I believe this would be really good!  I will try to make these without the chocolate and put some different kind of chips in there instead.  Sometimes having a chocolate allergy stinks, lol.  These always are a hit at grand gatherings, chocolate or not.

https://iambaker.net/garbage-bars-magic-cookie-bars/

Since I decided to make them just a few hours ago, I hadn’t prepared and gotten supplies.  The reason I am calling them “garbage bars” is because I simply emptied out my pantry to make them.

The bars are based off a recipe from my Mother-in-Law’s church cookbook and are called Magic Cookie Bars and they have been around for many, many years!

Garbage Bars Recipe

Instead of using semi-sweet chocolate and chopped nuts as the original recipe called for, I used 1/2 cup of four different kinds of treats.

Just a few ingredients for Special Magic Cookie Bars!

Garbage Bars

1/2 cup Peanut Butter Chips

1/2 cup Milk Chocolate Chips

1/2 cup White Chocolate Chips

1/2 cup Butterscotch Chips

I thought they turned out pretty great!

Sweet… like -holy heck are they sweet- but great none the less.

Amazingly Sweet Magic Cookie Bars!

Magic Bars Recipe

If you want to stick to the traditional recipe simply use 2 cups of chocolate chips (milk or semi-sweet) and 1 cup chopped nuts. You can also use the traditional

Another fun variation? Try adding 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon to the graham cracker crust!

I just love how “custom” these bars are.  You can truly make them yours by using your favorite ingredients!

Amazing Garbage Bars!

Garbage Bars

Created by  on April 16, 2016

Ingredients

• 1 1/2 c graham cracker crumbs
  • 1/2 c melted butter
  • 15 oz can of sweetened condensed milk
  • 1/2 c peanut butter chips
  • 1/2 c milk chocolate chips (or semi-sweet)
  • 1/2 c white chocolate chips
  • 1/2 c butterscotch chips
  • (Or 2 cups of whatever you have in your pantry: left over candy bars, oatmeal, etc.)
  • 1 c coconut flakes (the original calls for 1 1/2 cups, but I am not a coconut fan)

Instructions

1. Heat oven to 350.
  2. Melt butter in microwave or small saucepan over low heat. Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs over bottom of 9x13 pan then pour butter over crumbs. Flatten out crumbs with fork and make sure butter is evenly incorporated.
  3. Evenly pour two cups of flavored chips over graham cracker crust.
  4. Pour condensed milk over chips.
  5. Cover with coconut flakes. (Or shredded coconut)
  6. Bake 25 minutes. Edges will be brown and center should not jiggle.