Easter Eggs, Incredibles 2, Huh? (Warning: Spoliers)

Ok, call me dumb.  I had NO IDEA what these egg things were.  I learned something today.  I knew about all the things hidden in the movies, but never did I know what they were actually called.  If you haven't seen the movie and don't want to know, wait to look at this until after.  It is really neat.  Thanks to doctordisney.com for the info, enjoy!

http://doctordisney.com/2018/06/16/check-out-easter-eggs-you-may-have-missed-in-pixars-incredibles-2-pizza-planet-truck-luxo-ball-more/

Check Out Easter Eggs You May Have Missed In Pixar’s ‘Incredibles 2’ – Pizza Planet Truck, Luxo Ball, More

JUNE 16, 2018 BY DOCTOR DISNEY LEAVE A COMMENT

Incredibles 2 is already tearing up the box office and it has only been out less than 48 hours, and that simply means…go see it now if you haven’t! If you have seen it, you’ll likely want to go see it again in case you missed any of the following Easter Eggs.

Warning – There are SPOILERS ahead!

incredibles 2 pixar disney easter eggs spoilers

Again, as one would expect with a post about Easter Eggs in a movie, there are SPOILERS ahead for Incredibles 2. If you don’t want to know anything ahead of time, then, stop reading now.

1.) John Ratzenberger is back again for another character and is voicing the role of the Underminer. The Cheers alum has provided a voice in every single Pixar movie and he’s doing it again without missing a beat.

Oh, and if you stay for the credits…the Underminer is featured in the splash animation which means he may return again one day. Remember, he’s still never been caught by anyone.

2.) Speaking of the credits…don’t bother staying all the way through them as there is no extra scene.

3.) A113 – Yes, the overly significant letter/number sequence representing the classroom at Cal-Arts where many Pixar animators attended class. It appears a few times in Incredibles 2, so, keep your eyes peeled:

• On the side of the runaway train
  • On a license plate
  • On the movie marquee displaying Dementia 113 near the end of the movie – This one is a cool one as Dementia 13 is a real horror film from Francis Coppola, but in Incredibles 2, an extra number is added and the “A” stands out as it is in red

4.) Red hero phones – Winston tells some of the heroes about red phones which were direct lines to supers when his parents needed them. Those phones are exactly what was used to call Batman and Robin in the old Batman TV series.

5.) Hidden Mickey – When Elastigirl is going through the hideout of the Screenslaver, the hypnotism display has a screen which is in the tri-circle Mickey head.

6.) Luxo Ball – When Mr. Incredible places Jack-Jack down in his crib to go to sleep, there is a seal on the outside of it with the famous Luxo (Pixar) Ball on its nose.

incredibles 2 luxo ball easter eggs

7.) Pizza Planet Truck – Director Brad Bird has the not-so-distinct honor of having the only film (Incredibles) in the Pixar universe to not feature the famous Pizza Planet truck. Well, he wasn’t going to make the same mistake twice, but he did say Incredibles 2 would have the truck in it…but it would be a truck that looks like one of the time period in the film.

When Elastigirl finally catches up to Screenslaver, or so she thinks, she ends up knocking him out of a window and down to the street below. That’s where the truck shows up.

Big props to Christian Milan for the screenshot.

incredibles 2 pizza planet truck

8.) Toy Story 4 – As always, each Pixar movie has an Easter Egg for the next Pixar movie and in the case of Incredibles 2, it is for Toy Story 4. The only problem is that no-one will probably have any earthly idea what it is until we see Toy Story 4 next year when it comes out on June 21, 2019.

Movie sets supervisor Nathan Fariss confirmed there is an Easter Egg for that movie in Incredibles 2, but good luck finding it.

“It probably won’t make any sense until Toy Story 4 comes out. I didn’t even know anything about it before. You might see it and go, ‘What the heck is that?’ And then move on.”

There are likely a number of other Easter Eggs in Incredibles 2, but have you found any?

article excerpt and pictures courtesy of doctordisney.com and disney

On 6/17/2018 at 12:44 PM, AuburnJen said:

4.) Red hero phones – Winston tells some of the heroes about red phones which were direct lines to supers when his parents needed them. Those phones are exactly what was used to call Batman and Robin in the old Batman TV series.

Saw Incredibles 2 on Saturday. I noticed this!   (I'm old).