Another Change at Trail's End Takeout

The TCD gang was at the Fort last weekend and we partook in a take-out fried chicken meal from Trail's End. Twin #2 actually went and ordered the meal and brought it back. She reported that fries are no longer an option as a side itemwith the take-out chicken meal. The CM who waited on her told her that there wasn't even a button on the register that she could push. That sounded odd, but that's what happened. 

Today, I paid a visit to the Fort and stopped by Trail's End. Sure enough, fries are not listed as one of the available side items:

IMG_3127_zpsk8mh4kg5.jpg

This is odd, because they still serve fries with other menu items listed on the menu. 

What the Fort?

TCD 

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hah!  Around here I'm pretty sure they hand out prizes for the best thread derailment.

The term "giddyup and go" is offensive appropriation of Cowboy cultural terminology.  Disney is simply doing the right thing by listening to the cowboy population and respecting their social norms.  #

And that's why we stock the bar before we leave home.  I can buy 2 bottles of my latest favorite everyday red at Trader Joes for that. 

I never knew fries were an option.  Cowboy beans and Mac and cheese.  Why would you want anything else?

1 hour ago, ftwildernessguy said:

I never knew fries were an option.  Cowboy beans and Mac and cheese.  Why would you want anything else?

Back 10 years ago or so we always got fries and they were steak fries.  Yes, that's right....STEAK FRIES.  And they used to give us an entire chicken bucket full of the darn things!  I could just sit at one of those picnic tables on the porch with a bucket of steak fries and a couple hundred packets of ketchup.  But then imagine our disappointment one year when we ordered the fries and they were the typical Disney fries.  And served in a small container.  That night is when the magic died for me.  That's when I realized pixie dust was bogus.  They killed my dreams.  

You telling me they can make fries out of steak?  And I thought the death of the cinnamon bun on Main Street was when the magic died for you.

Well that's a bummer!  

14 hours ago, ftwildernessguy said:

Double mashed potatoes, gravy on the side.

Or if DH is feeling like a change, mashed potatoes + mac and cheese.  Because CARBS.

13 hours ago, DaveInTN said:

Back 10 years ago or so we always got fries and they were steak fries.  Yes, that's right....STEAK FRIES.  And they used to give us an entire chicken bucket full of the darn things!  I could just sit at one of those picnic tables on the porch with a bucket of steak fries and a couple hundred packets of ketchup.  But then imagine our disappointment one year when we ordered the fries and they were the typical Disney fries.  And served in a small container.  That night is when the magic died for me.  That's when I realized pixie dust was bogus.  They killed my dreams.  

May we please have a moment of silence for the continuing disappearance of proper steak fries from all around WDW.  😪

22 hours ago, ftwildernessguy said:

Because the wife is a mashed potatoes with gravy person. For me if the Mac and cheese is good there is no question about ordering it. Otherwise I'll just share the wife's mashed potatoes.

33 minutes ago, keith_h said:

Because the wife is a mashed potatoes with gravy person. For me if the Mac and cheese is good there is no question about ordering it. Otherwise I'll just share the wife's mashed potatoes.

Not only is the mac and cheese good, it is the only Mac and cheese I have had that tastes good the next day warmed up in the microwave.

1 hour ago, Mrs.TN22 said:

We just got home from the Fort - even though fries aren't listed, we were able to get fries with the 2 piece chicken meal..even ordered double fries.  This was on Saturday 6/30.

Classic. I knew it couldn't be right that fries were not available as a side. For a long time Cowboy Beans were not listed as a side, but they were available. I guess correctly printing the menu is too challenging for the staff. 

TCD 

14 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

You need to visit the POFQ quick serve. They have beautiful steak fries. 

TCD 

Thanks for the tip!  Definitely making a note of that.

12 hours ago, Mrs.TN22 said:

We just got home from the Fort - even though fries aren't listed, we were able to get fries with the 2 piece chicken meal..even ordered double fries.  This was on Saturday 6/30.

Good to know! Follow my theory for lots of things at Disney - always ask, you never know what answer you might get.

12 hours ago, DaveInTN said:

Have you ever had Mo's lobster mac n cheese?

Careful - I've heard that stuff might kill you.  ;)

16 hours ago, ftwildernessguy said:

Not only is the mac and cheese good, it is the only Mac and cheese I have had that tastes good the next day warmed up in the microwave.

We try to eat at TE for our departure meal. We park the truck and trailer in the overflow lot and take the bus back to the Settlement. I'll be sure to keep an eye out for the Mac & Cheese.

• 4 months later...

We ordered the 8 piece chicken dinner as our first night meal. It is no longer referred to as the Giddyap and Go. The CM didn't even know what I was talking about!!! We got beans and mashed potatoes and gravy. The meal was good. They did throw in some extra cornbread for us. Yummy!!!!

12 minutes ago, caveat lector said:

I don't understand why they would change the name on such a popular item.  Charge more......sure. Give less food.......of course.  But why change the name.

The term "giddyup and go" is offensive appropriation of Cowboy cultural terminology.  Disney is simply doing the right thing by listening to the cowboy population and respecting their social norms.  #yeehawbobisnext