A mini EPCOT report

I took off work early yesterday to beat the traffic heading towards WDW on the dreaded I-4.

Things went pretty smoothly. There was a slight slowdown as soon as we got onto I-4 from I-75.  Once that cleared up, it was smooth sailing all the way to WDW.  Not even a slowdown at 27.

My wife and I wanted to enjoy our extended Silver Pass time bonus time before it expired on the 29th (yeah, we cut it close) and go see the Guardians show and try to score some Donald passholder magnets.

We got to the American stage a few minutes after 5:30 and it was empty.  The CM said there was lightning within 5? miles so the show had been cancelled and to come back at 6:45.  

So we went over to Morocco and ate at the Tangerine Cafe.  We had the pita slider plate that we split.  It was really good and filling enough for the two of us.

We were able to catch the boat from the World Showcase over to FutureWorld.  It's been years since we rode on one of those.

We got to Mouse Gear, went to the register where they had sold passholder items in the past and asked for the magnets.  The CM said we needed to head over to the fitting rooms.  We figured there was a register there, but when we walked up there was a CM with a tablet and a carpenters type apron around her waist.  We asked about the magnets, she scanned our bands and pulled the magnets out of her apron pocket.

It was time to head back to see the Guardians show.  We got up to the bridge between China and the outpost and they were starting to shut the gate because the firework barges were coming out.  We scooted around the one barrier and got thru before it was totally blocked off.  They bring those barges out early, it was only 6:30.

We made it to the show a couple minutes after it started.

Overall it was a good show.  The music and special effects were great.  The banter/acting was a little hokey, but overall it was a show you should definitely see.

Afterwards it was a trip to France to get ice cream, then a walk over to Canada to see their newest musical show.

It was the Blueberry Grass Band.  They covered a lot of rock songs bluegrass style.  Again it was a great show and worth taking the time to see.

This was the second or third time we've done a late afternoon trip to WDW and it's definitely a nicer experience.  It's not as crowded and the temps did drop a little.

If I get a chance I'll try to upload some pictures of the Guardian show.

51 minutes ago, Travisma said:

We got to Mouse Gear, went to the register where they had sold passholder items in the past and asked for the magnets.  The CM said we needed to head over to the fitting rooms.  We figured there was a register there, but when we walked up there was a CM with a tablet and a carpenters type apron around her waist.  We asked about the magnets, she scanned our bands and pulled the magnets out of her apron pocket..

A CM was right at the front door today... 🙂

The last couple times it hasn't been too bad.  Even coming home wasn't bad.  There was a backup westbound at the ChampionGate exit. The traffic was solid from the stoplight onto the slow lane of I-4 and back towards Disney for about a mile.

It is a crap shoot at 27, I guess you just have to plan that it's going to be bad.