Lasseter leaving Disney and Pixar at end of year

Here are the details:  Enjoy!

http://doctordisney.com/2018/06/08/john-lasseter-permanently-leaving-disney-and-pixar-by-end-of-2018/

John Lasseter Permanently Leaving Disney And Pixar By End Of 2018

JUNE 8, 2018 BY DOCTOR DISNEY 1 COMMENT

It’s something that a lot of people kind of saw coming, but one that has brought about a lot of mixed feelings. Many look at what was and what could have been while also seeing that this is what was going to happen no matter what.

By the end of 2018, John Lasseter will be permanently leaving Pixar Animation Studios and the Walt Disney Company. This comes after a six-month leave of absence which was a result of Lasseter admitting “missteps” in the workplace.

john lasseter leaving disney pixar 2018 permanently

In November of last year, Lasseter took a six-month leave of absence due to the allegations brought against him and his conduct in the workplace. The time has come for a decision to be made since that leave of absence has now expired and Disney issued an official statement on Friday.

“John had a remarkable tenure at Pixar and Disney Animation, reinventing the animation business, taking breathtaking risks, and telling original, high quality stories that will last forever,” said Robert A. Iger, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, The Walt Disney Company.  “We are profoundly grateful for his contributions, which included a masterful and remarkable turnaround of The Walt Disney Animation Studios.  One of John’s greatest achievements is assembling a team of great storytellers and innovators with the vision and talent to set the standard in animation for generations to come.

The last six months have provided an opportunity to reflect on my life, career and personal priorities,” said John Lasseter. “While I remain dedicated to the art of animation and inspired by the creative talent at Pixar and Disney, I have decided the end of this year is the right time to begin focusing on new creative challenges.  I am extremely proud of what two of the most important and prolific animation studios have achieved under my leadership and I’m grateful for all of the opportunities to follow my creative passion at Disney.”

John Lasseter will step into a “consulting role” at The Walt Disney Company, but that is only going to last until Dec. 31, 2018.

The role that Lasseter did hold will now be spread out as others take on larger roles within the company. Frozen director Jennifer Lee and UP! director Pete Docter are set to take on more responsibility at both Walt Disney Animation and Pixar after Lasseter officially leaves at the end of 2018.

For now, there has been no-one named to actually step in and take his place.

Article excerpt and pictures courtesy of doctordisney.com.  Link to complete article is above.