Galaxy's Edge opens Summer 2019 at DL fall at WDW

52 minutes ago, LONE-STAR said:

I say November 2019 with Grand opening just before Christmas.

You are 100% correct because this is when we wanted to go but now I’m rethinking it. I really don’t care about star wars and don’t want to deal with the madness 

11 hours ago, Beckers said:

You are 100% correct because this is when we wanted to go but now I’m rethinking it. I really don’t care about star wars and don’t want to deal with the madness 

In the past, you could probably go to the other 3 parks and have them be less crowded because of the newest attraction at 1 park.  But I'm sure with the new Star Wars land opening, all of the parks will have some sort of tie in to keep the crowd levels high.

October 2019

As much as we want to see Star Wars land I really am thinking about taking a break from Disney after it opens to let it calm down. But with everything they are adding I really don't think it will calm down. So I guess we will keep going and do less.

On 5/23/2018 at 4:17 PM, Katman1356...Jason said:

Anyone want to start a pool for when it will actually open? I have January 2020 personally.

I agree. I was over at Disneyland earlier this month, and visited DHS last week- they are WAY further ahead with the construction in California. Not only that, but the California version looks much bigger in area than what they're shoving into that back corner of DHS. I believe that part of our Galaxy's Edge is going to be part of the Star Wars hotel they're building here, and that both the hotel and the land are going to open together. At the current pace, they will not be done in late fall of 2019. 

TCD

1 hour ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I agree. I was over at Disneyland earlier this month, and visited DHS last week- they are WAY further ahead with the construction in California. Not only that, but the California version looks much bigger in area than what they're shoving into that back corner of DHS. I believe that part of our Galaxy's Edge is going to be part of the Star Wars hotel they're building here, and that both the hotel and the land are going to open together. At the current pace, they will not be done in late fall of 2019. 

TCD

This link I ran across today shows that the Star Wars hotel is located outside of the current footprint, much further away than I would have guessed.

http://www.mynews13.com/fl/orlando/attractions/2018/05/30/disney-world-reveals-location-for-star-wars-hotel

Didn't the announcement say that both parks were getting 14 acres of Star wars Land?  How does Hollywood Studios current star tours factor into that?  

WBI