Can someone give me the 411 on the park policy for wheelchairs and ride access? My wife hasn't been the same since her back surgery in Jan. We're planning on a long weekend trip in 2 weeks. While she absolutely doesn't have to roll around, but if she walks we may get a half day in the parks then she will be laid up for a day or so. We're not interested in abusing the system...just need info on how most lines work for people who need to sit a lot of the time. Thanks

Most lines are now wheelchair accessible so you would roll right on through the lines and then transfer to the ride once you get up to that point. The ones that are not a CM will direct you on where to go. Haunted Mansion for instance will bring you in through the back way once you come off the stretching room and then load you where people get off. 

8 minutes ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

Most lines are now wheelchair accessible so you would roll right on through the lines and then transfer to the ride once you get up to that point. The ones that are not a CM will direct you on where to go. Haunted Mansion for instance will bring you in through the back way once you come off the stretching room and then load you where people get off. 

Thanks for the info, Jason

I'm not in a wheelchair, but I have to use a scooter.  In MK, the only rides that I have problems on are POtC, Peter Pan,  and Buzz Lightyear.  They require me to park my scooter quite a distance away and walk through the queue.  I know on Buzz Lightyear that wheelchairs are available through the queue.  Not sure about POtC or Peter Pan.  Don't remember seeing wheelchairs available at either location.  

No problems in EPCOT or AK.  In HS there are special viewing areas for Indiana Jones and Fantasmic.  Back door access at Star Tours.  Special accessibility ramp at TSM.   

Lots of info on My Disney Experience.  If you need more help, please let me know.

I put this on the Slinky Dog Thread, but it certainly can be mentioned again.  You will need this information.  My dad is going to have back surgery on the 11th and I plan to print this out so we have it.

If you use a scooter or wheelchair, here is the information for Toy Story Land:  Enjoy!
The article is also a comprehensive list for ECV and wheelchairs too!  Bonus!

http://chipandco.com/guests-using-wheelchairs-can-transfer-to-both-rides-at-toy-story-land-313201/

We just got word that if the Guest can transfer on their own or with the help of someone in their party, then they will be able to ride both attractions.

Attraction Access Categories
Walt Disney World attractions offer access for Guests with mobility disabilities in the following categories:

• Must transfer from wheelchair/ECV to ride vehicle
  • Must transfer from ECV to wheelchair
  • Must transfer from ECV to wheelchair, and from wheelchair to ride vehicle
  • May Remain in Wheelchair/ECV

These attractions allow Guests to remain in their wheelchair or Electric Conveyance Vehicle (ECV) during the experience.

Magic Kingdom Park

Jungle Cruise
Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room
Country Bear Jamboree
Raft to Tom Sawyer Island
The Hall of Presidents
Liberty Square Riverboat
Mickey’s PhilharMagic
Walt Disney’s Carousel of Progress
Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor

Epcot

Advanced Training Lab
Innoventions
The Seas with Nemo & Friends® (Turtle Talk with Crush and Bruce’s Shark World)
Journey Into Imagination with Figment
ImageWorks – The “What If” Labs
Mexico Folk Art Gallery
Stave Church Gallery
Reflections of China
House of Whispering Willows
The American Adventure
America Gardens Theatre
Bijutsu-kan Gallery
Gallery of Arts and History
Impressions de France
O Canada!

Disney’s Hollywood Studios

Indiana Jones™ Epic Stunt Spectacular!
Muppet*Vision 3D
Walt Disney Presents
Voyage of the Little Mermaid
Disney Junior – Live on Stage!
Beauty and the Beast – Live on Stage
Fantasmic!
Star Wars: Path of the Jedi
Star Wars Launch Bay

Disney’s Animal Kingdom Park

Tree of Life Garden
Discovery Island® Trails
It’s Tough to be a Bug!®
Festival of the Lion King
The Boneyard
Dino-Sue
Fossil Fun Games
Finding Nemo – The Musical
Gorilla Falls Exploration Trail
Wildlife Express Train
Maharajah Jungle Trek®
Conservation Station®
Rivers of Light

Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park

Tike’s Peak

*Must Be Ambulatory

These attractions require Guests to walk by themselves or be assisted by members of their party.

Magic Kingdom Park

Swiss Family Treehouse
Tom Sawyer Island
Peter Pan’s Flight®
Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover

Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park

Summit Plummet
Downhill Double Dipper

Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park

Keelhaul Falls
Mayday Falls
Gangplank Falls
Humunga Kowabunga
Storm Slides
Bay Slides

Must Transfer from Wheelchair/ECV to Ride Vehicle

These attractions require Guests to transfer from their wheelchair or ECV—by themselves or with assistance from their party—to a ride vehicle.

Magic Kingdom Park

Main Street Vehicles
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad®
Splash Mountain® (transfer device also available)
Haunted Mansion®
The Barnstormer
Dumbo the Flying Elephant®
Mad Tea Party (transfer device also available)
Astro Orbiter
Tomorrowland Speedway (transfer device also available)
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train

Epcot

Soarin’®
Mission: SPACE® (transfer device also available)
Test Track
Frozen Ever After

The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™

Kali River Rapids® (transfer device also available)
Expedition Everest – Legend of the Forbidden Mountain®
Primeval Whirl
Na’vi River Journey (transfer device also available)
DINOSAUR

Blizzard Beach

Slush Gusher
Teamboat Springs
Toboggan Racers
Snow Stormers
Runoff Rapids
Cross Country Creek
Teamboat Springs

Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Park

Castaway Creek
Crush ‘n’ Gusher
Miss Adventure Falls

Must Transfer from ECV to Wheelchair

Guests must transfer to a wheelchair provided at the attraction. At some attractions listed below, the transfer will occur at the entrance, while at other attractions, the transfer will occur within the building or queue.

Magic Kingdom Park

Walt Disney World Railroad
The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
“it’s a small world”®
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Under the Sea ~ Journey of the Little Mermaid
Enchanted Tales with Belle
Stitch’s Great Escape
Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
Prince Charming Regal Carrousel

Epcot

The Seas with Nemo & Friends
Living with the Land
Behind the Seeds
Gran Fiesta Tour Starring The Three Caballeros

Toy Story Mania!

Affection Section
Kilimanjaro Safaris®
TriceraTop Spin

Disney’s Blizzard Beach Park

Chairlift
Melt-Away Bay
Ski Patrol Training Camp

Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park

Typhoon Lagoon Surf Pool
Ketchakiddee Creek

Must Transfer from ECV to Wheelchair, and from Wheelchair to Ride Vehicle

The following attractions require Guests to transfer to an available wheelchair at the attraction, then to transfer from the wheelchair to the ride vehicle. At some attractions below, the transfer to an available wheelchair will occur at the entrance. At others, the transfer to an available wheelchair will occur within the building or queue.

Magic Kingdom Park

Pirates of the Caribbean®
Space Mountain®

Epcot

Spaceship Earth

Star Tours® – The Adventures Continue
Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster® Starring Aerosmith (transfer device also available)

Avatar Flight of Passage (transfer device also available)

Article excerpt courtesy of chipandco.com and full article link is available above.

22 hours ago, ImDownWithDisney said:

Can someone give me the 411 on the park policy for wheelchairs and ride access? My wife hasn't been the same since her back surgery in Jan. We're planning on a long weekend trip in 2 weeks. While she absolutely doesn't have to roll around, but if she walks we may get a half day in the parks then she will be laid up for a day or so. We're not interested in abusing the system...just need info on how most lines work for people who need to sit a lot of the time. Thanks

I would highly recommend renting a scooter from a out side vendor and have it delivered to your resort. Pushing a wheelchair is a lot more work then a stroller at the parks . Plus it will give your wife more freedom. It's not very expensive.

4 minutes ago, LONE-STAR said:

I would highly recommend renting a scooter from a out side vendor and have it delivered to your resort. Pushing a wheelchair is a lot more work then a stroller at the parks . Plus it will give your wife more freedom. It's not very expensive.

X-2.   Yellow Scooter is $19 a day for a 3 wheel.

22 minutes ago, LONE-STAR said:

I would if we were staying at a resort, but we are staying at her parents house just north of MK. So I can't transport a scooter around from park to park as we park hop in the truck. 

36 minutes ago, ImDownWithDisney said:

I would if we were staying at a resort, but we are staying at her parents house just north of MK. So I can't transport a scooter around from park to park as we park hop in the truck. 

I would still check into an off-site rental.  I think some of them would deliver a scooter to you.  Check with Walker Mobility.

• 3 weeks later...

Well we used a wheelchair with fairly good success. It was dicey at AK when we rope dropped Pandora. @$$holes would just push over and cut in front. I just started running into people when that happened....knocked one person flat on their butt. The look on their face was priceless. I will say that there is not 1" of smooth concrete in all of AK. That makes for a bumpy ride.