California here we come!

Today we are going back to California Adventure. We got a earlier start today and before we new it we are in. My son rode  guardians of the galaxy ride there was a 10 min wait.We went for a fast pass for Radiator Springs car ride. From last time we new to go to Bugs Land. No fast pass here today they are at the ride. Ok head over there return time 10:40. The park seems less busy today. Meet up with my son he liked the ride even though we have never seen the movie. We take some time to look around the cars area and take some pictures. My husband is a big car guy so he really loved everything here. We then head over to Pixar Pier and went on toy story. My son wanted to go on Pal-Around-Swinging wheel. My husband and I said no way knock your self out. We went and did the bakery tour and got our free sample. Got back just has he was getting on. He got off and we new we made the right choice in not riding he said he felt sick. He went on the swinging cars don't know if he would of been better on none swinging? Went back and rode Radiator Springs Racers. It was just as fun as the night before we lost both races though. My son and I rode Goofy's Sky School. It had a 30 min wait and that's about how long we waited. Fun little coaster we laughed the whole time.We then headed over to Soarin the line was 90 min so we grabbed fast passes. My son was tired and went back to the camper to rest. My husband and I stayed. We went back on Monster inc 20 min wait. We then did Turtle talk with crush loved the fact that you sit in a seat and not on a bench. We went and did the drawing class and did Nemo. We really miss this at MGM so, it was good to do it again. We got Starbucks and took a ride on the Trolley. We watched the Newsies show it was a cute little show. We went in a few shops and bought some shirts for us. By now are fast pass time was almost up for Soarin called my son he was heading in. My husband did not ride this so, my son and I went in line. It took us about 30 min to ride. We then left and headed back to Disneyland we grabbed some fast pass for Big Thunder for that night. We went on Jungle Cruise and Indiana Jones my husband did not like how bumpy it was. We did like the ride though. We walked thru the castle and did the tour. We then headed out. My son wanted a shirt at Curl in Downtown Disney so, we stopped and got that.

We went back to the RV park and got our van. We went back to Pizza Press and got Pizza for lunch tomorrow has we would be heading out and no time to stop. Next we went to Inn and Out Burger for dinner we took it back to the camper. The food was not bad and the service was great very friendly. Now it was getting late and we had fast passes coming due we headed out.

I really wanted to see Paint the Night parade but, did not think we would find a spot if we used our fast passes. My son does not like Parades so he wanted to go on Big Thunder.

My husband decided to ride with my son. We went our separate ways. I new I wanted to be where the parade started so I could get out and meet the boys sooner. It was really getting crowded I was getting worried I would not get a good spot. I was wrong I found a great spot right next to two nice families with a railing to lean up on and, front row. This was at about half hour before the parade. The boys texted me while I was waiting that they rode the ride and where heading over to rides Pirates again. This seemed to be my sons favorite ride. He likes it at Disney World but not like this. I took a ton of pictures and video's of the parade so my husband good see it. I was glad I made the choice to go see it alone it was a really awesome parade.As soon has it was ending I started to leave. It was a little easier to maneuver the crowd when your on your own. I headed out and went back to Disneyland.

The boys where heading over to Space Mountain but, with the crowd for fireworks was taking a while. I went in to the building with Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln. They have some Disney memorabilia in here. I was looking around when I heard the fireworks show A Pixar Nighttime Spectacular start. I headed out and watched it not the best spot but good enough for me.  Got a text the boys where waiting for me at Space Mountain. It was harder to get there than to get out after the parade. The poor workers trying to keep traffic flowing heard one say this is turning into a bottle neck. Again as I was alone I got thru and saw my husband waiting at the entrance to the building he was not riding. It was going to be just  the two of us. As we waited in line I thought how lucky I was to be able to take this trip with my family. trips . My son was waiting for me at the back of the line I called him to get in line as I was walking up the ramp. 45 min wait ended up being a hour. It is weird to be waiting outside for this ride as it was for the other rides also. After this we went back on the Autopia I told you my husband was a car guy and my son a little too. The ride here is longer and more to look it. Was getting late we wanted to ride the train before we left. We waited about 5 min for a train. We got on and was told this train was not making a round trip we would have to get off at Main Street or Toontown. We stayed on and got off in Toowntown. We waited about 10 min for another train we wanted to ride it all the way around. We stayed on till Main street so part of it we saw twice. That was ok we did not want to walk back. This has always is a sad moment when you realize you will not be back tomorrow. I was feeling sentimental knowing that my son is getting older and trips with the three of us might not be to many more. If you have older children you know what I mean. We took some pictures on the way out and made our way back to the RV park. Our last night in California the time went by so fast.

Up next will the lights work?

I wanted to sum up my thoughts on Disneyland. We love the world was nervous if we would like it. Well we loved it more than MK. About half way through day one we all agreed this place is the best. For some reason we loved every ride more. We  did not go on a few things like tea cups we always pass on this anyway. Fantasyland was awesome so, much to do. Now that my son is older we don't spend a lot of time in here but, we spent half a day and could of probably spent a whole one if we took it slow and had lunch or snacks in here. As others have said it is a slower pace. It was weird not picking out rides 60 days in advance. Another weird thing was seeing cast members walking around now I know why the MK was built the way it is. We had great weather. We never felt like we where in the city till you where really outside of the immediate area. Loved all the restaurant choices outside the parks. Saw Alice and Mad Hatter playing games with a group of kids. Cast members super friendly. California Adventure was fun and we liked it. First impression walking in was we where in MGM took a little bit to get used to it. Had some fun rides. Loved the Incredicoaster   and, of course cars land. We did not do any spinning rides here as all three of us don't do well on them. Pixar pier when busy can get hard to move around. Was very pretty at night with all the lights. We had three days in total and probably could of used 2 more. There was a lot we missed. Would love to go back one day. If your thinking about going I would say do it.

Last time waking up in California. We slept in a little and was moving slow today. I made a quick breakfast in the club house again. After that went to do laundry before hitting the road. All the machines where taken. Some where done with clothes in them and some where in use. As I was standing there wondering what to do next a guy walks in and tells me the machines that are done are from last night. It seems he got in to the laundry room right when it opened and clothes where in 2 machines. He advises me to just take them out that's what he would do. I look at my watch we have to be out at 11 I don't have time to wait. I did something I never do I took the clothes out. I was very careful and put them on a chair. Went back to camper and help the boys start packing up. I finish up the laundry in which I never see the owners of the clothes. I'm sorry but I think this is rude! We pull out right about 11. We don't get very far stop at the first Wal-mart we find. We spend 2 hours here while my husband works on the lights. My son and I do some shopping I bought a magnet with the fab 5 on it saying California. Just like the Wal-marts near DW this one had a large selection of Disney stuff. We have double success lights are working and, my son found some video game stuff that was only limited released. We are on are way out see you California.

We took a different route home. My husband had some business to do in Texas and Oklahoma. We drove pretty much straight through into Texas. He got his work done and we are headed onto Oklahoma. We stopped at Whataburger for a late lunch my son loves this place. They had no soap in the men's room found a worker and was told all out. How do they run out of soap completely? I pumped out some in my hands from the women's room and gave to my men. Washed my hands and found out no paper towels or hand dryer. Manager was very apologetic but, some one is not doing their job. Back on the road my son is driving my husband just closes his eyes I hear a noise. My son also hears a noise I look out the back window don't see anything. I ask him how is it driving? Not good was the answer. My husband wakes up and wants to know what's going on. My son has now slowed down and we are getting passed. I look out the back window and see the camper leaning funny. My husband looks back and yells pull over now! My son has only had his license for 2 months. We pull over and the trailer tire is completely shredded and there is a dent on corner of camper. Tire is changed back on the road. My husband is back driving for a while. We get business done in Oklahoma and spend the night there. Found a KOA in Elk City. They have a restaurant attached we are tired don't feel like finding some place to eat we eat there. Service was not the best and I found the prices a little high. My son and I shared a pizza same company has the KOA in Colorado cost me 3 bucks more. The campground is in need of some updating but the bathrooms are clean. Good for a overnight. Up early and head out. Breakfast is cereal bars and snacks on the road.  

Our destination is the KOA near ST Louis. We have stayed here before and really liked it. We hit some storms on the way there. We arrived and it just started to pour rain. I ran in the office checked us in and was given warm cookies. The staff is very friendly here! We found are spot and unhitched the camper and left. As I mentioned before we have a six flags membership. That's where we are headed. It is a five minute drive from the CG. We parked and has we where walking in the rain slowed down. Once we got thru the gate the rain had stopped and stayed stopped. We got some dinner did a few rides and ,walked around. They had fireworks this week for the 4th of July. We stayed and watched them. The park was now closed so back to the CG we went. We had to set up the camper yet but, no rain glad we waited. They did some remodeling in the women's bathroom it was nice. Not sure if they are doing the men's as my husband said they still looked the same. Off to bed are last night of our trip.

We slept in and had a lazy morning. Breakfast was a little bit of this and a little bit of that. Using up what we had left. We packed up and headed back to six flags. We did a few rides had lunch and got a ice cream cone. We just sat people watched and took our time with our ice cream. We did not want vacation to end. Filled up our drink cups and headed out. Made it back home about 9:00. All was well when we got back just as we left it.

We had a great trip and it went by so fast. We met some great people and, made special memories. Thanks for reading along.

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...