2000 Tent Loop more like RV loop now

Just got back from another magical stay at the Fort and curiousity got the best us due to increasing site rates. We looped 2000, the most reasonable loop at the Fort, and were amazed at all the Class B and Class C Motorhomes over there. For those of us who aren't trailering this obviously is becoming an option big time to save some bucks. Each site had 20/30/50 amp hookups along with cable and water. The only thing missing was sewer but obviously not an issue for those staying there. Concrete pads were much shorter with long/wide coquina pads for tents. But overall the sites were quite long, wide, private and very shady overall-nice for the summer. Technically this is a Tent/Camper Van loop but seems the rules are pretty loose and changing. Something to consider for the future to save some money. I wonder as the rates keep increasing will we see less tents? Is that part of the Disney plan? If so, I find that pretty sad. Your thoughts?

My motorhome self-identifies as a tent.  It's a little concerning at times but who am I to judge.   Maybe some of those people you saw in 2000 are going through the same thing.  I've been told it's best to let your RV express itself, and if staying in a partial site will show it the proper level of love and support, not to mention save a few bucks, I'm all in favor.   

1 hour ago, DaveInTN said:

My motorhome self-identifies as a tent.  It's a little concerning at times but who am I to judge.   Maybe some of those people you saw in 2000 are going through the same thing.  I've been told it's best to let your RV express itself, and if staying in a partial site will show it the proper level of love and support, not to mention save a few bucks, I'm all in favor.   

I agree. 

I’m looking at a class A for my emotional support.    

22 hours ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

Seriously I hope they don’t make it harder (more expensive) for those families traveling on a tight budget to stay at the fort.   

With all of the various hoops you have to jump thru to try and book a site, it's a lot harder to get a partial due to there only being 2 loops.

And the rules say those loops are for PUPS, tents, and van/truck campers.

But of course Disney doesn't follow their own guidelines, and now there are trailers and RV's.

You just can't win anymore...

• 2 months later...

We are headed to Disney in November and we have a "pop up" site reserved, but we are in the process of upgrading our camper situation.  The travel trailer we are buying will be the same length and width of our current pop-up (or really close).  Will we be ok?  I called Disney but they said we have to have a pop up in the site.  We obviously don't want to travel across the country with a camper we won't be able to use...any advice?  Just do it and they won't care?

We've often seen campers in the tent loops that aren't anywhere close to tents or popups, and if you called Disney 6 times and asked the same question you could very easily get 6 different answers.  Hard to say for sure what they'd do at check in - could depend on the day (how full the Fort *really* is) or the CM you get.  I'd be inclined to plead my case as nicely as possible at check-in (can you cry on demand? -LOL 🤣) and even offer up that you're willing to pay for an upgrade.  This is what we did last fall when we had 11 separate reservations (long story) in more than one class of site, and really didn't want to have to move a bunch of times.  Check-in took an extra supervisor, a call to the magical "back office", about 35 minutes, and us being our nicest, most patient selves, but ultimately they sorted us out.

If it were me I'd also keep trying to find a reservation in another site class just to be on the safe side.  It might mean grabbing a night at a time (see "11 reservations") but it's not impossible that you could pull it off. Alternately if you don't want to spend a bunch of time every day on the Disney site, get a good travel agent on the case for you.  Cost you nothing and since they're in the system frequently, they're in a great position to find what you need if it can be found.  Jason at MouseCounselors is a sponsor here at Fort Fiends and has helped out lots of folks over the years. Couldn't hurt to pop him a note.

Good luck, oh and congrats on the new camper!!