https://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs/archives/2018/05/29/the-long-awaited-starflyer-will-finally-open-this-friday

What Fiend will be the first one to try this and report back?  We need video with the screams.

The long-awaited Starflyer will finally open this Friday

PHOTO VIA UNICORP DEVELOPMENT

The Orlando Starflyer will officially take flight this Friday, June 1.

At 425 feet tall, the Starflyer is one of the tallest structures in Florida and the tallest Starflyer in the world, standing 25 feet higher than the ICON Orlando Eye on International Drive. 

Last month, the swing ride was set to open on May 11, but a few finishing touches pushed back its launch a couple of weeks. Although it was first approved in 2015, the attraction saw major setbacks, including landscaping details and railing features, but will finally run this week.

Guests will be brought into the air at 60 mph as the ride swings around the stand 22 people at a time.

At the base of Starflyer, there is a café and ice cream stand for those who might decide to hang out and wait for their friends and family members brave enough to take on the ride.

19 hours ago, Travisma said:

At the base of Starflyer, there is a café and ice cream stand, you can always got to them and take pictures of the shocked people as they get off the ride.

I'm not sure putting food service below the ride is the best idea.

2 hours ago, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

Oh, to be young and fearless again!  Or maybe not.

You know there is something about being older and wiser. All so I worked for a company that was safety centered, main idea was think what might happen and don't take a chance.

Edited by BigTom
spelling
15 minutes ago, BigTom said:

You know there is something about being older and wiser. All so I worked for a company that was safety centered, main idea was think what might happen and don't take a chance.

Yep.  At this point I'm not into taking chances.  Plus the fact that I'd pass out before I got to the top of the ride.

1 hour ago, Beckers said:

Really? That seems low! 

Remember, that is for about 4 minutes.  That's what was stated on a local news story the other night and I verified it on their web site.  For $12, almost seems worth it.  If they get a lot of people doing it for that price it may be worth it for them.

29 minutes ago, djsamuel said:

Remember, that is for about 4 minutes.  That's what was stated on a local news story the other night and I verified it on their web site.  For $12, almost seems worth it.  If they get a lot of people doing it for that price it may be worth it for them.

That would be the longest 4 mins of my life 😂 $12 really doesn’t seem bad