Walt was smart buying all the land surrounding WDW

For you that have been to Busch Gardens, you know it's smack inside Tampa's city limits and in a so so residential/business area.

This is not to say it would be impossible for someone to get a similar injury on Disney property.

We have similar incidents in and around the Tampa Bay area about every other year.

Man hit with bullet while inside Florida's Busch Gardens theme park

A man celebrating Fourth of July inside Busch Gardens’ Tampa Bay theme park was struck by gunfire on Wednesday -- and police think an Independence Day celebration may be to blame.

Tampa police said the man reported feeling pain in his shoulder around 10 p.m. and investigators later determined he was hit by a stray bullet.

It wasn’t clear where the bullet was fired from, but police believe it came from Independence Day celebrations happening outside the park, FOX13 Tampa reported.

The man, who has not been identified, was taken to a local hospital with non-life threatening injuries.

It was also not the first time someone has been struck with a bullet inside Busch Gardens Tampa Bay on a holiday. On New Year’s Eve 2015, a 20-year-old woman was shot in the leg by another bullet suspected to have come from celebrations, FOX13 Tampa reported.

He learned his lesson from California.  When I went out there, I was shocked at the fact you could walk across the street and go to a hotel not owned by Disney.  If you grow up on the East Coast, going to the West Coast for Disney is a real eye-opener.

34 minutes ago, AuburnJen said:

He learned his lesson from California.  When I went out there, I was shocked at the fact you could walk across the street and go to a hotel not owned by Disney.  If you grow up on the East Coast, going to the West Coast for Disney is a real eye-opener.

You should have seen it in the 70's......Put the MK parking lot right at the boat dock and lake.

Disney has really partnered with Anaheim and cleaned up the area around Disneyland. Yes, you can walk to an offsite hotel, but it is all very nice with well landscaped and wide sidewalks. Disney has actually bought the Disneyland Hotel, the Paradise...... something hotel, and of course added Downtown Disney and the Grand Californian. The two times I went there, I stayed around the corner on Katella, which is still very walkable, and has another shopping area with tons of restaurants right there.

Yes, the outside world is right there, but it's been Disneyfied.