.  There, you can compare and contrast the latest in RVs, and check out various floor plans.  Beware of "eye candy", fancy stuff, that adds to the price, but not necessarily the enjoyment or experiences.  The self proclaimed largest RV show in the country is in Hershey PA in mid-September, which is only a few hours from DC.   You can see any type of RV there.  Good Luck and best wishes.

• 3 months later...