Blueberry Lemon Cake

I found this recipe and I do believe I will be making this shortly as my sweet tooth is kicking in...

https://natashaskitchen.com/blueberry-lemon-cake/

Blueberry Lemon Cake Recipe (VIDEO)

This Blueberry Lemon Cake is loaded with 1 pound of blueberries and every bite has sweet pops of juicy blueberry and fresh lemon flavor. It’s not too sweet and not too tangy, but just right. This is my favorite tea/ coffee lemon blueberry cake and it’s easy, easy, easy!!

Moist and soft Blueberry Lemon Cake. A blueberry cake with blueberries inside and out

I love having recipes like this which come together quickly and are perfect for un-planned company and my evening sweet-tooth cravings. Bite into this while it’s still a little warm and you’ll have no words, only sound effects… mmm!

This blueberry lemon cake is perfectly satisfying on it’s own without any kind of frosting. A generous dusting of powdered sugar is all you need. It is moist, fluffy and tastes like a decadent blueberry muffin from a fancy bakery.

MY LATEST VIDEOS

For reals though, it’s really really good! Watch the blueberry lemon cake video tutorial to see just how easy it is!

Lemon Blueberry Cake Slice of blueberry cake

You’ll make this cake again and again! Go ahead and print a few extra copies of the recipe since you will likely get some recipe requests for this blueberry lemon cake :).

Ingredients for Blueberry Lemon Cake:

This lemon blueberry cake is so quick and easy to make. It is our go-to for unexpected company and it always disappears fast! P.S. This homemade vanilla extract makes it even better!

Blueberry Lemon Cake is so moist and soft. Every bite of this blueberry cake is bursting with juicy blueberry flavor. An easy, excellent tea or coffee cake! | natashaskitchen.com

Important Tips for Success:

*Click here for easy video tutorial on how to measure dry and wet ingredients correctly.

***Reader Polina wrote that she “used the Stonefield whole milk yogurt for the recipe – turned out perfect soft and very moist.”

****On baking in a Tube pan: Reader, Kelly, writes: “I did this a a tube pan and upped all the ingredients by half. I was feeding 2 families :). I used the “Baking Happy” Pam non stick spray with flour and it popped out beautifully. It baked for 55 mins, and was perfect!!! Since the pan is larger, upping the ingredients by half was a perfect fit for the pan- once baked, the cake cake right to the top. I sprinkled with powdered sugar. Delicious recipe…everyone loved it! Thanks so much!!!”

Can I Substitute Frozen Blueberries for Baking?

If using frozen blueberries, thaw in refrigerator and drain any excess juice then in step #4: toss with a full 1 Tbsp of starch and do not add lemon juice to blueberries. Do not add more than 16 oz blueberries or they start to weigh the cake down.

How To Make Blueberry Lemon Cake:

Prep: Lightly butter a 9-inch springform pan**** and line the bottom with parchment paper. Preheat Oven to 375˚F.

1. Beat 2 eggs and 1 cup sugar with whisk attachment on high speed 5 minutes or until lightened in color and thick.

Blueberry-Lemon-Cake-7-600x450.jpg

2. Add 1 cup sour cream, 1/2 cup oil, 1 tsp vanilla, 1/4 tsp salt and whisk on low speed until well combined.

Blueberry-Lemon-Cake-8-600x450.jpg

3. Whisk together the 2 cups flour with 2 tsp baking powder then add to batter 1/3 at a time, whisking to incorporate between each addition (DO NOT OVERMIX or the cake will be dense). Finally, add 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice and 1/2 Tbsp lemon zest. (I really like to use this lemon zester).

Blueberry-Lemon-Cake-9-600x450.jpg

4. Rinse blueberries and drain well. Transfer to a medium bowl add 1/2 Tbsp corn starch and 1 tsp lemon juice. Stir until well combined and no dry white cornstarch remains. If using frozen blueberries, see note above. 

Blueberry-Lemon-Cake-10-600x450.jpg

5. Pour half of the batter into the prepared springform pan and even out the top with a spatula. Top with half of the blueberries. Spread with remaining batter then sprinkle the rest of the blueberries evenly over the top, pushing them about halfway into the batter. Bake at 375˚F for 45 to 55 minutes (mine was perfect at 55 min), or until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Let cake rest in the pan for 15-20 minutes then remove ring and cool until room temp or just warm.

Blueberry Lemon Cake is so moist and soft. Every bite of this blueberry cake is bursting with juicy blueberry flavor. An easy, excellent tea or coffee cake! | natashaskitchen.com

Serve dusted with powdered sugar.

Watch How to Make Blueberry Lemon Cake:

Blueberry Lemon Cake

4.71 from 274 votes
Prep Time: 15 minutes

Cook Time: 55 minutes

Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
This Blueberry Lemon Cake is loaded with 1 pound of blueberries and every bite has sweet pops of juicy blueberry and fresh lemon flavor. It's not too sweet and not too tangy, but just right.
Author: Natasha of NatashasKitchen.com
Skill Level: Easy
Cost to Make: $8-$10
Calories: 353 kcal
Servings: 10 people (9" blueberry cake)

Ingredients

• 2 large eggs
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 cup sour cream (8oz)
  • 1/2 cup light olive oil or vegetable oil
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour*
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1 medium lemon zest and juice, divided
  • 1/2 Tbsp corn starch
  • 16 oz fresh blueberries **
  • Powdered sugar to dust the top optional

Instructions

Prep:

1. Lightly butter a 9-inch springform pan and line the bottom with parchment. Preheat Oven to 375˚F.

How to Make Blueberry Lemon Cake:

1. Beat 2 eggs and 1 cup sugar with whisk attachment on high speed 5 min, or until light in color and thick.
  2. Add 1 cup sour cream, 1/2 cup oil, 1 tsp vanilla, 1/4 tsp salt and whisk on low speed until well combined.
  3. Whisk together the 2 cups flour with 2 tsp baking powder then add to batter 1/3 at a time, whisking to incorporate with each addition (DO NOT OVERMIX). Finally, add 1 Tbsp lemon juice and 1/2 Tbsp zest.
  4. Rinse blueberries and drain well. In a medium bowl, toss blueberries with 1/2 Tbsp corn starch and 1 tsp lemon juice, stirring until well combined and no dry white cornstarch remains.
  5. Pour half of batter into prepared springform pan and spread evenly. Top with half of the blueberries. Spread with remaining batter then sprinkle the rest of the blueberries evenly over the top, pushing them slightly into the batter (about halfway). Bake at 375˚F for 45 to 55 min (mine was perfect at 55 min), or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cake rest in the pan 15-20 min then remove ring and cool until room temp or just warm. Serve dusted with powdered sugar.

Recipe Notes

**If using frozen blueberries, thaw and drain then in step #4: toss with 1 Tbsp cornstarch and omit lemon juice. Do not add more than 16 oz blueberries
or they weigh down the cake. 
*measure flour by spooning into measuring cup then scraping off the top.

Nutrition Facts
Blueberry Lemon Cake

Amount Per Serving
Calories 353Calories from Fat 144

% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16g25%
Saturated Fat 4g20%
Cholesterol 44mg15%
Sodium 91mg4%
Potassium 222mg6%
Total Carbohydrates 48g16%
Dietary Fiber 2g8%
Sugars 25g
Protein 4g8%

Vitamin A4.3%
Vitamin C12.5%
Calcium8.3%
Iron9.4%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Article excerpt and pictures courtesy of natashaskitchen.com.  Full article link is located above.