Jump to content

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, ImDownWithDisney said:

The bed height on trucks these days is just stupid.

Exactly!  I had to keep a folding stool in the truck so Linda could get it.  

We went looking at the Colorados and they are terrible too. Very poor cab design, every time I tried to get in I was bumping my head.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The market has dictated that higher, beefier looking trucks sell.  Primarily to people that don't actually use them as "trucks"...they just want to look cool.  

Nice truck, BTW, Blake.  I hope you get a lot of enjoyment from it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DaveInTN said:

The market has dictated that higher, beefier looking trucks sell.  Primarily to people that don't actually use them as "trucks"...they just want to look cool.  

Nice truck, BTW, Blake.  I hope you get a lot of enjoyment from it.  

 Thanks,  Dave.

 

Marketing...yep. they should offer a normal bed for us that actually need to use the bed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/19/2018 at 9:15 PM, PGHFiend said:

That's almost 2 full 35 gallon tanks with the v10. Can't wait to hear more. 

Just did a day trip to the smokies. 436 miles total today. Ran 72 to 75 on the interstate, did some 2 lanes, and a trip through the park and cades cove (lots of stop and go). Computer said an average of 16.0 mpg for the trip. I'm pretty happy with that for a truck with 4.30 gears. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, ImDownWithDisney said:

Just did a day trip to the smokies. 436 miles total today. Ran 72 to 75 on the interstate, did some 2 lanes, and a trip through the park and cades cove (lots of stop and go). Computer said an average of 16.0 mpg for the trip. I'm pretty happy with that for a truck with 4.30 gears. 

I know with my 2006 Ram (regular gas), if I set the cruise control to 58 to 60 I can get about 22 to 24 MPG on the interstate.

Once I push it past 60 I can see the mileage drop to the 17 to 18 range.

Of course this is driving in flat FL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Travisma said:

I know with my 2006 Ram (regular gas), if I set the cruise control to 58 to 60 I can get about 22 to 24 MPG on the interstate.

Once I push it past 60 I can see the mileage drop to the 17 to 18 range.

Of course this is driving in flat FL.

I don't think I could go that slow on the interstate if it gave me 100 mpg. Unless they lower the speed back to 55 mph

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, LONE-STAR said:

I don't think I could go that slow on the interstate if it gave me 100 mpg. Unless they lower the speed back to 55 mph

Well that because everything is 4 hours apart in Texas!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Travisma said:

Well that because everything is 4 hours apart in Texas!

True plus I run to Florida often 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 11:20 AM, Travisma said:

I know with my 2006 Ram (regular gas), if I set the cruise control to 58 to 60 I can get about 22 to 24 MPG on the interstate.

Once I push it past 60 I can see the mileage drop to the 17 to 18 range.

Of course this is driving in flat FL.

Yeah, speed kills mileage. I just drive what speed I want and pay the price.

I am surprised that the 450 with 4.30 gears gets the same as my 350 with 4.10's. The extra gear in the 450's transmission sure helps. They both turn about the same rpm at 75. My 350 would get 10-11 pulling our toyhauler at 65-70 mph. I am curious what the 450 will do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We got back a week ago from a Southwest 7,000 mi round trip from NJ.  We have 2015 F350 carrying Lance 4,500 lb bed camper. The the cruise control, exhaust break and tow haul features got a work out.  No only for the inclines, also the many 4%, 6% and even 1 10% declines.  Great looking F-450 you got.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BeckersDadJohn said:

We got back a week ago from a Southwest 7,000 mi round trip from NJ.  We have 2015 F350 carrying Lance 4,500 lb bed camper. The the cruise control, exhaust break and tow haul features got a work out.  No only for the inclines, also the many 4%, 6% and even 1 10% declines.  Great looking F-450 you got.

Thank you...can't wait to make that trip to the southwest. I really wish we had a slide in for that trip. I've thought about buying a used one then selling it afterwards. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ImDownWithDisney said:

I pulled a 7,500 lb load the other day with the 450. It felt like pulling a small lawn trailer. This thing is going to drag our toyhauler down the road. 

I love modern diesel trucks they tow so much better then the old ones. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×