So just finished a 2 night stay at the grand Floridian and 2 days in MK,  Last fall when we were down mobile ordering was available but we had dinning plan and you couldn't use dinning credits.  NOW they take dinning plan credits, but we din't have the dinning plan BUT all but 2 or 3 of our meals were ordered through the mobile ordering because the lines for food were insane.  

In my own selfish way I hope this Mobile Ordering doesn't really catch on too much to shift the wait to the mobile people.

The line for a Dole whip was about 20 minutes long.  I ordered mine as we exited the Tiki Room and it was ready within 5 minutes.

I only used it one place this last trip (just got home), because I had forgotten about it.   We were at MK and my daughter wanted Casey's and the line was HUGE,  I remembered the mobile ordering - we ordered her food and had it in 5 minutes.  Then my son and nephew showed up so I ordered them some food too..  We had our food purchased, picked up, and eaten by the time the person we would been behind in line sat down.

Same.  I only did it once on our recent trip, but I was able to order and wait briefly while my wife and youngest stalked for tables at the Pizza place in AK.  Awesome pizza, nowhere near enough tables.  Mobile ordering was amazing because the lines were out into the park!

I used this last New Year's Eve at the Electric Umbrella in Epcot, if it wasn't for mobile ordering I think we would have skipped dinner. This was right after the earlier fireworks and the lines were out of the door. Ordered, walked past everyone to the pickup counter, maybe two people in front of me. 

We were there last week. We used it once at MK.

It would be helpful if they could have the Tables in Wonderland card linked for the discount. That would have been helpful at AK.

It is easy to use and we will have to remember to use it in the future.

16 hours ago, slices said:

I didn't realize there were QS places at AK that took TiW, will have to remember that for next time. Doubt it will ever be linked via the app though.

That is correct, but shhhhhhh. When TiW was first implemented, Animal Kingdom didn't have any sit down restaurants, so quick service was included in the program. They have never updated the computers, so the restaurants still take it.

• 4 months later...

Well this didn't take long...

Fri, November 30, 2018

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2018/11/walt-disney-world-resort-celebrates-1-million-mobile-orders-in-my-disney-experience-app/

Walt Disney World Resort Celebrates 1 Million Mobile Orders in My Disney Experience App

And today, Walt Disney World Resort celebrated a very special milestone for this service: 1 million mobile orders!

Chef Mickey Mouse was on hand at Magic Kingdom Park to commemorate the occasion with the Walt Disney World Resort Ambassadors, as well as cast members who have helped guests order, pick up and enjoy many of these million mobile orders. Together, they surprised and honored the Ramos family from Winston-Salem, North Carolina as they picked up their mobile order of Dole® Whip items at Aloha Isle. Take a look below to see their reaction!

In addition to this unforgettable moment, the Ramoses received a gift card which they can use to pay for up to $500 of food and beverage mobile orders at any of the more than 20 participating quick service dining locations throughout Walt Disney World Resort.

The mobile order service has provided guests like the Ramos family with the convenience and flexibility of ordering hours or even minutes in advance from wherever they happen to be – whether waiting in line at an attraction, on the monorail headed to the parks or even upon their arrival at the restaurant. The service debuted last year and has since expanded to Disneyland Resort as well, currently available at more than 20 quick-service dining locations across Disneyland park and Disney California Adventure park.

And a comment by one of the readers

” the Ramoses received a gift card which they can use to pay for up to $500 of food and beverage mobile orders at any of the more than 20 participating quick service dining locations throughout Walt Disney World Resort.”

How will they be able to use the gift card when the app doesn’t take gift cards for payment?

We’ve used the mobile ordering feature several times. And always at Aloha Isle.  

I wish they would allow us to link a Disney gift card or even better a credit card to our magic band account. We are AP holders and make at least two trips a year to WDW . (this year we will be at Disney 4 times).  At least half, if not more of our visits we stay off property. And we like being able to use your magic bands to pay for dining and merchandise. Another thing I wish they would do is to link our AP to our magic band so you don’t have to pull out your card every time you want your AP discounts 

15 minutes ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

We’ve used the mobile ordering feature several times. And always at Aloha Isle.  

I wish they would allow us to link a Disney gift card or even better a credit card to our magic band account. We are AP holders and make at least two trips a year to WDW . (this year we will be at Disney 4 times).  At least half, if not more of our visits we stay off property. And we like being able to use your magic bands to pay for dining and merchandise. Another thing I wish they would do is to link our AP to our magic band so you don’t have to pull out your card every time you want your AP discounts 

Another thread said it's two different systems, and another reason is you can give your band to anyone so they can get the AP discount.

Now if they set up the MB and pass cards like the SeaWorld/Busch Parks do, you would be secure.  They take your picture the first visit to each park, then when you enter a park your image pops up on a hand held scanner when the scan your pass. They did away with finger scans over a year ago.

I don't think it would be a lot harder to have your image pop up on a screen, after all, your name pops up when you scan your band.

1 hour ago, Travisma said:

Another thread said it's two different systems, and another reason is you can give your band to anyone so they can get the AP discount.

Now if they set up the MB and pass cards like the SeaWorld/Busch Parks do, you would be secure.  They take your picture the first visit to each park, then when you enter a park your image pops up on a hand held scanner when the scan your pass. They did away with finger scans over a year ago.

I don't think it would be a lot harder to have your image pop up on a screen, after all, your name pops up when you scan your band.

I can give my magic band and AP card to anyone. Rarely if ever have they asked for a ID for an AP discount. 

Exaxtly. How difficult would it be to make your pix pop up.  

Typically people spend more money when they use a credit card then when they pay cash.  And my DW and DD think the MB is a free charge account. Lol. 

Come to think of it maybe I don’t want them to be able to charge on their MB. Lol. 

4 hours ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

I can give my magic band and AP card to anyone. Rarely if ever have they asked for a ID for an AP discount. 

Exaxtly. How difficult would it be to make your pix pop up.  

Typically people spend more money when they use a credit card then when they pay cash.  And my DW and DD think the MB is a free charge account. Lol. 

Come to think of it maybe I don’t want them to be able to charge on their MB. Lol. 

We were checked for ID the past 2 weeks everywhere. We also had our kids bands locked so they couldnt charge to them. I also changed the PIN so only I knew it. Helped to keep the tab at the mouse from running up.

7 hours ago, Travisma said:

Well this didn't take long...

Fri, November 30, 2018

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2018/11/walt-disney-world-resort-celebrates-1-million-mobile-orders-in-my-disney-experience-app/

Walt Disney World Resort Celebrates 1 Million Mobile Orders in My Disney Experience App

And today, Walt Disney World Resort celebrated a very special milestone for this service: 1 million mobile orders!

Chef Mickey Mouse was on hand at Magic Kingdom Park to commemorate the occasion with the Walt Disney World Resort Ambassadors, as well as cast members who have helped guests order, pick up and enjoy many of these million mobile orders. Together, they surprised and honored the Ramos family from Winston-Salem, North Carolina as they picked up their mobile order of Dole® Whip items at Aloha Isle. Take a look below to see their reaction!

In addition to this unforgettable moment, the Ramoses received a gift card which they can use to pay for up to $500 of food and beverage mobile orders at any of the more than 20 participating quick service dining locations throughout Walt Disney World Resort.

The mobile order service has provided guests like the Ramos family with the convenience and flexibility of ordering hours or even minutes in advance from wherever they happen to be – whether waiting in line at an attraction, on the monorail headed to the parks or even upon their arrival at the restaurant. The service debuted last year and has since expanded to Disneyland Resort as well, currently available at more than 20 quick-service dining locations across Disneyland park and Disney California Adventure park.

And a comment by one of the readers

” the Ramoses received a gift card which they can use to pay for up to $500 of food and beverage mobile orders at any of the more than 20 participating quick service dining locations throughout Walt Disney World Resort.”

How will they be able to use the gift card when the app doesn’t take gift cards for payment?

Surprised they didnt say how busted online ordering was a pecos bills that day. We used it right before the on and off crashes for a few hours