We can't let those free hotel nights go to waste

After debating on where we wanted to go and what we wanted to do we decided to head towards Atlanta. I had thought it was going to be the five of us, but my son decided not to go. So in true fashion, we got on the road bright and early around noon thirty. Steve looked at the map on his phone and we decided it would be best to take the windy roads through Mentone over to 75. No pictures just imagine alot of this ~~occasionally some of this---~~ and then we finally reach I75. Actually the ride wasn't too bad, better than sitting in traffic in Chattanooga.

We arrived at the Residence Inn which was located in the Buckhead/Lenox Park area. It is a business area surrounded by many apartment complexes. Nice apartment complexes as in pretty much all of them the entrance was gated. When Steve checked in they gave him a little gift bag filled with a bottle of water, a package of Grandma's Oatmeal Raisin cookies and some nuts. I forgot to get pictures of our room or the hotel itself. The hotel has a courtyard area with an outdoor pool and a small basketball court. They weather was not conducive to either really so neither got tried out by us. Oh yeah and the fact none of us except Jessica brought their swimsuit factored into that as well.

Our room was a studio suite. It included a queen bed, a sofa bed and the standard Residence Inn kitchen (refrigerator, dishwasher and stove top).

I did get this picture from our window. 2be8f5966a11623ec1b2db02ae3c699f.jpg

Before heading out to dinner Steve and I decided to have a drink. Seeing as I forgot to pack any drinks, I decided to just have one of the beers he brought along. c7e5e7bb944142b3b55b1bd705a9093a.jpg

We found out there was a shuttle service that would take us anywhere within 3 miles of the hotel. As it turns out where we wanted to go to dinner was within that 3 miles. So a call down to the front desk and we head down to catch the shuttle.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I just realized this is a Trip Report and not a continuation of the earlier thread.  So, that means I am FIRST!  And second.... and I guess third too! 
:bananas:
I'll go ahead and blame the scotch for you.
I hope you had a great time!!   
It was nice and actually quiet relaxing. Just what we needed.
Thread hog.
You tell him!
In!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for joining and thanks for the input you gave me.
I'm in. 
Glad to have you.
In! I’m always up to seeing different places.
We didn't do all that much, but thanks for joining us.
In!
I really appreciate you joining in Gwen. I know how busy your life is these days. How is your mom doing?

So we got into the shuttle and the driver took us over to Lenox Square Mall that is where the Cheesecake Factory was which we had decided on for dinner.

Now there really isn't a huge fancy mall near us. Anytime we want to feel like we are going to a big mall we head up towards DaveInTN's area and go to Cool Springs. This Lenox Square mall was huge. As in we didn't even get around all of it. Our first stop after getting our name on the list at the restaurant was to check out the two department stores that my girls had never been in before Bloomingdale and Neiman Marcus. Bloomingdale's had like 4 levels. I had forgotten they made department stores that big. Oh and Jessica declared she is marrying rich so....if you know anyone we can set her up with let me know. We wandered around the mall a bit longer and then headed to the Cheesecake Factory.

We ordered an appetizer of fried mac n cheee. There were 4 on the plate. Last time we had these Steve and I shared because their were 5 of us.

2021932b019e97063c3fd54080970eb1.jpg

Steve ordered a combination plate that had steak and chicken.

182ed042385c109bff5d912cf6a43373.jpg

I had the Bang Bang Chicken and Shrimp.

ac82e6acbb70d87663f36ab89e947cf0.jpg

The girls each had a burger. Jessica's had Bacon and bbq sauce. Rachel's had mac n cheese. 29c93ca39787e9d87c5d4a006c5eb486.jpgaa2d6ffe8ea66545d44259a83e0d7e2e.jpg

After that we were so full we didn't even bother ordering any cheesecake. We met the shuttle driver and headed back to the hotel. It was off to bed soon after that as we had to get to Mass in the morning before any of our other planned activities. I try to go when I can on vacation and being it was Memorial Weekend I felt it was important to go. The original plan was going to be to go at 9am, but Steve didn't want to go that early so we went at 11:30.

My sister-in-law is Indonesian so I took this picture after Mass to send to her. I have seen Spanish Masses when there is a high Spanish speaking population, but this is the first time I have ever seen an Indonesian Mass listed.

1a3474327b650635981b3f658a4641bf.jpg

Oh we did go down for breakfast, but it was nothing to write home about so no pictures.

Next we will go off to explore Lenox Park so Jessica can get some photos for her social media.

Cheesecake Factory is expensive...but good.  Tom and I will share an entree, but that's only because I usually fill up on bread [emoji38]
The Lenox Mall is a good sized mall.  We've never spent a ton of time in there, but do go every few years or so.
We don't have one near us so it's a treat for us. The bread definitely factors into not being able to finish a meal.
I like cheesecake factory well enough, but the funny thing is I've only been to our local one once... and that was with you!  There is one across the street from my office in DC though so I eat there from time to time.  
My children seem to like going there for their birthdays. In fact we still owe Drew a birthday meal there. That was the plan if he had gone to Atlanta with us. So I imagine we will be up your way sometime before he heads back to school in the fall.
There is one in Baltimore that back in my payroll administration days my coworkers and I would go to occasionally after getting all our checks out. Our office was actually in Columbia. It was one of our treats to ourselves.

22 hours ago, momof3kids-Yvonne said:

I really appreciate you joining in Gwen. I know how busy your life is these days. How is your mom doing?

Yvonne, thank you for asking!   She's still driving us crazy.  She still thinks she's in full control mentally, but I choose to believe she wouldn't treat us this way if she were.  Then again, maybe not based on her past history.   Just taking it day by day.