Pulled the trigger on a 2018 F450 Lariat Ultimate yesterday. It was a special order that didn't get purchased. It's loaded with everything that a platinum has except the sunroof. Can't wait to pull in the mountains now. The adaptive cruise, collision avoidance, and 6 cameras should make it much more enjoyable than our old TV.

Screenshot_20180614-201839.jpg

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice find, congrats!!!!!!!! That would have been my choice in a brand new truck but just did not like the price tag, got lucky and found our Kenworth and Smart car as a package all ready to tow a 5th wheel. That truck will serve you well and you will love the power for climbing.

4 hours ago, dblr....Rennie said:

Very nice find, congrats!!!!!!!! That would have been my choice in a brand new truck but just did not like the price tag, got lucky and found our Kenworth and Smart car as a package all ready to tow a 5th wheel. That truck will serve you well and you will love the power for climbing.

If I didn't need a truck for business I would definitely go the route that you did. There are some deals out there.

45 minutes ago, Cortezcapt (Derek) said:

Very nice, won't lie I'm a little jealous.......

Thank you

34 minutes ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Wow...awesome!!

I am hoping it will be awesome. I haven't bought a brand new truck in 14 years. I'm a little excited.

5 hours ago, LONE-STAR said:

Congratulations I know you have been wanting that truck for a long time now.

Thanks! Yeah, I have had my an eye on one for a while now. Hopefully, it will live up to what I think it will be like. We are hoping to tour the southwest next summer. I knew my old truck would not be fully up to the task of towing those long mountain passes.

1 hour ago, PGHFiend said:

Sweet! I've told the wife a few times that if I could get it in the garage we'd get a 450 for sure.  That's a relay nice truck, and you have to give us serious, no BS mpg numbers empty and with your 5er. 

Can't wait to hear how you like it  

Congratulations 

Thanks. Will do

3 minutes ago, PGHFiend said:

So the payload is equal to hauling an entire f150! Nice!

Yeah pretty much. 

Just got home from Indiana.  Truck showed 15.1 mpg on the computer with mixed 2 lane, city, and freeway driving. I used a lot of surface roads to help break the motor in. Left with a full tank. 490 miles later pulled into the driveway with just over a 1/4 tank. 

9 hours ago, ImDownWithDisney said:

I'll say this.  Adaptive cruise on the superduty is a game changer. It is so relaxing. It will hold speed on any ascent or descent...even if it has to stand on the brakes or use the exhaust brake. I can't wait to tow with it. 

You are going to have a hard time keeping that BIG GRIN off your face, others will be looking at you trying to figure out what is going on!!!!!!

2 hours ago, nutters4nutters said:

I follow Big Truck, Big RV on you tube and he seems to love the F450 for the turning radius.  Sweet truck, enjoy!

Thanjs! Yeah, I follow him too. The turning radius is great.  Honestly, without the turning radius I would have just bought a 350. There is really not much difference between them....basically gears, 19.5 wheels, and wide track front axle. 

The bed height on trucks these days is just stupid. My 5'er rides a little lower than some, but it is way too low to ride level on the new truck. I hitched up yesterday to test it. 9" nose high with 7" bed rail clearance. Now I was installing a flat bed anyway for hauling, but if not I would have a heck of time modifying the trailer to raise it. Plus the height is already close to 13'. I just dont understand why they design it so high. I'm 5'10" and the tailgate touches my shoulder. /rant