Cast member store question and what the heck is Mickeys retreat at Little Lake Bryan???

I read somewhere that you don’t have to be a cast member to go to the cast member store, but if you want to buy something a cast member has to buy it for you.

Is that true?

It doesn’t sound right to me.

And does anyone know the cast member store location and hours?

On the same forum I read about CMs going to Mickey’s retreat at little lake Bryan. I’ve never heard of this place. Apparently it’s a recreation area only for CMs and their family. Does anyone have any more information than that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

29 minutes ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

I read somewhere that you don’t have to be a cast member to go to the cast member store, but if you want to buy something a cast member has to buy it for you.

Is that true?

On the same forum I read about CMs going to Mickey’s retreat at little lake Bryan. I’ve never heard of this place. Apparently it’s a recreation area only for CMs and their family. Does anyone have any more information than that?

Yes to both, but only part of the CM store. It has two sections and only CM can get into the 2nd section. Store is off of Bear Island off of Western Way.

18 hours ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

Yes to both, but only part of the CM store. It has two sections and only CM can get into the 2nd section. Store is off of Bear Island off of Western Way.

14 hours ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

You can go into part of the store with out a CM. There is a CM only part you can’t enter either way. 

Need a CM to purchase anything though as you have to show CM if at the register. 

Thanks for the info. I’m not looking for anything particular.. I just really want to go look around. I guess if I find something I can’t live without I could always give Lou a call. If he’s not to busy. 

Is that true?
It doesn’t sound right to me.
And does anyone know the cast member store location and hours?

We stumbled upon lake Bryan when my husband was looking for a lake to fish. Yes it is for CM’s only. They are allowed to bring family but if the CM leaves the premise their family must leave as well. Very nice place from the little we seen as we turned around after speaking with the guard.

4 hours ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

Thanks for the info. I’m not looking for anything particular.. I just really want to go look around. I guess if I find something I can’t live without I could always give Lou a call. If he’s not to busy. 

Don't get too excited...Went twice with the ex-busman and not much to really buy. 

37 minutes ago, NurseTK said:

We stumbled upon lake Bryan when my husband was looking for a lake to fish. Yes it is for CM’s only. They are allowed to bring family but if the CM leaves the premise their family must leave as well. Very nice place from the little we seen as we turned around after speaking with the guard.

And totally "under used" by CM except holidays from what I've been told.

19 hours ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

You can go into part of the store with out a CM. There is a CM only part you can’t enter either way.

When we went a month ago they would not let us into the store at all until the CM we were with showed their card.

It's hit or miss on what you find there.  Sometimes we've gotten a ton of stuff, the last couple of times not much.

Some inventory (clothes in particular) is very similar to what the outlet stores carry at similar prices but they have a lot more besides. Bonus is that you get the CM discount on top of those prices.

There's actually a grocery section and last time I bought a bunch of oranges and limes that were MUCH better/cheaper than what Publix had.

Current hours are posted as
Monday    9AM–7:30PM
Tuesday    9AM–7:30PM
Wednesday    9AM–7:30PM
Thursday    9AM–7:30PM
Friday    9AM–7:30PM
Saturday    9AM–7:30PM
Sunday    9AM–7:30PM

1 hour ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

It's hit or miss on what you find there.  Sometimes we've gotten a ton of stuff, the last couple of times not much.

The old location seemed to have a better selection.. 

6 hours ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

When we went a month ago they would not let us into the store at all until the CM we were with showed their card.

Some inventory (clothes in particular) is very similar to what the outlet stores carry at similar prices but they have a lot more besides. Bonus is that you get the CM discount on top of those prices.

There's actually a grocery section and last time I bought a bunch of oranges and limes that were MUCH better/cheaper than what Publix had.

Current hours are posted as
Monday    9AM–7:30PM
Tuesday    9AM–7:30PM
Wednesday    9AM–7:30PM
Thursday    9AM–7:30PM
Friday    9AM–7:30PM
Saturday    9AM–7:30PM
Sunday    9AM–7:30PM

Agreed, there was nothing there I just "had" to have

Somebody told me one time that the store is just ok, but it can be entertaining to watch a woman trying to fit 6 restaurant chairs into her car.  
The woman was obviously a master at the game Tetris. Disney Princess Monopoly is more my speed. So I was in awe.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

We have been lucky enough to go a couple times with Cast Member friends. It is COOL!  I love the back part the best where you see stuff from hotels like, old decorations or props. Old Popcorn machines, and even a blow up bellhop from the haunted mansion!  We came home with some really nice dish's and silverware/table cloths from the yacht club and coffee cups that I am drinking out of right now. We also found huge garland sets that light up and actually had Christmas balls and Mickey shaped bulbs on it they were I think $10.00 each and nicer than anything you could even begin to find on frontgate it was wonderful :) To know they hung in our favorite place in the world is the best part.  I think our cast member friends thought we had lost it but they still like us anyway :)

I agree it is hit or miss as the second time we went, we really did not find many treasures. I cannot wait to go back!

On 5/12/2018 at 12:43 PM, Laura said:

We have been lucky enough to go a couple times with Cast Member friends. It is COOL!  I love the back part the best where you see stuff from hotels like, old decorations or props. 

You never know what you'll find in that room. I got some great festival wine glasses back there for $1 a piece.

Agree that it's always fun to poke around and I have gotten some great stuff there.  I got a really nice sweatshirt there last fall for $20 that was still being sold in the parks for over $50.

Sounds like the outlet store roulette.  You never know what you will find!

We went this past Saturday and Sunday to the one on Vineland.  Got a couple things on Saturday.  Sunday by 10:30 the line was to the back of the store and starting to circle back to the front.  Didn't see anything new that we wanted, so we left.