Another Change at Trail's End Takeout

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hah!  Around here I'm pretty sure they hand out prizes for the best thread derailment.

The term "giddyup and go" is offensive appropriation of Cowboy cultural terminology.  Disney is simply doing the right thing by listening to the cowboy population and respecting their social norms.  #

And that's why we stock the bar before we leave home.  I can buy 2 bottles of my latest favorite everyday red at Trader Joes for that. 

• 1 month later...
On 1/7/2019 at 8:21 AM, Strawberry Moon said:

I've noticed wine is $9 a glass no matter where you get it at the Fort - even from the cooler in the trading posts.

And that's why we stock the bar before we leave home.  I can buy 2 bottles of my latest favorite everyday red at Trader Joes for that.  ;)

Box o wine is 15 bucks at the local wine store and it lasts all vacation

58 minutes ago, Travisma said:

Only two?

Aldis you can get 3!

I still haven't been to Aldis.  We've finally got a couple nearby - gotta check them out.

41 minutes ago, ftwildernessguy said:

Box o wine is 15 bucks at the local wine store and it lasts all vacation

And you can stretch it even longer if you add vodka/brandy and fruit and make sangria with it.  

39 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

I still haven't been to Aldis.  We've finally got a couple nearby - gotta check them out.

And you can stretch it even longer if you add vodka/brandy and fruit and make sangria with it.  

Our Aldis are having issues keeping the shelves stocked.

They have gotten more and more popular and more crowded lately.

Good for their bottom line, not so good for the shoppers.

You can definitely save $$$ by shopping there.

We love Aldi’s.  They have some pretty nice specialty items at Christmas time

6 minutes ago, ftwildernessguy said:

We've been shopping there since they first arrived in Tampa maybe 4 years ago.

Their pricing is odd though.

We have 2 near our house, they are in the same zip code.

One has eggs for 50 cents a dozen, no limit and milk is $2.87

Other one eggs are 55 cents limit 3 dozen and milk is $2.50.

I could see if they were in different counties or 15 miles apart, but these are maybe 2 to 3 miles apart.

But they are still our go to stores.

2 hours ago, ftwildernessguy said:

2 hours ago, Travisma said:

... they are still our go to stores.

8 minutes ago, djsamuel said:

Ok y'all have convinced me I need to go check out the Aldi.  🙂

53 minutes ago, Travisma said:

And now Lidl has invaded the US.

They are like Aldi on steroids but still the low prices.  They have delis, bakeries, smoked meats and some clothing.

We go to Aldi's quite a bit. On staples they are less expensive than Walmart or the membership stores and we don't have to buy in bulk. The one we go to has been crowded lately. I'm hoping that will change with the new store they are building in our town. However even when they are crowded they don't waste anytime opening up more checkouts so things still move pretty quickly.

Lidl has been starting to build around here. One effect it has had is older Aldi stores being remodeled and increased in size. We are just waiting for one to get close enough to us to see what they are like.

We have an Aldi's in our area.  For us, we only go there every few months to purchase some beef that we freeze.  Other than that, haven't been blown away by the store near us.

Lidl is opening two stores within 5 miles of us.  One this next weekend (I think) and the other, a few weeks after that.  It will be interesting to see exactly what the store is.

37 minutes ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

We have an Aldi's in our area.  For us, we only go there every few months to purchase some beef that we freeze.  Other than that, haven't been blown away by the store near us.

Lidl is opening two stores within 5 miles of us.  One this next weekend (I think) and the other, a few weeks after that.  It will be interesting to see exactly what the store is.

A lot of times when a new Lidil opens they mail out their add which sometimes has a $10 off coupon if you spend  $40 or $50, if they have some of their good meat sales and combine it with the coupon it is a nice savings. The adds at the store do not have the coupon, the first time we went we forgot the add we received but the cashier looked thru his drawer and found a coupon for us to use which we thought was very nice.

4 hours ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Seems like Lidl are opening stores in the mid-Atlantic states area.

A friend works in Raleigh and she said they opened one there last summer.

My nephew lives just above Charlotte and they opened one not far from him.

I see member tags with NC, DE, and GA saying they are there or opening.

I hope they hit FL soon.

Then again, Aldi was in parts of NY long before they came to FL.

I have a friend that is in Europe now, and she found an Aldi in Austria, but they are called Hofer there.

Had the same logo on their signs.

7 minutes ago, Travisma said:

Seems like they are opening stores in the mid-Atlantic states area.

I hope they hit FL soon.

I have a friend that is in Europe now, and she found an Aldi in Austria, but they are called Hofer there.

Aldi.  Is a German owned and based company. Unfortunately the closest Aldi is about 25 miles away so we don’t shop there often. But occasionally I crave some German treats from my childhood  and I can always find something there to satisfy my craving. 

But I always forget to bring sacks.

And a quarter. Lol

49 minutes ago, dblr....Rennie said:

A lot of times when a new Lidil opens they mail out their add which sometimes has a $10 off coupon if you spend  $40 or $50, if they have some of their good meat sales and combine it with the coupon it is a nice savings. The adds at the store do not have the coupon, the first time we went we forgot the add we received but the cashier looked thru his drawer and found a coupon for us to use which we thought was very nice.

I'll keep an eye out for the coupon...thanks for the tip :) 

10 minutes ago, Travisma said:

Seems like they are opening stores in the mid-Atlantic states area.

I hope they hit FL soon.

I have a couple friend (not in our area) who shop at Aldi and really like it.  I think it store is different... which makes sense as I know that's how it is with the Publix down here (they don't all carry the same stuff). 

It will be interesting to see if Aldi or LIdl can crack the HEB bubble in my neck of the woods.  HEB is a great chain, and South Texans are fiercely loyal to it.  The Aldi's chain is just starting to come into HEB territory.  The closest Aldi's to me is in Pflugerville, which is still a 2 hour drive.  HEB managed to push out the other major chain grocery stores in San Antonio.  If you don't shop HEB, you go to Walmart, SAMS, Costco, or the high end ones like Trader Joe's and Whole Foods.