Disney Alaskan Cruise out of Vancouver

We are not renewing our annual passes this year, but instead we are taking the Alaskan Cruise. We have almost everything booked except an arrival and departure day hotel. Has anyone taken this cruise and have a recommendation for a hotel to stay at in Vancouver that doesn't cost as much as the cruise itself? Any recommendations on the shore excursions? 

1 hour ago, Specularius said:

We are not renewing our annual passes this year, but instead we are taking the Alaskan Cruise. 

👍

50 minutes ago, DaveInTN said:

Grumpy (Dave) should be along with some advice....he and Linda have taken more than one DCL Alaska cruise. 

We have??

When you going? We're booked 6/11/2019.

Ok, we never stay in Vancouver we stay in Seattle and take the Quickcoach (bus) from the Airport, and do the same on the return. $99 roundtrip and it drops off and picks up at the cruise terminal.  It's about 4 1/2 hrs, but since we fly SW, between the air fare and hotel we chose that. The other advantage you can spend a couple extra days sight seeing in Seattle.

We enjoyed the train in Skagway and the Whale Watching/Mendenhal Glacier tour out of Juneau. With Linda's limited mobility we didn't do any of the other tours. I know Lou & Gail did a few others one being a Zipline. I'll talk to them and see what else they did.  

If you like Salmon, stock up in Ketchikan, they ship.

34 minutes ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

Ok, we never stay in Vancouver we stay in Seattle and take the Quickcoach (bus) from the Airport, and do the same on the return. $99 roundtrip and it drops off and picks up at the cruise terminal.  It's about 4 1/2 hrs, but since we fly SW, between the air fare and hotel we chose that. The other advantage you can spend a couple extra days sight seeing in Seattle.

That's good to know!  I can fly WN to Seattle a heck of a lot cheaper than flying to Vancouver.  I don't have a cruise planned, but hope to some day.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Home from the cruise. It was FANTASTIC! Loved the Wonder. There were a couple of things that are better on the Dream, such as Senses Spa, but the smaller ship was just so much fun. We were surprised that our Captain was the same Capatain we had on a previous cruise aboard the Dream, Captain Henry Anderson. The weather was great, the scenery even better, and the crew was Awsome. I learned a lot that may be valuable to other Fiends in the future and I will get that out in a trip report coming soon. Now to catch up on laundry and recoup from the trip. Left Vancouver at 58 degrees and arrived home to 103 degrees. Talk about wanting to go back right now!

On 7/20/2018 at 10:54 PM, Specularius said:

Home from the cruise. It was FANTASTIC! Loved the Wonder. There were a couple of things that are better on the Dream, such as Senses Spa, but the smaller ship was just so much fun. We were surprised that our Captain was the same Capatain we had on a previous cruise aboard the Dream, Captain Henry Anderson. The weather was great, the scenery even better, and the crew was Awsome. I learned a lot that may be valuable to other Fiends in the future and I will get that out in a trip report coming soon. Now to catch up on laundry and recoup from the trip. Left Vancouver at 58 degrees and arrived home to 103 degrees. Talk about wanting to go back right now!

Glad to hear it was great!  We also loved the Wonder and I want all the details on Alaska, I'm scheming on going next summer, 2019.

WBI

On 7/23/2018 at 8:59 AM, WannaBeImagineer said:

Glad to hear it was great!  We also loved the Wonder and I want all the details on Alaska, I'm scheming on going next summer, 2019.

WBI

One big piece of advice...Take the longest cruise available. There is so much to see that the short cruises are just too short. Make sure that whichever cruise you book makes a stop in Icy Point Straight (Hoonah). It was the best stop of the entire cruise with the best fresh crab place ever at a reasonable cost. Also, always be looking outside. There is a breath taking view with every turn of the ship. It is nothing like cruising the Bahamas or the Caribbean. I am still working on pictures for my report. It is going slow with 2 weeks of work to catch up on.

3 hours ago, Specularius said:

One big piece of advice...Take the longest cruise available. There is so much to see that the short cruises are just too short. Make sure that whichever cruise you book makes a stop in Icy Point Straight (Hoonah). It was the best stop of the entire cruise with the best fresh crab place ever at a reasonable cost. Also, always be looking outside. There is a breath taking view with every turn of the ship. It is nothing like cruising the Bahamas or the Caribbean. I am still working on pictures for my report. It is going slow with 2 weeks of work to catch up on.

Thanks, we'll definitely do a 7 day, I'm not sure if we'll be able to pull off the 9 day or not. 

That's what I've heard about the stuff to see everywhere!  Thanks again.

WBI

On 7/20/2018 at 10:54 PM, Specularius said:

Home from the cruise. It was FANTASTIC! Loved the Wonder. There were a couple of things that are better on the Dream, such as Senses Spa, but the smaller ship was just so much fun....snip.. 

The weather was great, the scenery even better, and the crew was Awsome. I learned a lot that may be valuable to other Fiends in the future and I will get that out in a trip report coming soon. Now to catch up on laundry and recoup from the trip. Left Vancouver at 58 degrees and arrived home to 103 degrees. Talk about wanting to go back right now!

X-2.. Wonder is our favorite ship. Glad you had a great time.